Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Announcement Tomorrow

• 11-06-2017 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭

According to Anne Sheridan who works for the leader:

Major jobs announcement tomorrow, adding to a record 1,400 plus jobs created by IDA in Limerick in past year, @Limerick_Leader #jobfairy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Standing Shannon Development down as the driver of FDI in the region a few years back will prove to be the best thing to ever happen this town...like him or not these changes occurred on Noonans watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭sleepyman

Looks like it's Northern Trust again according to the Leader.Pity they aren't in the city but jobs are jobs I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

400 extra Northern Trust jobs for Limerick.  Limerick city will still benefit from this regardless of the jobs being based in suburban locations.  That's 100s of more decent salaried workers contributing economically, socially, culturally, to renting or new home purchases, shopping, entertainment etc to the city so the city will still enjoy the spinoffs.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/northern-trust-to-bring-another-400-jobs-to-limerick-1.3116540

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

ongarboy wrote: »
    400 extra Northern Trust jobs for Limerick.  Limerick city will still benefit from this regardless of the jobs being based in suburban locations. 

Not so sure about this? Anyone I've ever met that works for Northern Trust are from Tipperary, Clare or Limerick county and they just commute in. They have no interaction with the city whatsoever. Those from Limerick city I know working there are still living in their family homes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

panda100 wrote: »
    Not so sure about this? Anyone I've ever met that works for Northern Trust are from Tipperary, Clare or Limerick county and they just commute in. They have no interaction with the city whatsoever. Those from Limerick city I know working there are still living in their family homes

Yeah, according to the radio this morning they have staff commuting in form 13 counties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭goochy

seems hard to believe they are commuting from 13 counties - are they on permanent contracts ?
    if they are - why not move near to work where property good value.

maybe they are afraid jobs wont last and will be stuck with home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

goochy wrote: »
    seems hard to believe they are commuting from 13 counties - are they on permanent contracts ?
    if they are - why not move near to work where property good value.

maybe they are afraid jobs wont last and will be stuck with home?

It's because Castletroy is boring.

I'm commuting from South Tipp and enjoy it. (On a permanent contract)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

callaway92 wrote: »
    It's because Castletroy is boring.

I'm commuting from South Tipp and enjoy it. (On a permanent contract)

I know, I mean South Tipp is so exciting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

All I can say is fair play to that newsagents that went into the Northern Trust building when it had no tenants. They must be making an absolute fortune now!

I remember Castletroy was lovely place , these days seems to be a lot of rentals and estates look unkept / unattractive.

• Advertisement

I know, I mean South Tipp is so exciting!

Good man....

It's where my home is though. .

goochy wrote: »
    I remember Castletroy was lovely place , these days seems to be a lot of rentals and estates look unkept / unattractive.

That's exactly what it is. Just another one of many suburbs.

Northern Trust must be the biggest employer in Limerick now?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Northern Trust must be the biggest employer in Limerick now?

They're up there, but I think Dell, Analog, Stryker, Vistakon would all be up around the 1000 mark too.

They're up there, but I think Dell, Analog, Stryker, Vistakon would all be up around the 1000 mark too.

Dell was at one point. Not sure these days. Stryker is around the 700 mark. Used to work there. Analog is around the same I think. Forgot about Vistakon actually. Over 1000 there easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭VikingG

Dell is at 950 at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

kebab shops are easily 2000+ at this stage.

VikingG wrote: »
    Dell is at 950 at the moment.

Really? Haven't stepped foot in there since 2009. Didn't think they could squeeze 950 people into EMF 1 :pac:

Limerick Council and HSE quite large employers as well.

Limerick Council and HSE quite large employers as well.

I meant private.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Good value? I'm renting a fabulous 4 bed about 35 miles from the city for half the price of a 2 bed apartment in the city. I have a lovley back garden for the kids and dogs. I can stroll the beautifull countryside in the evening rather than stroll through a scumbag infested , busy city centre.

yes I agree about Dublin city , but what about limerick ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Good value? I'm renting a fabulous 4 bed about 35 miles from the city for half the price of a 2 bed apartment in the city. I have a lovley back garden for the kids and dogs. I can stroll the beautifull countryside in the evening rather than stroll through a scumbag infested , busy city centre.

Your're still renting though, money down the drain.

Your're still renting though, money down the drain.

I will be buying in the countryside too. Much better value. Limericks a grand city don't get me wrong, but I would not live there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,275 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Really? Haven't stepped foot in there since 2009. Didn't think they could squeeze 950 people into EMF 1 :pac:

Plenty of space for more if they needed too.

goochy wrote:
    yes I agree about Dublin city , but what about limerick ?

Applies to any city really.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭VikingG

Sitting here right now :-)

Scumbag infested, busy city centre? I have to disagree with you there!
    The city centre is extremely quiet!

Scumbag infested, busy city centre? I have to disagree with you there! The city centre is extremely quiet!

Compared to the countryside I mean. You can't deny the city is full of scum though, especially those loudmouthed girls in pyjamas.

Each to there own and all that, but there is no "excellent value" to be got in or around the city for a family.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

There's already one accomodation and property section on boards. I don't think we need another.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement