Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life is Strange - Before the Storm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cool where did you see the release date? Was hoping it would be before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Cool where did you see the release date? Was hoping it would be before Christmas.

It’s mentioned in a few sites that posted the trailer

Watched a few secs and turned it off, can't wait for the finale!

Episode 3 is out now, can’t wait to play it

• Advertisement

Was waiting for it to be fully released, how does it stack up compared to the first game? Might as well wait a week or so to get it as could be on sale over Xmas.

Was waiting for it to be fully released, how does it stack up compared to the first game? Might as well wait a week or so to get it as could be on sale over Xmas.

I haven't started the 3rd ep yet, want to make sure I have a clear few hours for it. If you liked the first, then I would definitely recommend it. The story is so good (so far) that it has made me look at the first game completely differently and will be playing through that again with the knowledge I have now, it's a great compliment to the original. Will surely be on sale at some point but I'm really looking forward to the bonus episode releasing early next year that will have Chloe and Max back together (with the original voice actors). The deluxe edition should be worth the price for that alone.

Man this was ****ing brilliant, in some ways better than the original and made me want to go straight into LiS now actually caring about the
    missing
    Rachael and understanding why Chloe acts how she did in it.... And also how Max is a biatch for not texting back.

The main choice at the end was very divisive with the world choice showing a 49/51 split.

I ended up with...
    Telling Rachael everything (49%). I liked how there was no supernatural stuff in the end.

I also liked how it didn't go all the way up to her going missing except for the very last bit of the missed phone calls and the sound of a camera taking pictures.
    I thought it might explain more about what happens between Rachael and Frank in LiS or at least hint at something.

Also as for the 91% (myself included) who didn't get Rachael to meet Sera, it was because you chose the shift option in episode 2 ye dirty bastards :D Turns out, if you ask for her bracelet instead, to can give it to Sera at the end and she turns up to the lighthouse to meet R. Looked it up on YouTube and the kissing scene fits the story better imo.

Deck Nine Games did a brilliant job with this and deserve more credit than they are getting. Absolutely not a cash grab as some people suggest.

Highly recommend to pick this up if you haven't already and if you like it, go straight into Life Is Strange after it.

Glad I didn't pull the trigger the other night, sure enough it went on sale in the Xbox christmas sale :)

Oh wow I'd no idea daughter did so much original music for this, knew was soon as I loaded the game it was them. love their stuff late at night.

• Advertisement

Oh wow I'd no idea daughter did so much original music for this, knew was soon as I loaded the game it was them. love their stuff late at night.

Never heard of them before this but now have them on in the car, they nailed the soundtrack.

Did you get the deluxe edition? Comes with a theme on PS4 with the home screen of the game and the theme music, up there with the Firewatch theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

That was an Ok episode, it had good parts but some fluff too.
    I liked the junk yard scene with Damon and Frank, it had good shock value, I really wasn't expecting Rachael to get stabbed by Damon, the intensity really ramped up quick there, but in other places it was a bit wtf?, I knew the Elliot character was made out to be a bit off, but going all out psycho in the Fathers/DA's office was a bit nuts.

During the closing scenes (in the old burnt out building), I did not offer the bracelet choosing to heed Sera's wish to not tell Rachel the truth in order to not tear the family apart, I honestly thought that whole scene with both Chloe and Sera talking was one of Chloe's out of body experiences (dreams) and that Damon had actually OD'd her and that she dead. Also I presume Frank off'ed Damon defending Chloe in that confrontation and that scene of him at the end pouring his drink on the ground was offering some sort of tribute to a lost friend or something? I cant really be sure, allot was happening there, some of it was a bit odd. The final cut scene after the credits was a bit eerie, I presume that is Rachael's phone ringing while it sits on the desk in the dark room.

Overall as a season, I am feeling a little disappointed. I know I am going to be in a minority here, but that is OK. I just did not get that same sense of magic that the first season had, it despite its flaws, managed to leave me emotionally dumbstruck long after the credits had rolled, and for that it will always be special to me.

(Season 1 spoiler)
    I know it gives a bit more backstory on Chloe but you also have to remember, you play the first game as Max who hasn't talked to Chloe in about 5 years so knows nothing of what has gone on here. She has to figure that out by investigating and letting what she discovers influence her decision making over the course of those 5 days.

Also:
    Did anyone else spot a bug during the D&D session in the hospital, the camera was on Steph, then all of a sudden Mikeys head just appears beside her just looking around, thought it was a bit funny.

For Elliot,
    did you find his notes in his bedroom, some dark **** going on in his head. The thing about that scene is everything he was saying about Rachael was true, just that his stalkerness didn't help things.

For Frank
    yeah I thought the mill scene was a dream as well but yes Frank kills Damon, pours out a little liquor for the dead homie and I think that's a turning point for him. He's a much bigger asshole in season 1 and I think the murder elevated him to that a bit

As for d&d
    yupp mine glitched as well but it was Mikey's brother that phased through game, half through the bed testing in his phone :)

As for Rachael
    yeah that was the darkroom, each girl had their own red binder and I guess that was hers

Ending thoughts
    from the first season, it seems Rachael had a thing with Frank (possibly when she finds out he saved her ma, then she moved onto Mr Jefferson. Feel bad for Chloe.

Season 1 spoilers
    I went the friend route with max and Chloe and saved her at the end, instantly regretting it, I changed my mind, reloaded it and sacrificed her. I felt that was the hands down thing to do and felt good about it. Now, I just think Chloe deserves a break. She died not ever knowing what happened to Rachael and being blanked by Max for years. When I play through it again, I think I'll go the love tour and watch the Bay burn.

I couldn't not do that game of
    D'n'D
    in the first episode and glad I didn't skip it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished Episode 2.
    So sad that you know these crazy kids aren't gonna make it but still doing the full Chloe Rachel 4eva angle.

Also, Chloe/Rachel >>> Max/Chloe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finished it tonight, much preferred to the other game.

Finished it tonight, much preferred to the other game.

Also finished it tonight and would agree. Everything about it just tighter and better written.

They really had to nail it too to keep you interested since you know what happens these characters so there isn't a huge amount of tension when they're put in threatening situations.
    Chose to tell the giant white lie at the end. Rachel is going to die soon might as well not ruin her family life until she does. The percentages at the end showed 49% told the truth while 51% hid it so I think the writers did a good job in making it conflicting choice.

Never went down the love route for Max and Chloe but it seemed natural for Chloe and Rachel to go that way so they hella lezzed it up.

Ending montage was so bittersweet knowing how it all goes down and the after credit shot was chilling (Fúck you Jefferson!).

Soundtrack was great again.

A pair of really engaging games even with the occasional bit of cringey dialogue.

Bonus episode Farewell releasing in March. Thought it would be out this month.

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/954016553208606720

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

^ Vinyl :)

Bonus episode Farewell is live for download now.

• Advertisement

Bonus episode Farewell is live for download now.

I'd forgotten it was an evening release today, cheers.

Will play it at the weekend.

Hope it's hella shaka brah.

Jesus that really was a Farewell, beautifully done by Deck Nine. For anyone who doesn't have the deluxe or not buying the farewell episode, I made a vid for the ending. Don't usually do that but between the ending and the song, it just fit perfectly.

Also, I am definitely playing through Life Is Strange again as Before the Storm has made me see it in a whole new light and made me want to change my ending.

Spoilers obviously

Bravo! deck nine on that. I was expecting a big bucket of cringe but they delivered solid episode with a
    proper gut punch there in the end
    . I have a love for stories that
    lul you into a false sense of security before proceeding to ripping your heart out
    . They needed more of that, which I didn't get anything remotely close to, from their first three (Bts) episodes. Also was great to have the original voice actors back, it made a huge difference and made for a good send off to the whole LiS story.

Jesus that really was a Farewell, beautifully done by Deck Nine. For anyone who doesn't have the deluxe or not buying the farewell episode, I made a vid for the ending. Don't usually do that but between the ending and the song, it just fit perfectly.

Also, I am definitely playing through Life Is Strange again as Before the Storm has made me see it in a whole new light and made me want to change my ending.

Spoilers obviously
    Bravo! deck nine on that. I was expecting a big bucket of cringe but they delivered solid episode with a
    proper gut punch there in the end
    . I have a love for stories that
    lul you into a false sense of security before proceeding to ripping your heart out
    . They needed more of that, which I didn't get anything remotely close to, from their first three (Bts) episodes. Also was great to have the original voice actors back, it made a huge difference and made for a good send off to the whole LiS story.

You two must be gluttons for punishment. Love the game but I couldn't put myself through it all again! Too many emotional gut punches to deal with.

Finished Farewell this evening and it was no different. Lovely, sad little epilogue to the series.

Read a week or so ago that they'll be revealing the details for the next story in the coming months so expecting something at E3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I've finished the 3 main episodes, have farewell.

Not as good as the first one I think but still my second favourite story driven game. Love the soundtrack, been playing the playlist on Spotify a lot.

J. Marston wrote: »
    You two must be gluttons for punishment. Love the game but I couldn't put myself through it all again! Too many emotional gut punches to deal with.

Ha ha, I wouldn't say I am a glutton for punishment, but I get seriously tired of stories that constantly do the happy ever after endings. Its good when something comes along every now and then and dares to be a bit different and gets its audience to feel and think about the story.
    Love the soundtrack, been playing the playlist on Spotify a lot.

The sound track for both games has been really good, I have been listening to groups now I wouldn't have heard of before or even thought of listening to.

On sale on psn today, 10 for the season and 15 for the deluxe including bonus episode. Completely worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DavidK1994

Hi, bit of a longshot but any chance I could get the dynamic theme off someones account possibly. Not sure it will even work but really love it! Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement