Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HCK Alarm service

Options
  • 12-06-2017 3:18pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for recommendations in the Dublin city area for a company who services alarms.

I am looking to have my alarm serviced as it has been in 12 years, i also need a replacement keypad.

i have phoned 5 different places and left messages, no-one has got back to me.

can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

There is a list of installers here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748 that contribute in this forum.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

There is a list of installers here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748 that contribute in this forum.

Are they all HKC installers or do i just need to call them and find out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

The great thing about HKC is that the vast majority of installers know it inside out.
    Is your original installer not available?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

John Mason wrote: »

Very few installers don't know HKC gear.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

John Mason wrote: »

Do you mean you have a HKC system or the ones you contacted haven't come back to you because it's not a HKC system?.
    If it's 12 years old you might not be able to get a replacement keypad, but a good installer would be able to clean it up if the button contacts are worn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

12 years and still going strong, good going that but as can only be expected by HKC.
    Some installers might have a keypad in stock as well, ask them while you are ringing around.
    It is called a Securewatch keypad

Advertisement