Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Soundsystem - UK/Ireland Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Zardoz wrote: »
    There were no ID checks in London or Manchester and those tickets were hard copies .
    99% chance they wont be checking ID or cards in Dublin .
    Its completely pointless implementing ID checks and having E tickets I may add ,I don't understand why they dont just use credit card entry .
    They were actually checking for ID in London. Guy who bought our tickets had his passport checked against name on tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    Zardoz wrote: »
    There were no ID checks in London or Manchester and those tickets were hard copies .
    99% chance they wont be checking ID or cards in Dublin .
    Its completely pointless implementing ID checks and having E tickets I may add ,I don't understand why they dont just use credit card entry .
    They were actually checking for ID in London. Guy who bought our tickets had his passport checked against name on tickets

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So is this like a gig, gig or more a festival gig?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Any indication of stage times or is there a support act?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Support act.

Sh*t Robot is supporting for these gigs btw:

DIpVqYXXYAElama.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Yeah, I'd love to get an idea of stage times too. Not used to getting out gigging :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

My guess would be that LCD will be on stage sometime between 9.00pm and 9.15pm and will finish at 11pm?

I am going Thursday and I may only be able to get there just before 9pm. So if the Wednesday attendees can remember to check their watch when they come on stage - that would be great! I know I always say I will check myself when bands start and then in the excitement of the opening track...I always forget :D

I probably should've just checked the Olympia site first:

Standing shows approximate times
    Doors open - 7pm
    Support act - 8pm
    Main act - 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Standing shows approximate times
    Doors open - 7pm
    Support act - 8pm
    Main act - 9pm

Good work

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Got to see them the first night in Copenhagen and will be seeing them on Friday.

As I'm sure we've all heard the superlatives but they were spectacular. In a year where I have been lucky to attend some of the most astounding gigs ever [Radiohead, Metronomy @ Glasto], it is saying something. Roll on Friday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

So annoyed I missed the second release of tickets, had been checking Ticketmaster every couple of days for the last few weeks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Got pair of thursday standing tickets, looking for swap for friday standing. Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Question in regards to the Olympia - if I queue up early to get a pit pass can I leave the venue and come back later once I get the band?

Looks like I should've really, really checked the Olympia site first: http://www.olympia.ie/whats-on/lcd-soundsystem/

Approximate stage times as follows: doors open 7pm, special guests **** ROBOT (DJ SET) on from 7pm. LCD Soundsystem due on stage around 9pm or so. Please note, times are subject to change as always and should be used as a guideline only.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

PeterTwo wrote: »
    Question in regards to the Olympia - if I queue up early to get a pit pass can I leave the venue and come back later once I get the band?

There's a pit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there's a barriered off bit at the front for lots of (all?) gigs there. I've had wristband for a few gigs before and just been able to go to the bar/outside/toilets and slip in up the front later.

not sure about leaving the venue and re-entering later as I presume your ticket is already scanned.

just announced that Sh*t Robot is DJing after the Thursday gig in Tengu (entrance on the alley behind the Grand Social).
    I wonder if any of the band might show up too?

https://www.facebook.com/events/1473354152742693/

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

there's a barriered off bit at the front for lots of (all?) gigs there. I've had wristband for a few gigs before and just been able to  go to the bar/outside/toilets and slip in up the front later.

not sure about leaving the venue and re-entering later as I presume your ticket is already scanned.
    Heading in early aswell to try get wristband. what time you reckon you would have to be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

just announced that Sh*t Robot is DJing after the Thursday gig in Tengu (entrance on the alley behind the Grand Social).
    I wonder if any of the band might show up too?

https://www.facebook.com/events/1473354152742693/
    Cool thanks. Was looking for something for after the gig. This is perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Gerald Jago

So annoyed I missed the second release of tickets, had been checking Ticketmaster every couple of days for the last few weeks :rolleyes:

We'll. Get them. Post up here is you see any going up... ☺ ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

Raging I missed the second release! Been checking on TM multiple times a day too just incase. Long shot but if anyone hears of any tickets for Friday please keep me in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads there's no mention of card number on my ticket, how will they check that my card is the same one that the tickets were bought with?

We'll. Get them. Post up here is you see any going up... ☺ ðŸ»

Ended up getting one on Toutless I'm delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Ended up getting one on Toutless I'm delighted

Be caresefil getting in, it should be tied to credit card !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Do we need ID for this or just the card? A lot of people have been saying they'll check for ID but it only mentions the card here: http://www.olympia.ie/whats-on/lcd-soundsystem/

I'd prefer not to bring my passport if possible and it's my only ID.

s8n wrote: »
    Be caresefil getting in, it should be tied to credit card !!

Yeah I'm walking in with the person selling the ticket anyway so it's no bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Yeah I'm walking in with the person selling the ticket anyway so it's no bother!

Thought toutless weren't allowing sales for this gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

No one was asked for a credit card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

budgemook wrote: »
    Thought toutless weren't allowing sales for this gig?

they finally copped on and have a restricted ticket forum

https://www.toutless.com/viewforum.php?f=22

Advertisement