Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helmet as carry-on

• 12-06-2017 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭

The last time I bought in the UK, I had to pack my helmet in an oversized box (giggity) stuff it with packing and it went in the hold with the rest of the luggage.
    Have things changed, can I take it as carry-on, I've asked Ryanair, they said I could of airport security let me and if it fit in the overhead which I don't think it will.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,046 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It won't fit in the dimensions Ryanair define so you can't have it as carry on unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Yeah, have done it a few times. RyanAir, BA and Aer lingus.

Put it in a soft helmet bag, the draw string kind that comes with a new helmet and you'll be fine.

Air port security in Dublin, London, Berlin and Barcelona (IIRC) have no issue with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

wear it and tell them it's a religious thing

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Hodge32

I bought one in the NEC last November. i had no problems what so ever bringing it on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Did ye have to put the helmets into the overhead or where you allowed keep it with you. I like my helmet and Ive seen how some people throw bags in the overhead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Hodge32

I slipped mine on the floor under my legs so they couldn't see where it was. My wife wrapped hers in a couple of jackets and stored it over head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah bought a Guy Martin Replica AGV last year at the NEC and took it out of the box into the draw string and over the shoulder no probs, year before that I bought a Shark Evoline 2 and no probs either. I suppose if you get some **** on the day they can make life arkward for you but 99.9% of the time you will be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

hairyslug wrote: »
    Did ye have to put the helmets into the overhead or where you allowed keep it with you. I like my helmet and Ive seen how some people throw bags in the overhead.

My helmet is allways attached to me....,if it wasnt then Id be a tad worried..:D

Buy Yes,you can bring a crash helmet on board as hand luggage,you can put it on the floor between your legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Have carried helmets on loads of flights all over the world no problems.

Advertisement