Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Account for SUSI

Options
  • 11-06-2017 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I need to open a bank account to avail of a grant, I am currently taking my Leaving Cert at the moment so I was unsure of if I still qualify for a 2nd level student account or a 3rd level student account.

Also, if I do qualify, what documentation (if any) do I need to bring into the branch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

romagnet wrote: »
    I need to open a bank account to avail of a grant, I am currently taking my Leaving Cert at the moment so I was unsure of if I still qualify for a 2nd level student account or a 3rd level student account.

Also, if I do qualify, what documentation (if any) do I need to bring into the branch?
    Hi romagnet,

Thanks for your message today. If you are 17 or over you can open a 3rd level student account here. Any documentation that you need to open this account is given in that link.
    If you are under 17 a 2nd level account can be opened through the "apply online" section available through a parents or guardians 365 online banking profile if they hold an account through Bank of Ireland. Alternatively you can set an appointment in a branch to open this type of account here.
    Thanks again for contacting us here.
    Darren.

Advertisement