Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards - Spotlight (AMA) - Angron

• 12-06-2017 11:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭

Its the first PW Spotlight of 2017 and its with...

Angron

So heres the skinny on how this thread works! Its basically a AMA type deal featuring a PW boardsie.

Basically each week I shall start a new thread with a different member of PW Boards featured each week

In this thread the other boardies can ask him or her a host of different questions. Questions can vary from favourite match, to how they came up with their usernames to what the had for tea last night, with the aim of the thread being that we know that particular boardsie a bit better when the week is done.

There are some rules :
    1. Questions should be Pro Wrestling related although some leeway is allowed e.g. TV and Film interests (Stuff we all talk about in the Off-Topic Thread)
    2. Let's not have questions that are too personal. The poster doesn't have to answer anything they don't want to.
    3. Moderator has final decision on what questions are appropriate or deemed too personal or unrelated.
    4. No discussion of poster's answers in the thread (follow up questions are ok)
    5. Only the poster featured should be answering the questions.
    6. There will be a limit to 3 questions per post.

So without further ado, its Angron!

Ask away guys!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Are you Angry?

Is your name Ron?

What's been your favorite wrestling match of the year so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Whos your wrestling guilty pleasure (someone whos naff but you love them anyway?) and why?

Fav WWE theme music and why?

Whos your fav Pokemon?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Omackeral wrote: »
    Are you Angry?
    Frequently, yes.
    Is your name Ron?
    Nope
    What's been your favorite wrestling match of the year so far?
    Oh, tough enough question, cause there's been a lot of very good matches already. AJ vs Cena at the Rumble was great, Bate vs Dunne at Takeover was amazing, Okada vs Shibata, AOP vs DIY vs The Revival to name but a few. Overall though, I'd have to go with the 6 star match, Omega vs Okada from WK11.
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Whos your wrestling guilty pleasure (someone whos naff but you love them anyway?) and why?
    I've always had a love for Kane, even though he hasn't really done much that could be considered "good" for a few years now, and I imagine is nearing the point where he's going to retire.
    Fav WWE theme music and why?
    Tough one, as there's been a lot that I've loved over the years. I'd say Kane's music from the mid-2000s probably just about takes it, Slow Chemical by Finger Eleven

Whos your fav Pokemon?
    Charizard, the first pokemon I got a tattoo of.

Now you have me curious, what Pokemons have you tattoos of ?

Why the pokemon love in general?

Whats your fav Kane match?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Now you have me curious, what Pokemons have you tattoos of ?
    I also have ones of Charmander and Charmeleon, and I'm saving towards getting one of Mewtwo.
    Why the pokemon love in general?
    I was a kid when it first got big, and used my Communion money to buy myself a Game Boy Colour and a copy of a pokemon game. Still have them, and they still work :D
    Whats your fav Kane match?
    He wasn't really in the match, but I did love his debut in the Undertaker vs HBK HIAC match. Of matches he's been in, favourite match is probably the first match between him and Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

If you had to fight one irish person currently or in history who would it be?

Does the Undertaker kinda resemble scar from the lion king?

If you were to be a rassler what would your gimmick be and why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

3 wrestlers you would base a new wrestling promotion on if you had the ability.

Favourite current on screen talent

And current talent that makes you just turn over or skip forward

Sirsok wrote: »
    If you had to fight one irish person currently or in history who would it be?
    Eoin O'Duffy, the fascist twat.
    Does the Undertaker kinda resemble scar from the lion king?
    Maybe if Taker hadn't slept in a few days and had rings under his eyes.
    If you were to be a rassler what would your gimmick be and why?
    I'd probably go for a Naito-esque "don't care" gimmick. I love his throwing a belt down and leaving without it bit.
    3 wrestlers you would base a new wrestling promotion on if you had the ability.
    Kenny Omega, Pete Dunne, Marty Scurll.
    Favourite current on screen talent
    I think Omega just about takes this, but there's a lot of very good talent out there these days.
    And current talent that makes you just turn over or skip forward
    Reigns. At this point, I just cannot stand to watch anything he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Whats your favourite Marty Scurll match?

Who in your opinion is the best tag team in wrestling today?

Whats your favourite takeaway?

LeeJM wrote: »
    Whats your favourite Marty Scurll match?
    The match that was the first time I saw him live, vs AJ Styles for the Rev Pro Wrestling Heavyweight Championship. I fell in love with his character work, and his wrestling ability was top notch too.
    Who in your opinion is the best tag team in wrestling today?
    The Revival. They are so damn good at what they do.
    Whats your favourite takeaway?
    Pizza I suppose, I don't really eat too many takeaways these days though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

1. TV show that needs more attention?

2. What trivially small thing makes you happy?

3. Have u played Majikarp Jump? What do u make of it?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    1. TV show that needs more attention?
    Currently running, I can't really think of any. Most of the shows I watch these days (Doctor Who, Rick and Morty, Archer) already have pretty big audiences. There's a few finished/cancelled shows I wish had gotten more notice, like My Name Is Earl, Reaper, and despite getting 8 seasons, Psych never seemed too popular over here.
    2. What trivially small thing makes you happy?
    Sitting down with my dogs. I have 5 of them, and wouldn't trade them for the world.
    3. Have u played Majikarp Jump? What do u make of it?
    I haven't yet actually. A load of my friends have, and seem to love it, but it hasn't really grabbed my attention enough really.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Why Angron and not one of the other 17?

Why Angron and not one of the other 17?
    Of the 18, my favourite 4 are Russ, Dorn, Angron, and Curze. Became a sort of a coin flip situation after that :pac: Plus I found the image for my avatar and kinda loved it.

If you could cross one current WWE wrestler over into the world of Dr Who, who would it be and why?

Are you a soccer fan?

Whats your fav video game of all time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Barrys or Lyons

Coke or pepsi

Smackdown or Raw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

We all love an elaborate entrance set/arena set up, whats your favourite one of all time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Are you aware of the Psych tv movie coming this December?

Who would you a) push b) depush c) release (that isn't Roman)

At what point did you realise wrestling was scripted? Was there anything that gave it away or did you just find out?

Barrys or Lyons
    Neither, I don't drink tea.
    Coke or pepsi
    Coke.
    Smackdown or Raw
    At the moment, Smackdown. It's not a perfect show, but at the very least it doesn't feel like a ridiculous amount of filler like Raw.
    If you could cross one current WWE wrestler over into the world of Dr Who, who would it be and why?
    Fandango. His comedic timing has proven to be pretty great, so I think he could work quite well on the show.
    Are you a soccer fan?
    Sort of, not as much as I was when I was younger though. I follow my local team, Longford Town, a bit, and over in England I'd be a fan of Manchester United who I started supporting as a kid because my father wanted me to support Arsenal :pac:
    Whats your fav video game of all time?
    Oof, tough to say. I'd say maybe Left 4 Dead 2, though on another day I could easily give a different answer.
    LeeJM wrote: »
    We all love an elaborate entrance set/arena set up, whats your favourite one of all time?
    It's a simple one, but I'll always have a particular soft spot for the Smackdown Fist entrance setup.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Are you aware of the Psych tv movie coming this December?
    Indeed I am. I think they didn't find out that season 8 would be their last until after they'd started, so it kinda felt like they had to rush some of the stories to get them tied up by the end, so I'm hoping we get a little more fleshing out of stuff like Shawn and Juliet's lives in a new city, Lassiter with a kid, and what Gus is doing.
    Who would you a) push b) depush c) release (that isn't Roman)
    Push - Tyler Breeze. He's in a tag team, and it's really enjoyable stuff, but I'd like to see him get a proper singles push if/when they split up.
    De-push - New Day. Their stranglehold on the tag team division just has me utterly fed up of seeing them in the title picture.
    Release - Erick Rowan. He's just so bloody boring to me. Brock is a close enough second though.
    At what point did you realise wrestling was scripted? Was there anything that gave it away or did you just find out?
    I remember seeing some show when I was younger that had a wrestler talking about how it was all scripted. Can't remember when exactly that was though. WCW also didn't help with the promos about the backstage politics and their fondness of yelling "SWERVE" though.

Have you any dream amtches you'd love to see that havent happened?

If you could take one superstar and give him a new song, what song would you choose?

Which celeb would you love to see in WWE, and what would they be doing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

1. Irish bias aside, from what you've seen of them on the main roster, what is your opinion of Finn and Becky?

2. We need a new tag team that will get over made up of 2 guys that are going nowhere on their own. Who do you choose?

3. Hottest diva?

Have you any dream amtches you'd love to see that havent happened?
    I was gutted that the match Daniel Bryan tried to get WWE to organise never happened, between himself and Shinsuke Nakamura. I'd have to say that would be top of my list.
    If you could take one superstar and give him a new song, what song would you choose?

I'd probably go with someone like Braun, I'm not really sold on his current theme outside of the "BRAAAUN! at the start.
    Which celeb would you love to see in WWE, and what would they be doing ?
    I'd like to see Ronda Rousey in as a competitor. That's the only one that springs to mind really, I've never been a huge fan of celebrity involvement.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    1. Irish bias aside, from what you've seen of them on the main roster, what is your opinion of Finn and Becky?
    I've liked them. Granted, I find Becky's accent a bit grating sometimes, but I think she's one of the best in-ring competitors they have. Finn was unlucky with his injury keeping him out for so long and missing Mania, but clearly management sees potential in him as he's gotten booked strong since his return, which I'm really glad to see.
    2. We need a new tag team that will get over made up of 2 guys that are going nowhere on their own. Who do you choose?
    I know they are teasing it, but I'd love to see Tozawa and Crews teaming up again. I can't really think of any others that would go together well in my head, and wouldn't just look like a hastily slapped together team.
    3. Hottest diva?
    Alexa Bliss.

Advertisement