Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming insurance for dents

Options
  • 11-06-2017 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hello
    I need advice on claiming insurance of a car owner who's parked next to me inside the apartment parking lot.

Basically, I bought a brand new car and drove it to my designated parking lot on 2nd June (friday afternoon). By 4th June Sunday 10am, I noticed there are 3 dent marks on the passenger side of my car. I am confident it was caused by the car owner parked on the left side which is a bright yellow FIAT Punto. (dents also left behind yellow paint).

After 2 hours, I confronted the driver of the yellow FIAT and he admitted that it was caused by his car, plus my car was idle at my parking spot from Saturday 4pm. So it must have happened between Sat 4pm-Sunday 10am.

The problem is, I wasn't sure what to do in terms of getting compensation from the driver until I've gotten my friend's advice on Sunday night (I left on Monday morning 4am for short holiday).

The plan was to leave a note on his windscreen about mutually settling the problem w/o going to insurance company. However, now the yellow car is no longer seen/parked in the apartment's premise since Monday noon (according to neighbout) and seems like he knows I was going to claim against his insurance and he's trying to avoid that.

Can anyone advice if I need his insurance details to claim? What if I have only his car registration number, will that be sufficient? Any other ways how to get about with reg num? Many thanks!

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Ring your insurance co and inform them of the situation

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

You've got to locate the 3rd party OP. Not sure the reg is enough. The Gardai won't be too interested as it's a civil matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kellyin

Thanks for reply... my fault for I totally forgotten to capture photo of the car and insurance details on windscreen :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Look for cctv in the car park or on a shop near by.

Advertisement