Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Carrier Rucksack

Options
  • 12-06-2017 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I did a search but the last thread on this was 3+ years ago!

Can anyone recommend a good child carrier that isn't too expensive?

Child coming up to 6 months now & plan to use it for a few years!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

I have a connecta and find it really nice. It goes up to 18 months. Front and back carry. There are other types that can carry for longer such as kibi. I'd recommend going to snuggle bugs in naas for a consultation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

The Dueter ones are excellent but not cheap to buy new. You might be able to find one second hand for much cheaper. I've used them extensively and find them comfortable for both of us. I've also slipped while carrying a child in one and they suffered no ill effects due to the frame protecting them well.

My friend has this one and finds it excellent

http://snugglebugs.ie/shop/kibi-gray-blue/

Now maybe they aren't exactly what you are looking for but you can carry a child in them for hours comfortably.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

fits wrote: »
    I have a connecta and find it really nice. It goes up to 18 months. Front and back carry. There are other types that can carry for longer such as kibi. I'd recommend going to snuggle bugs in naas for a consultation.
    fits wrote: »
    My friend has this one and finds it excellent

http://snugglebugs.ie/shop/kibi-gray-blue/

Now maybe they aren't exactly what you are looking for but you can carry a child in them for hours comfortably.

Thanks for the suggestions but was looking for something more backpack / hiking and that will last until over 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

The Dueter ones are excellent but not cheap to buy new. You might be able to find one second hand for much cheaper. I've used them extensively and find them comfortable for both of us. I've also slipped while carrying a child in one and they suffered no ill effects due to the frame protecting them well.

Yeah from extensive research of 30 mins ;) I think the Deuter Kid Comfort is looking like a good option

• Advertisement

frash wrote: »
    Yeah from extensive research of 30 mins ;) I think the Deuter Kid Comfort is looking like a good option

The kibi will last to three years. I'd say Don't discount without trying. But it's up to you.

Advertisement