Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Consumer Group urges people not to use certain beauty and hygiene products

Options
  • 11-06-2017 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Interesting and scary article - https://www.thelocal.fr/20170608/french-warned-over-more-than-1000-cosmetics-products

Really horrible that a lot of these items are kids products.

Hopefully this will make some people more curious about what's in products.
    Most people just assume that if a product is available to buy on a shelf, it's safe.... that someone somewhere must have tested it and deemed it safe to use.

People really need to be more aware and show an interest into researching what goes on their skin and into their body.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Going to have to get the list translater? Delighted something like this has happened. There is so many products out there people forget that, its a money making business and most of the companies dont give a hoot of maybe long term issues after using them.. People need to step back and think of what they are using, and why they are using it.. Just becuase the internet tells you to use something, or this girl down the road is using it. Doesnt mean we all have to...People have become extremly silly

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭raemie10

Milly33 wrote: »
    Going to have to get the list translater? Delighted something like this has happened. There is so many products out there people forget that, its a money making business and most of the companies dont give a hoot of maybe long term issues after using them.. People need to step back and think of what they are using, and why they are using it.. Just becuase the internet tells you to use something, or this girl down the road is using it. Doesnt mean we all have to...People have become extremly silly

I'm sure someone will translate it all over the coming days.
    I'm sure people will be very shocked to see brands such as Loccitane and Lush, who many would consider natural on the list too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I know, but people just see what they want to see and do no backround checks on stuff because it is main stream they think tis grand sure...Fingers crossed the will translate or I will take a look later and see if it will translate online would be an interesting read

Advertisement