Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi (Hailo / MyTaxi)

Options
  • 11-06-2017 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if taxi drivers can accept card payment through MyTaxi for jobs that are not picked up through the app... i.e. - for customers who flag a taxi down or a pickup from a taxi rank?

If so, does anyone know what processing fee the taxi driver is charged for processing a card payment?

Thank you for your help.

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I know with Hailo you could pay a driver if they were a Hailo driver already. I've yet to try it with MyTaxi but given how bad the App is, I would be surprised if you could.

Also, a lot of drivers I tried to use it with wouldn't / couldn't accept it by the App. Partly due the Hailo app being a little patchy in the way it implemented it and partly because drivers prefer cash so they'd blame the App. Happened me a few times and I brought it up with some drivers, its fairly common allegedly.

Advertisement