Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polaroid glasses

Options
  • 11-06-2017 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Without spending a fortune can anyone recommend a good pair of Polaroids

I'm using a pair eye level amber lense and being honest they are terrible and every time I go out I tell myself I will change

I prefer an amber lense if that matters

I don't want to spend too much as chances are I will break them

Say 50e budget

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

popsy09 wrote: »

I'm using a pair eye level amber lense and being honest they are terrible and every time I go out I tell myself I will change

Say 50e budget

I got myself fox sunglasses with removable lenses.... brown..yellow...grey.. they are superb... polarized ofc... so depending the weather i can adjust them to my needs aka sun...rain...cloudy ..etc

I paid 30e....have them over 2 years..

Got them of ebay.....cheapest from germany but there is an uk seller as well...

Got you a link....honestly superb for the money.... just keep the lenses protected...as they are plastic not glass.... prone to scratch easy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232129901345

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Bikerguy wrote: »
    I got myself fox sunglasses with removable lenses.... brown..yellow...grey.. they are superb... polarized ofc... so depending the weather i can adjust them to my needs aka sun...rain...cloudy ..etc

I paid 30e....have them over 2 years..

Got them of ebay.....cheapest from germany but there is an uk seller as well...

Got you a link....honestly superb for the money.... just keep the lenses protected...as they are plastic not glass.... prone to scratch easy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232129901345

Very interesting , I would definitely lose the spare lense though ha

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

Say 50e budget

These are currently available at a great price... have had several pairs and very happy with them (but keep losing them!).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Duco-Driving-Sunglasses-Polarized-Glasses/dp/B00RPAS6O0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497294214&sr=8-1&keywords=duco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Very interesting , I would definitely lose the spare lense though ha

The lenses comes with plastic pouch that fit the case itself... look its just an option.... they are budget sun glasses.....

Best of luck.

I do a lot of canal small and/or lake spinning.... and polarized is the only way to go....so long story short....if i had black glasses in rain or cloudy weather it would not suit the purpose while with fox glasses i only replace the lense and i am not saying its 100% ideal but for sure more natural then with black only.... but thats my 2c...other people may have different taste....again good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Argos do a cheap set of Dunlop ones that are OK, keep an eye on Lidl and Aldi websites, they do them for a fiver now and again

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Jim from Cork

I use Polaroids - great lenses!
    Check some of the big chemist chains.

Advertisement