Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saltwater Fly Fishing

Options
  • 12-06-2017 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone had any experience / success saltwater fly fishing in or around Dalkey / Killiney? I caught a Pollock last year in Killiney half messing one day but was thinking of taking it a bit more serious this year and was wondering if anyone had any advice on specific lines to use or where best to go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

An intermediate line and various clouser and deceiver patterns will get you in contact with some pollack, mackerel and wrasse. Around 7 kg line should be plenty for most of the fish there. The rocks around Killiney and Dalkey have fished well for me in the past. Be prepared to lost some flies in the seaweed.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭RKMG

jack01986 wrote: »
    An intermediate line and various clouser and deceiver patterns will get you in contact with some pollack, mackerel and wrasse. Around 7 kg line should be plenty for most of the fish there. The rocks around Killiney and Dalkey have fished well for me in the past. Be prepared to lost some flies in the seaweed.
    Thanks for that, do you usually fish from a boat or shore? Do ya find specific tides/times are best? sorry for all the questions, just want to make the most of my time when I go!

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

From the shore and a rising tide seemed to work better for me.

Advertisement