Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good car wash in Limerick city?

• 12-06-2017 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone can recommend a good hand car wash in Limerick? Maybe who do mini vallets at reasonable cost too.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Topaz on the dock road , the one with the Supermacs, the lads there do a nice little mini valet and wash for 20euro or 25euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Anyone can recommend a good hand car wash in Limerick? Maybe who do mini vallets at reasonable cost too.

Cheers.

The lads there at super Macs on the Dock Road always do a good job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The guys at the back of the Maxol/Supermacs in Castletroy do a good job too (between Parkway and Groody roundabouts)

Not sure of the cost for valet, but a handwash is €7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,272 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you half care about your car's paintwork then any place that doesn't use a sponge to wash your car really. A sponge just collects the dirt and rubs it back into the paint damaging it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

bazz26 wrote: »
    If you half care about your car's paintwork then any place that doesn't use a sponge to wash your car really. A sponge just collects the dirt and rubs it back into the paint damaging it.

I know that, would like to find a decent place that knows at least not to use sponge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Best regular, non detailer style one I've used is at the fairgreen service station on mulgrave street. Think it's €7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

bazz26 wrote: »

Brush in the same bracket

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Best regular, non detailer style one I've used is at the fairgreen service station on mulgrave street. Think it's €7

I think I know the place and really not far from me.
    They okay, its hand wash, I dont expect fantastic job for 7 quid, but do theu at least use proper cleaning methods, or as rightfully said: bucket, brush and 2 year old sponge? There is a local fella to me who does proper valleting, ill go to him for proper clean up, but I need a place where I can have a quick decent wash on regular bases.

Cheers lads, I went today to fairgreen to get a quick wash and I am extremely happy with results. 8 quid and lads do very good fast job there.
    I will need to find a good place or a person who does good full vallet with proper products.

The soft cloth place next to the Volvo dealer on the Tipperary Road have a self service power wash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Self service power wash at Applegreen Coonagh too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I've this question in a couple of other threads but not got a satisfactory answer. I'm looking for a car wash in Limerick that does a lamb's wool hand wash. I don't want a power washer or brush anywhere near my car - both damage the paintwork in the long term. The lamb's wool puts an incredible shine on the car, its as if it's been washed AND waxed. And it's very kind to paint work.

I used to get a great basic lambs wool hand wash for €12 when I lived in Cork from these guys , or €25 for quick valet http://www.autofast.ie/valeting/
    But seemingly nowhere in Limerick provides this sort of service at these prices?!

Somebody mentioned MX Valeting to me, out Newcastle direction, but they're €60 for cheapest valet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

bazz26 wrote:

Use two sponges, one to lather and one to rinse.
    Chamois and, finally, buffing cloth. Cleaning a car is a simple procedure which can be done at home at least as effectively as any expensive carwash or valeting service.

I wash my own car so know how to do it, still wouldn't leave a spong near it no matter what way it can be used.

chicorytip wrote: »
    Use two sponges, one to lather and one to rinse.
    Chamois and, finally, buffing cloth. Cleaning a car is a simple procedure which can be done at home at least as effectively as any expensive carwash or valeting service.

Never ever use two sponges!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

MX Valeting have a 'detailed maintance wash' package: http://mxvaleting.ie/detailing/

It's a mobile service and if you drop the car off it costs less, give a ring and see is my best advice: 087-792 1904

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

MX Valeting have a 'detailed maintance wash' package: http://mxvaleting.ie/detailing/

It's a mobile service and if you drop the car off it costs less, give a ring and see is my best advice: 087-792 1904

It will be more than €30 going by that link. I just want a basic wash for under 20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

€25 mobile
    €20 at there location

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

€25 mobile
    €20 at there location

what about this T&C
    Price is for vehicles up to two years old that have been previously detailed by ourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Might be a bit late but I got a wash done in Paul's garage I think it's called it's in the corner of Bourke Avenue just off Edward Street. Went in just to get a basic wash cause I had the NCT, guy had a steam ex machine, had never seen one before but it's bloody brilliant, cat came up brilliant and because it was steam it was dry before I even left. He went around it with a soft cloth while using the machine, he also did the door and boot sills and gave the windows a spray as well. Just went in for a basic wash and was there for the bones of a half an hour. Was only €7, best value car wash in the city by a long stretch, will be back again and I'll be booking it in for a valet, he has a shelf full of Meguiars detailing products which is always a good sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

dcfc91 wrote: »
    Might be a bit late but I got a wash done in Paul's garage I think it's called it's in the corner of Bourke Avenue just off Edward Street. Went in just to get a basic wash cause I had the NCT, guy had a steam ex machine, had never seen one before but it's bloody brilliant, cat came up brilliant and because it was steam it was dry before I even left. He went around it with a soft cloth while using the machine, he also did the door and boot sills and gave the windows a spray as well. Just went in for a basic wash and was there for the bones of a half an hour. Was only €7, best value car wash in the city by a long stretch, will be back again and I'll be booking it in for a valet, he has a shelf full of Meguiars detailing products which is always a good sign.

Is that in the small housing estate opposite the polish supermarket?

dcfc91 wrote: »
    he has a shelf full of Meguiars detailing products which is always a good sign.

Is it?? There's much better products on the market than Meguiars tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I nearly fell and hit my head when someone said chamois. Please edit that post.

All I'm thinking is Colm Meaney in the Snapper.

Ah jaaaaaaysus!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Is that in the small housing estate opposite the polish supermarket?

That's the one, up in the corner.
    Mc Love wrote: »
    Is it?? There's much better products on the market than Meguiars tbf

I like Meguairs a fair bit myself so would be a bit biased but in all fairness I've Turtle Wax, Dealz stuff, supermarket stuff in other places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Sorry to re-open up this thread.

Been trying to find a good hand washed car center.

I saw Prestige car wash on Dock road but their prices are high for me.

Any other good priced washing centre? Preferably in the city centre.

Where exactly is this place?
    "Bourke Avenue just off Edward Street" can't find on Google maps. Would love to try this steam wash for my car.

[URL]
    https://goo.gl/maps/q3QP1633jP72[/URL]

13 Bourke Ave, Limerick
    https://goo.gl/maps/Q9TSuZncc912

Many thanks. I found it now.

Steamex Pauls Garage is the name.

Many thanks. I found it now.

Steamex Pauls Garage is the name.

Let us know how you got on. I brought mine in last week but had forgotten cash and didn't have time to get it and come back again.

Will go there sometime this week.

There is another steam cleaning available at car park of Strand hotel on ennis road. They charge tenner for a saloon wash.
    Let us know how you got on. I brought mine in last week but had forgotten cash and didn't have time to get it and come back again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

There is another steam cleaning available at car park of Strand hotel on ennis road. They charge tenner for a saloon wash.

O'Curry Street Garage also do steam cleaning. You need to make an appointment in advance.

Advertisement