Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow gap..WARNING

1235»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

cajonlardo wrote: »
    twin high lift thighs, v6 heart revving at 188bpm, 1000 kms to a gallon of high 5.....

seriously, in over 4 decades of cycling and over 35 years driving I've no problem with motor cyclists even though I've never been one

Human heart has 4 chambers, but 2 of those only contribute to 20% of cardiac output at best. It's more like a parallel twin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Human heart has 4 chambers, but 2 of those only contribute to 20% of cardiac output at best. It's more like a parallel twin.

I upgraded over those decades

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

You do that realise in the majority of countries that bus-lanes are legally open to motorcycles?

No surprise then that Ireland isn't one of them with its anti-motorcycling culture, which is evident in the posts of these f*g**t cyclists.

I never see a motorcycle run a red light, but I see cyclists do it every day of the week.

I'll glady use a buslane or filter through traffic if that means not getting rear ended and crushed to death by a dozy car driver. I value my safety above obeying the archaic road traffic laws of this country.

To be honest as a cyclist and a motorist I'd 100% support motorbikes sharing bus lanes. They're just as vulnerable as a cyclist in most situations. Can never understand it.

I'd say the vast majority do and given the amount of times I've seen the gardai witnessing motorbikes in bus lanes they turn a blind eye to this.

It's like anything - if people act responsibly and respect those around them, no issues. 99% of motorbikers do. But it's the 1% that act the d!ck in bus lanes or, more worryingly, mandatory bike lanes that ruin it for everyone.

This thread is some funny ****e, long may it continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,127 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Oh Christ, Fencer's arrived.

I'm out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,390 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I never see a motorcycle run a red light, but I see cyclists do it every day of the week.
    Bwaaahaahaa - good one, never see a motorcyclist red light.

Next you'll be telling us that they always stick to the speed limit too....

I rarely stick to the speed limit, but I'll always stop at a red light.

Enjoy your slow ass fag*o* bicycle. Even a 20 year old bandit 600 will outperform 99% of vehicles on Irish roads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,127 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Enjoy your slow ass fag*o* bicycle. Even a 20 year old bandit 600 will outperform 99% of vehicles on Irish roads.
    Not in city traffic it won't.

edit: damnit, I said I was out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,390 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Are we in Inbetweeners territory, where 'fag' is meant to be an insult? But yeah, I really do enjoy cycling - it's a great buzz. I enjoy the 50% reduction in cancer rates, the weight loss and lots of other benefits too.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/health-39641122

I rarely stick to the speed limit, but I'll always stop at a red light.

Full marks for honesty, though you might want to have a think about which of those breaches of traffic law is one of the major factors underlying the death toll on our roads.

And isn't it a bit hypocritical to be whinging about cyclists and red lights when you choose to break the laws that suit you?

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

Just to clarify, I don't own a bandit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Just to clarify, I don't own a bandit.

Can only be a tricycle (of the pedal variety) if we are to judge your age by your posts.

I spend my days healing the sick and the poor. I need some comic relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bushmanpm

Bikers in general are renowned for their "Gallows Humour"
    If you find a bit of banter like "...sweaty ball Lycra brigade" offensive I'd humbly suggest you're a little too thin skinned and should probably stick with lycranazis.com or mumsnet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

grahambo wrote: »
    Cyclists are without a doubt the biggest Hazard on the road.

They show absolutely no awareness to whats around them.

When there's a large bunch if them together holding up traffic people get fed up being behind them and take stupid chances to get past.

Just two of many "beautiful" incidents that I caught on the helmet cam today. (apologies for the language)

Cyclist just moves out into centre of road for no reason without looking:
    https://youtu.be/szZF-Yvrx4E

Moron runs another car off the road trying to get past a murder of cyclists
    https://youtu.be/snuj6dsRtxw
    Newsflash: Road user irritated at road user using road.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭didds

Deadly! Funny thread. Bikers complaining about cyclists in Wicklow? Jesus H. If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

The only problem I have with bikers in Wicklow is seeing them go up the hills the easy way when I'm cursing every way under the sun getting up there ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I'm enjoying the influx of new posters (to motorbikes) on here....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'm enjoying the influx of new posters (to motorbikes) on here....:)

Sure we all share the road outside of cages :)

Plus you do get to see some beautiful machines up that way to go with the scenery.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement