If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Av2300 Technical Question

Options
  • 11-06-2017 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I had a Blue Ray player (Philips BD3250/05) Which i bought off yourselves a few years back connected to the av2300 which I got earlier on in the year from your good selves.
    This evening was my first time actually using the DVD player with the avr,i had it connected through the Blue Ray assigned HDMI input on the back  but when i turned on the blue ray etc I got a philips initial startup screen for a few seconds and then goes blank,I swapped out the hdmi cable and tried the DVD,Game, and the CBL/SAT HDMI inputs also and same thing happens,However if i connect to the Aux 1 on the front everything works perfect 

Any ideas as to why it wont work through the back HDMI inputs ?

Clinton

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi guys

I had a Blue Ray player (Philips BD3250/05) Which i bought off yourselves a few years back connected to the av2300 which I got earlier on in the year from your good selves.
    This evening was my first time actually using the DVD player with the avr,i had it connected through the Blue Ray assigned HDMI input on the back  but when i turned on the blue ray etc I got a philips initial startup screen for a few seconds and then goes blank,I swapped out the hdmi cable and tried the DVD,Game, and the CBL/SAT HDMI inputs also and same thing happens,However if i connect to the Aux 1 on the front everything works perfect 

Clinton
    Hi Clinton,

If you go to the menu on the AVRX2300 and check the HDMI settings. Check that the HDMI input settings are not set to 4K and set them to auto. If you check what settings are on the AUX HDMI and see if they are different to the rear HDMIs this might solve the issue.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Hi guys

Clinton
    Hi Clinton,

If you go to the menu on the AVRX2300 and check the HDMI settings. Check that the HDMI input settings are not set to 4K and set them to auto. If you check what settings are on the AUX HDMI and see if they are different to the rear HDMIs this might solve the issue.

Kind regards

David
    Tried the above and no good initially,I went into the settings on the Blu ray player and found a setting for a Deep Colour output and turned this to off and it worked.Whats funny is i can have this set to on when connected to the Aux1 input but it has to be turned off for the input at the back.
    Any idea as to why this is the case as i though the inputs would all be the same ?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi guys

Clinton
    Hi Clinton,

Kind regards

David
    Tried the above and no good initially,I went into the settings on the Blu ray player and found a setting for a Deep Colour output and turned this to off and it worked.Whats funny is i can have this set to on when connected to the Aux1 input but it has to be turned off for the input at the back.
    Any idea as to why this is the case as i though the inputs would all be the same ?
    Hi Clinton.

Apologies for the delay.

Have you perhaps tried to give Denon a call to see if they can shed any light on your issue?

I think I read somewhere online before that the rear ports may be a different version the the front?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.