Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to explain this while jobhunting

Options
  • 11-06-2017 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I recently took up a new job after a few months on the dole. I was in a bad way financially and took the job without really thinking it through. I've been there a month now and it's just not for me. I'm already looking out for something else but how do I handle this. Do I stick it in my cv and look flaky or what.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Leave it off your CV

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Really depends on the roles you are applying for, if it's professional work related to previous experience and qualifications, then you might leave it off. Personally I would always put it on, it always looks better to be working, but suppose it depend on industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Doesn't necessarily look that bad - it shows that you will do what you have to do, rather than staying on the dole and being picky about jobs.

I'd leave it on and be honest when asked - you were unemployed and so you jumped at the first job offer that came your way. But you've come to realise that it's not for you so you're looking for a more permanent role.

Advertisement