Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Soundsystem - UK/Ireland Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

We got there at 7:40 and the pit passes were already gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Fantastic gig, loved every minute of it. I just managed to get a ticket for the upper circle, but it was actually great - stage view was grand when I was standing, and right next to the toilets too which is always handy.

Crowd was great where I was. Fella behind me was being a bit obnoxious and roaring ****e and had his poor friends heart broke beside him, telling him constantly to shut the fucc up haha.

Nice mix of old and new stuff. The tracks off American Dream are immense live, really enjoyed them. Dancing my heart out to Dance Yrself Clean and All My Friends will stay with me for a long time. I'd been considering selling my ticket the past few days because I've been feeling unwell, but delighted that I pushed through and went!

HA! That chap was a f8cking moron. I was behind him. Eckied out of his mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

For people who were in the upper circle, what time would you recommemd getting there to hopefully get the front row up there. I'm short so afraid i wont see anything :(

dmm82 wrote: »
    For people who were in the upper circle, what time would you recommemd getting there to hopefully get the front row up there. I'm short so afraid i wont see anything :(

Front row you can't stand, so yer looking through the barrier. I think it was free until 8.30pm though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

mosstin wrote: »
    When the songs are that strong and played so well, it makes no difference. Would love to have heard 'Yr City's a Sucker' last night but was having so much fun that I only realised they didn't play it on my way home in the car.

I only say it from the POV of someone who's seen them already on this tour. Pure selfish.

Roll on tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Incredible gig, took a few songs for the crowd to come alive but from Tribulations onwards it was just immense.... Nearly cried when they played Losing My Edge, a real treat.

Big shout out to shít Robot for telling them to play the Olympia, my fav live band in my fav live venue.

Yer wan Gavin was looking well. :-)

Big shout out to shít Robot for telling them to play the Olympia, my fav live band in my fav live venue.

Que?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

They've never played the Olympia before and Shít Robot has been bugging them for 10 years to play there.

They've never played the Olympia before and Shít Robot has been bugging them for 10 years to play there.

Aye. Knew about the first.

Didn't know about the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

usually when established bands come around I'm hoping that they play less of their new album, and more old stuff, but it's the opposite with LCD this time.
    would love to hear Oh Baby, Other Voices and How Do You Sleep. could live with Movement, Tribulations or Yeah being dropped at this stage.
    don't imagine How Do You Sleep will ever be played live though given the subject matter.

• Advertisement

usually when established bands come around I'm hoping that they play less of their new album, and more old stuff, but it's the opposite with LCD this time.
    would love to hear Oh Baby, Other Voices and How Do You Sleep. could live with Movement, Tribulations or Yeah being dropped at this stage.
    don't imagine How Do You Sleep will ever be played live though given the subject matter.

Then why make it such a banger?

The themes therein are hardly groundbreaking to their audience. Woudln't really cause a kerfuffle at an LCD gig.

I agree with your sentiment about wanting new stuff. I'm the same as our all my mates. It's actually rankling with us.

---

It doesn't take away what will be a stunning evening though.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Wooderson wrote: »
    HA! That chap was a f8cking moron. I was behind him. Eckied out of his mind.

We were next to that lad, lunatic, no idea what he was shouting but it was abuse of some sort at James Murphy, tried to ignore him as best i could.

Unreal gig, I wish I was going both tonight and tomorrow as well. I actually think the upper circle was a great spot, was annoyed we were up there initially but it definitely worked out. Other than the loon already mentioned the crowd was great up there and no hassle whatsoever. I think everyone up there was buzzing with excitement from the first bar of the opening track.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

Seen queen's of the stone age there a few years ago, and my ears were ringing for days after it. That's not fun.

So Us V Them, Sucker, NY are bankers for later on. **thumbs**

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Lcd soundsystem are my favourite band by a mile and I can honestly say that's the best I've seen them. I was in the circle and it was fantastic, everyone stood up straight away when they came out. The sound was fantastic and they are so professional at what they do. James was in great form, very funny.
    Highlights were, Trials and Tribulations, Yeah yeah yeah, Losing my edge (probably my favourite song anyway), Home, the new one 'tonight' (was excellent) and the obvious finishing songs.
    I want to go again ha, it's the best gig I've ever been at and I go to a hell of a lot. If you're going, get up and dance and lose yourself to them, you'll have a ball!

We were next to that lad, lunatic, no idea what he was shouting but it was abuse of some sort at James Murphy, tried to ignore him as best i could.

Unreal gig, I wish I was going both tonight and tomorrow as well. I actually think the upper circle was a great spot, was annoyed we were up there initially but it definitely worked out. Other than the loon already mentioned the crowd was great up there and no hassle whatsoever. I think everyone up there was buzzing with excitement from the first bar of the opening track.

HA!! He was an absolute d1ckhead, yes. Sweaty mess. Dunno if it was your bf directly beside him, but big respect to his calmness and patience...

That loon ruined "Dance Yrself Clean" for him, poor kid.

Anyone have video towards the end - did JM ask Pat whether they should play "Beat Connection"? Theyve not given that a whirl in over a decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Also, up in the circle and there was 3 seats next to me unused, twas great for me as I had more dancing room. Haven't sweated like that since the mid nineties.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Wooderson wrote: »
    Anyone have video towards the end - did JM ask Pat whether they should play "Beat Connection"? Theyve not given that a whirl in over a decade.

Nah, after Losing My Edge he said that they're gonna play a few new songs, but then noted that aside from Beat Connection, everything else is a new song compared to Losing My Edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

What's the deal with that tune? Haven't read up on the album via his interviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

What's the deal with that tune? Haven't read up on the album via his interviews.
    I don't think he's discussed it, but it's clearly directed at Tim Goldsworthy who was a friend and co-founder of DFA Records, and who had a falling out with the rest of them in DFA, and upped and left NYC pretty abruptly one day and went back to the UK ("Standing on the shore, facing east"). they say he misused company money and credit cards, and stole some gear from the DFA studio too ("Whatever fits in your pockets; you'll get your due").

I'd recommend the book Meet Me In The Bathroom that was released earlier this year. It's all about that New York music scene in the early 00s. mostly about the Strokes, Interpol, Yeah Yeah Yeahs etc, but there's a good few chapters about Murphy/DFA, as well as stuff about The National, Vampire Weekend, TV on the Radio and all those type of acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I don't think he's discussed it, but it's clearly directed at Tim Goldsworthy who was a friend and co-founder of DFA Records, and who had a falling out with the rest of them in DFA, and upped and left NYC pretty abruptly one day and went back to the UK ("Standing on the shore, facing east"). they say he misused company money and credit cards, and stole some gear from the DFA studio too ("Whatever fits in your pockets; you'll get your due").

I'd recommend the book Meet Me In The Bathroom that was released earlier this year. It's all about that New York music scene in the early 00s. mostly about the Strokes, Interpol, Yeah Yeah Yeahs etc, but there's a good few chapters about Murphy/DFA, as well as stuff about The National, Vampire Weekend, TV on the Radio and all those type of acts.

Wondered if it was about him but I don't think it's enough to say he wouldn't play the song live. Read the book and seen the DFA documentary about it'#s last days a few years ago. They did a lot of bitching/joking in that doc that James was never ever around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Have a sewting ticket for the circle tomorrow night, can I expect to be dancing or will the crowd be actually Sitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Absolutely Killer gig!
    Definitely in my top 5 of all time favorite gigs, and I have been to many. Perfect set list, incredible sound, electric atmosphere, great crowd. Literally did not stop dancing... I'm still buzzing from it!!!!!

Anyone going tonight or tomorrow night are in for such a treat.
    I'm tempted to go and hang out at the door of the Olympia tonight on the off chance that someone might be selling a spare ticket...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

Anyone there for 7pm or earlier last night? Was there a queue when they opened?

Have a sewting ticket for the circle tomorrow night, can I expect to be dancing or will the crowd be actually Sitting?

Front row have to remain seated and security will enforce this. Everyone else standing for the whole show.

Goldigga wrote: »
    Anyone there for 7pm or earlier last night? Was there a queue when they opened?

I walked past just before 7 and the queue was filtering in.

emo72 wrote: »
    Seen queen's of the stone age there a few years ago, and my ears were ringing for days after it. That's not fun.

That's in my all-time top 10 of gigs. It was UNREAL!!!

Hearing "The Bronze" live was special.

---

I'm getting giddy now tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Was there anyone selling tickets outside by any chance? Not touts but genuine people selling a spare ticket? I’m going but a mate is desperate to go and missed out on the tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Reading some of these reactions, I'm kind of sad now I gave up my Friday standing ticket to one of me mates...

Oh well, at least I'll get to watch the Late Late /s

Advertisement