Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Irish college

Options
  • 11-06-2017 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

My daughter, who has finished 5th year, would like to go to Irish college in late July/August.

She is considering Coláiste Chamuis, Spleodar, Coláiste Chorca Dhuibhne or Coláiste na bhFiann. All have vacancies for this period.

She is an excellent student of Irish and she is aiming for an A1 grade. She would like to go to a college in a gaeltacht where she will be exposed to a very high standard of Irish as she really wants to perfect her oral Irish.

Which college would be the best choice for her?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭An gal gréine

There are colleges in Donegal too!!!
    Give Gael Linn a call and they'll help you out. They have courses in the different provinces.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Deep_learning

Apologies for not replying, an gal gréine.

We are in Cork and she hadn't considered Donegal mainly due to distance.

She hasn't booked yet. She was all set to reserve Coláiste na bhFiann but then read some negative feedback t the last minute (e.g. fifth years put in classes with second years).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm working with Spleodar myself, and have been for the last few summers. I'd recommend it to anyone. Will be with them again for the July/August course.

It's not easy, but it's absolutely worth considering. Supervision and encouragement around the clock, an awesome variety of activities, very passionate people, but some very strict rules.

Advertisement