Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Canal to Ferbane walk.....

Options
  • 11-06-2017 1:21pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭

.....from Dublin.
    This is just dreaming at this stage.
    Time off in August and I'd like to give it a shot.
    Advice please.
    I would most likely camp out all the way. My main kit ie. tent (Vaude Hogan UL), Thermarest Neoair pad and Deuter 3 season down bag, together, come in at just under 8 lbs. This is lightweight enough. I'd be using a Sawyer filter I reckon for water. No brainer. The rest of the kit would be, I reckon, clothing. Have a Montane Precip jacket. Light and waterproof. So, a couple of changes of clothing (have mostly merino stuff). Won't be using my Trangia or cooking anything. For the weight, pointless I reckon.
    Would be bringing an old type phone, the two week battery type. It's new though :)
    No electronics. Have a couple of micro fleece towels, one small. Dr Bronners soap, which I use anyway. Swiss army knife.
    What else?.......

Plan on getting, possibly, a Granite Gear Lutsen 45. Reckon this is enough capacity? Very conscious of the trap of buying a bigger pack = more unnecessary kit ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

You said no electronics but a Kindle might be a nice addition and the battery should last.

Also, a folding saw (garden pruning saw or similar) might be useful if you are planning on setting a campfire at any stage. You could also bring a cigarette lighter.

Headtorch.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Kindle I have and use it daily. Possibility.
    Saw on my Swiss Army Hiker.
    Might get a headlight even though my analogue phone had a LED.
    Less luxuries. ;-)

Advertisement