Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Soundsystem - UK/Ireland Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Shlippery wrote: »
    New York ...I love you.

The one LCD song I don't like and they always play it at any gig of theirs I've been to, 5 now I think! I think they just play it before encore cause it gives James an extra few minutes of a break!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    The one LCD song I don't like and they always play it at any gig of theirs I've been to, 5 now I think! I think they just play it before encore cause it gives James an extra few minutes of a break!

Probably one of my favourites....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

No North American scum. No losing my edge. Ah well, I'll have to go to the next tour I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Was so sure they were gonna play a new tune at the end but got NY I Love You....not complaining but still....

What a show otherwise, Us v Them AND Get Innocuous?! What a show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

First time seeing them, what a show. Never realised what a beautiful vocalist James Murphy is - if that word can be used - he is seriously underrated.

A fair few tw*ts in the crowd, none of them millennials. Particular shout out to the David McWilliams lookalike in Row G Circle doing the David Byrne head slams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Amirani wrote: »
    Seeing them tomorrow, fairly sure I've never been looking forward to a gig as much.

Always like them, but saw them at EP last year and they blew my mind. This venue should be better and they've loads of great new tracks to throw in. Work tomorrow is going to consist of me sitting at my desk, headphones in ears, blaring song after song all day!!

Pretty similar to myself. That was something special last year at EP. Especially when "Someone Great" landed.

I can't wait for tomorrow so so much.

Wildsurfer wrote: »

Absolute same as yourself with NYILY.

Raging that they ended Thursday with it.

Hoping Friday goes down a different road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah New York I love you is definitely my least favourite song of theirs too. Hopefully they don't finish with it tonight. Was set list last night similar to the Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Wednesday nights setlist would do me.. Covers all the songs I wanna see played so fingers crossed for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

What a gig. Still buzzing this morning. Olympia was perfect for it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Yeah New York I love you is definitely my least favourite song of theirs too. Hopefully they don't finish with it tonight. Was set list last night similar to the Wednesday?

It was a bonus track at the very end. It wouldn't be my favourite either but I was delighted to get another song out of them

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

As said above - New York I Love You was a bonus track seemingly. I really like that song so I was happy out that they played it!

The whole gig was excellent and just kept getting better as it went along. Nice little chic cover whilst James went for a piss and then the encore was just brilliant.

One of my favourite gigs in a year or two I'd say and I was refusing to let myself get too excited about it in advance as the new album hasn't fully gained my love yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Unbelievably excited for tonight now, work is going to drag today!!
    Did anyone make it into the **** Robot afterparty in Tengu lastnight? I'm wondering did any of the LCD gang make an appearance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Tabby McTat

What a banging gig. Tribulations, Dance Yrself Clean and All My Friends were particular highlights but the whole thing was excellent. They've still got it. If you're going tonight you're in for a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

well that was immense. I think i sweated out half my bodyweight through dancing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

mdiggity wrote: »
    Did anybody notice anybody selling tickets outside by any chance?
    there were 2 guys going up and down the line outside before asking for spares and both of them were inside later, so must have been a few who had unwanted tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

What time do people think I should start queuing tonight for a pit pass? Verr verr excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭highnc

fantasic gig last night; wish I was going again tonight. great energy from start to finish and we got NY as a bonus as they were ahead of time...not many bands would do that!

Us v Them, Tonite, Yr City's a Sucker, Dance Yrself Clean & All My Friends were my highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

That was astonishingly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

dia squish wrote: »
    What time do people think I should start queuing tonight for a pit pass? Verr verr excited.

We got there about 6.45 and we were near top of queue. Well worth it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I was wondering were we gonna get "Never As Tired" at the end there...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Probably a long shot but I have one ticket to the circle and one standing and would like to swap with someone so I can be together with my girlfriend. Anyone in a similar predicament feel like swapping? Alternatively is there anyway we could get into the same section?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Anyone else's ears bleeding?

Last night was loud!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Where’s the aftershow? Heard the Globe was good on Wednesday night

dmm82 wrote: »
    Unbelievably excited for tonight now, work is going to drag today!!
    Did anyone make it into the **** Robot afterparty in Tengu lastnight? I'm wondering did any of the LCD gang make an appearance :)

Aye. I was there. But no sign of Jimmy Jams and the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Was there Thursday. Gutted Losing My Edge not played but thankful they went out with All My Friends instead of NYILY.

Thursday's setlist snatched after the gig:

429287.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Probably a long shot but I have one ticket to the circle and one standing and would like to swap with someone so I can be together with my girlfriend. Anyone in a similar predicament feel like swapping? Alternatively is there anyway we could get into the same section?

Probably a long shot but pm sent

Aye. I was there. But no sign of Jimmy Jams and the band.

Just met the lads there for a pint. And one of the girls said that he was in Tengu.

It wasn't that busy last night say like it is for a Melodic gig so he would have been easily spotted. Then again I left about 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

BEST GIG EVER!!!!

Too many highlights to mention but Daft Punk is playing in my House edged it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

If anyone hears of a post-gig party that the band may be showing up to, please post here!

That was probably the best gig ever.

Advertisement