Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Soundsystem - UK/Ireland Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fitzpar89

rubadub wrote: »
    There are credit card checks in place for this.

The exact same was said for radiohead in the 3 arena and none of the checks were carried out.

If they do enforce it it will be the people who bought tickets off touts that are affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

fitzpar89 wrote: »
    The exact same was said for radiohead in the 3 arena and none of the checks were carried out.

If they do enforce it it will be the people who bought tickets off touts that are affected.

not neccessarily. See my post above. Bought through my own ticketmaster account, with someone else's card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fitzpar89

I just rang the Olympia. They said to get the persons address and the last 4 digits of the card.

I doubt you will even need that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

budgemook wrote: »
    For example, it did not seem to be enforced at Radiohead.
    Some checks were done early on at radiohead. Stopped later.

No checks might happen, I am just pointing it out, seems many were unaware, I thought it was well known.
    D.Q wrote: »
    Even if he shows up with ID and his credit card, according to ticketmaster I can't get in. Has to be him.
    there is no mention of ID for this gig, if you have his CC you would get in. In this day & age you could get in even if the CC had a name of someone of the opposite sex -bouncers would be scared to question it.

For ed sheeran you needed a photocopy of the CC. I got box office replacement tickets before and needed a photocopy of the CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

OK .. so have one ticket for friday night. I can't make it and I have given it to a friend. I am gutted that I can't go, but delighted that my mate is thrilled that I am not going. You are telling me that they will be turned away ?

Is there anyway I can transfer this ticket to someone else's name?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

They were checking at Radiohead until the amount of people just became too many.

1200 people in Olympia is more manageable, but you're right probably be unlikely unless they get plenty of practice for the National gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Weepsie wrote: »
    They were checking at Radiohead until the amount of people just became too many.

1200 people in Olympia is more manageable, but you're right probably be unlikely unless they get plenty of practice for the National gigs
    Olympia didn't enforce it for Paramore or Niall Horan (despite threatening to), I very much doubt they will enforce it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No ticket talk, sales swaps anything like that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Just back from last Night's London gig. They were excellent. Anyone with a ticket this week is lucky I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I can't feckin wait...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Have never seen them live and going Thursday.

I feel like someone who's never seen Star Wars or The Godfather.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Excellent gig at Ally Pally. Only gripe I have is that it was almost impossible to get a drink, so annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Have never seen them live and going Thursday.

I feel like someone who's never seen Star Wars or The Godfather.

A social outcast?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Oisin1001

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

You beauty, thanks for the heads up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

YES. Wednesday ticket!

Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Oisin1001 wrote: »

Nice one! Got 2 for thursday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Looks like they're all gone again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Im sitting in the upper tier where the seating is unreserved. Looking to get down early and get some good seats, any idea what time I should get down and queue for

Im sitting in the upper tier where the seating is unreserved. Looking to get down early and get some good seats, any idea what time I should get down and queue for
    Usually 7 when they open the doors

Actually feel sick at the thought I might not be able to get in, having bought a legitimate ticket, through my official ticketmaster account, with someone else's card.

So ****ing annoying. I know it's my own fault for not looking at all the t&c's but it was such a rush to actually get them I didn't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Actually feel sick at the thought I might not be able to get in, having bought a legitimate ticket, through my official ticketmaster account, with someone else's card.

So ****ing annoying. I know it's my own fault for not looking at all the t&c's but it was such a rush to actually get them I didn't think.

If you've the app on your phone, there's a purchase history section - surely showing them logged in with your account and the tickets there you should be fine!

I guarantee they won't bother checking ID, Olympia never do.
    If the ticket scans as valid you are in

I would bring a photocopy of their card if possible, or just take a photo of it, I think someone reported earlier you might just need the last few numbers. Probably will get in either way but you would be kicking yourself if you lost out.

I am guessing if someone let you use their card they would be willing to give you a photo.

These are posts about Kasabian in the olympia earlier this year
    How did the ticket thing work out? were there many delays, and how did seat assigning for the circle work?
    I got in about 8:55 and the guy at the door asked me for the card along with my confirmation letter. Then just had to give some lad my card and he swiped it (although it took 2 tries)
    lc180 wrote: »
    They checked my confirmation email and swiped my card, they printed two mini paper tickets with your row/seat numbers on them.
    Zwillinge wrote: »
    The paperless thing was painless anyone. Doorman looked at confirmation email and card with name.

Ticket taker just swiped the card on their gizmo and that was it. Have some hope now for Maiden :)

I certainly not saying they will definitely be checking tickets, or that it is even likely, but saying they "never do" is incorrect.

Just gonna bring photo Id , ticketmaster log in, and a photocopy of my mates card, and his address. Hopefully will be OK.

He's off on holidays the next day so can't take his actual card.

Perfect storm of inconvenience.

These are posts about Kasabian in the olympia earlier this year

I certainly not saying they will definitely be checking tickets, or that it is even likely, but saying they "never do" is incorrect.

That gig was paperless, this one isnt. Makes all the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

If the ticket scans as valid you are in

There were no ID checks in London or Manchester and those tickets were hard copies .
    99% chance they wont be checking ID or cards in Dublin .
    Its completely pointless implementing ID checks and having E tickets I may add ,I don't understand why they dont just use credit card entry .

Advertisement