Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Soundsystem - UK/Ireland Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

ShaneU wrote: »
    No one was asked for a credit card

Yessss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Mr.S wrote: »
    I honestly don't understand why they bother saying credit card booker must attend / will be checked etc.

It's to deter touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

They started at 9pm exactly tonight according to folk on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

Thanks to padraigh.od on here for a tip off that a reddit user was selling for Friday night - I’m sorted :)

They are going in though at 4:30/5 and I will have to go in with her and her friend, it’s a bit early. Anyone know if one can leave and re-enter? I’d like to go meet some friends, grab a bite and a pint somewhere and then go back in at around 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

They are going in though at 4:30/5
    The doors don't open till 7pm, Doesn't sound like olympia are checking either. Are you sure you understood them right, sounds like they might not be aware of the potential ticket check thing, and want to meet you early to get the ticket sold, done & dusted and they head off to eat or go to another pub.

Unless they plan on queueing to get at the front or something. In which case I would ask bouncers if you can head off, acting like you know the girls just to be sure.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    The doors don't open till 7pm, Doesn't sound like olympia are checking either. Are you sure you understood them right, sounds like they might not be aware of the potential ticket check thing, and want to meet you early to get the ticket sold, done & dusted and they head off to eat or go to another pub.

Unless they plan on queueing to get at the front or something. In which case I would ask bouncers if you can head off, acting like you know the girls just to be sure.

Oh yeah, of course, forgot that. Thanks. Too late to text now but I’ll text her tomorrow to clarify. Herself and her friend are going to the gig themselves. Must clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Some super reports from mate's there tonight.

No sign of a setlist yet.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/lcd-soundsystem/2017/olympia-theatre-dublin-ireland-23e2480b.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Good performance, iffy crowd though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Good performance, iffy crowd though.

How do you mean iffy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

D.Q wrote: »
    How do you mean iffy?

A combination of things. Several people watching the majority of the gig through their phone as well as several aggressive pillheads. I moved a few times but kept encountering muppets wherever I went. One guy kicked my leg because he was trying to move in front of me while carrying pints. Just generally not a nice vibe from the sections I was in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Dear sweet baby Jebus.

When they do a set and skip daft punk and you don’t care..... that right there is a sign of a great show

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Dear sweet baby Jesus.

When they do a set and skip daft punk and you don’t care..... that is a sign of a great show

They haven't played Daft Punk for 9 gigs now

Snarky Snark Snark

ShaneU wrote: »
    They haven't played Daft Punk for 9 gigs now

I’m not a massive set list checker, was expecting at some point to scream me head off to it, I do not feel short changed

And of the new stuff? What did they get through?

DPIPIMH not being played is a boon. Hopefully same applies on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

And of the new stuff? What did they get through?

Interested in this too - hoping they play oh baby on Thursday, but since they haven’t played it live yet, it’s probably unlikely.....unless they played it tonight...

I saw they played Losing my Edge tonight - would be happier hearing that over Daft Punk

Snarky Snark Snark

christ i'm still sticky, was sweating like jimmy savile in a barney costume

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

That was an amazing gig. I was up in the upper circle and the whole place was dancing the whole time.
    I'm not sure about the iffy crowd but from where I was sit was amazing.

Interested in this too - hoping they play oh baby on Thursday, but since they haven’t played it live yet, it’s probably unlikely.....unless they played it tonight...

I saw they played Losing my Edge tonight - would be happier hearing that over Daft Punk

Yeah i think they're not likely to play it.

If they played oh baby or how do you sleep the place would be destroyed.

I sometimes think they have no idea what they have on their hands sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Great gig tonight, I would agree the crowd was a bit strange, I don't think there was any support act? I was in the bar!
    Started just after 9 and was finished at 11,
    The set list was very similar to the London gig listed in this irish times article,

No check on the door, the bouncer asked my gf I assume that is you when he checked the name on the ticket, she just said yes and that was it!

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/lcd-soundsystem-at-the-olympia-everything-you-need-to-know-1.3230241?mode=amp

Finishing with Dance yrself clean and All my friends was epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

rubadub wrote: »
    they finally copped on

I'd love to explain why this comment feels ill informed to me but this isn't the place for it. If you care ask me over on Toutless.

As it happened.. I walked in with my tickets and no request for cards or ID. I can't make any reliable prediction if this will be the same for the next couple of gigs or not and anyone making a claim based on their own tiny sample size would also be wrong to do so.

Great gig with two solid hours without any let up. My only complaint is the sound was pushed to distortion leaving Murphy's vocals muddyfor a lot of it. The Tripod gig had some of the clearest sound I had heard and there is just no comparison. Still great to see them again and I'd go again if I could in a heartbeat. Next couple of days are in for a treat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Fantastic gig, loved every minute of it. I just managed to get a ticket for the upper circle, but it was actually great - stage view was grand when I was standing, and right next to the toilets too which is always handy.

Crowd was great where I was. Fella behind me was being a bit obnoxious and roaring ****e and had his poor friends heart broke beside him, telling him constantly to shut the fucc up haha.

Nice mix of old and new stuff. The tracks off American Dream are immense live, really enjoyed them. Dancing my heart out to Dance Yrself Clean and All My Friends will stay with me for a long time. I'd been considering selling my ticket the past few days because I've been feeling unwell, but delighted that I pushed through and went!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

That was an amazing gig. I was up in the upper circle and the whole place was dancing the whole time.
    I'm not sure about the iffy crowd but from where I was sit was amazing.

I was there too - thought the atmosphere in the Upper Circle was wonderful. My ears are ringing now as much from the crowd as the band.
    Terrific gig. Hearing 'Losing My Edge' was a highlight. A show of many highlights. The band are amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Can't wait for tonight now reading all the posts. Never seen them live before.

Ears are still ringing this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ya, sound was mental. Haven't had ringing this bad in a long time.
    Amazing gig though. Movement and Losing my Edge were the highlights for me.

No real surprises. Pretty disappointed in that regard that the setlist hasn't changed much since the first gig on September 7th.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/lcd-soundsystem/2017/olympia-theatre-dublin-ireland-23e2480b.html

Ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭alwayswright

Brilliant gig. Had no issues with the crowd at all.

Lots of my favourites not on that set list :( oh well, not all about me I guess ;)

No real surprises. Pretty disappointed in that regard that the setlist hasn't changed much since the first gig on September 7th.

Ah well!

When the songs are that strong and played so well, it makes no difference. Would love to have heard 'Yr City's a Sucker' last night but was having so much fun that I only realised they didn't play it on my way home in the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

Were there pit passes? What time would people recommend getting there on Friday if we want to get a good spot close to the front?

Advertisement