Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen Roche GP - Wed 21st June

Options
  • 11-06-2017 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Announcement Article: Stephen Roche GP 2017

Scott-Orwell Wheelers are pleased to announce the 2017 edition of, Ireland's most prestigious Criterium Race, the Stephen Roche GP. It's a little extra special this year as it's thirty years on from Stephen Roche's Triple Crown.

This year, the action takes place on Wednesday June 21st. The evening will kick off with novice and youth races from 18.45, the Lisney Women's GP at 19.20, and the Stephen Roche GP at 20.00.
    Entry to the youth race is free.

Event
    Date: Wednesday June 21st

Times:
    • Sign-On Opens: 17:30 - 18:30
    • Youth Race: 18:45
    • Women's Race: 19:20
    • A/1/2/3/Jr Race: 20:00

Entry Fee:
    • Seniors: €15
    • Juniors: €5
    • Youth: Free

1. Sign-On and Parking is at Ballinteer Community School.
    2. Start line is 1.2km away in Meadow Mount Estate.
    Route: Roche GP Route.

20170621-RocheGP-Poster.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Just giving this a bump for Wednesday.

New News
    The Lisney Women's GP will be a CP. The B group will have a handicap. This will ensure that all the riders have a competitive evening.
    WomensCycling.ie have an article focused on the details for the Women's Race.
    http://womenscycling.ie/lisney-womens-gp-2017-wed-june-21st/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Is there a route map anywhere?

nee wrote: »
    Is there a route map anywhere?

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/8660911

There you go, actually used to live over the road and learned to drive on that loop :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/8660911

There you go, actually used to live over the road and learned to drive on that loop :D

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Hoping to bring the kids along but it'll be a hard sell if the predicted thunderstorms hit :(

• Advertisement

Had some serious flash backs looking at that route earlier of my time living around there and I'm thinking the surface there for the most part isn't tar mac is it? It's the old cement type surface?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

Had some serious flash backs looking at that route earlier of my time living around there and I'm thinking the surface there for the most part isn't tar mac is it? It's the old cement type surface?

Yes - perfectly good for racing. Most local/keremesse races in The Netherlands/Belgium take place on similar roads, bumps lumps and all. In all the years thus event has taken place, I don't remember there being an issue with the racing surface. Im more worried about lashing rain/thunderstorms but I think they are unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Weather forecast is looking good for tomorrow on Yr. Should be a great buzz, I'm marshalling and really looking forward it.

It's a good event for spectators with such a short loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Thud

JK.BMC wrote: »
    Yes - perfectly good for racing. Most local/keremesse races in The Netherlands/Belgium take place on similar roads, bumps lumps and all. In all the years thus event has taken place, I don't remember there being an issue with the racing surface. Im more worried about lashing rain/thunderstorms but I think they are unlikely

The Dundrum end of the loop has recently been tarmac'd and is nice a smooth, the other end hasn't been done, a few bone shaker bits on Meadow Mount road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

this race is the bomb.

it's like a keirin with 60 riders

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Is two full 800ml bottles for an hour's racing overkill?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

A massive thank you to all who came this evening, despite the late rain storms.
    Phillip Lavery and Fiona Guiheen took home the big prizes.

Results: https://www.orwellwheelers.org/events/stephen-roche-gp/1095-stephen-roche-gp-2017-results

Advertisement