Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After activating office 2016 and am getting nags asking to verify office 365

Options
  • 11-06-2017 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭

I bought and activated Office 2016 for a friend.
    I think they may have had office 365 subscribed to for a trial period.
    Anyway I tried disconnecting from Microsoft Word and I get a pop up asking me to connect to verify Office 365 suscription.
    Office 365 shouldn't be needed if I'm after buying and activating Office Home and Student 2016.
    Should I be worried?
    Is something wrong with the activation?
    I'm puzzled has anyone had this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I bought and activated Office 2016 for a friend.
    I think they may have had office 365 subscribed to for a trial period.
    Anyway I tried disconnecting from Microsoft Word and I get a pop up asking me to connect to verify Office 365 suscription.
    Office 365 shouldn't be needed if I'm after buying and activating Office Home and Student 2016.
    Should I be worried?
    Is something wrong with the activation?
    I'm puzzled has anyone had this problem?

Check the installed programs, there is probably office 365 and office 2016 in there. If you see office 365, uninstall it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Thanks deleting office 365 from the programs seems to have fixed it.
    Its not nagging anymore now.
    I think it asked me to connect to the internet once and I closed the box and then there was no nagging after that.

Advertisement