Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Soundsystem - UK/Ireland Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Wonder will they announce another date??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

For small gigs like these, you're only talking about like 1500 people nationwide getting online at 9 on the dot to try and get tickets at 9. Not to mention the possibility of some tickets being reserved for paper sales. It's well within the realms of imagination that these did sell out that fast. No need for tinfoil hatting just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

2 tickets in the basket, went through 2 screens to pay. An error occurred.

**** it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Ah balls. No luck. Enjoy!

budgemook wrote: »
    2 tickets in the basket, went through 2 screens to pay. An error occurred.

**** it.

Happened me too. Im sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Out of 12 of us trying only 2 got through....4 seated and 4 standing for the friday. To say im excited would be an understatement!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

andreac wrote: »
    Wonder will they announce another date??

They did for London when it sold out. The Olympia already has a booking for the Saturday night so it'll either another venue or the Monday/Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Was feeling slightly disappointed at only getting upper circle for Thursday..
    When I see the number of folk who missed out, now counting my blessings.

Sorry for all who didn't get sorted..

SachaJ wrote: »
    They did for London when it sold out. The Olympia already has a booking for the Saturday night so it'll either another venue or the Monday/Tuesday

Oh fingers crossed. Wouldn't care what day to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Single tickets for circle and upper circle are still on sale, just bagged one

Edit: For Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Got 3 standing for the Thursday thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Got restricted view. Didn't bother going through with the purchase. Can't justify paying 60 quid if I can't even see the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭weser777

row A of the circle for Wednesday sorted!! buzzing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

carq wrote: »
    Bit of a joke a band of that stature playing such a small venue, great for the select few but leaves a lot af fans dissapointed

Us fans over estimate their widespread popularity. The like of the 3 arena would have been a disaster. The only choices are Olympia and Vicar St and Vicar st has a slightly smaller capacity.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Had 2 circle seats. Card expired on TM account, wouldn't update it. Lost them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Beyond fed up of ticketmaster at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Tried for 20 mins and no luck. Then I tried to buy individual tickets for the Friday at 9.20 and it worked, managed to get two in the circle. Keep trying folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Us fans over estimate their widespread popularity. The like of the 3 arena would have been a disaster.

Plus it's a rubbish venue. Olympia is the best choice for them, irregardless of how disappointed those of us who didn't get tickets might be. Wouldn't have bothered going if they were in the 3 arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Myself and GF had no luck, but thankfully she checked Alex Palace in London and got a pair of standing tickets for the Saturday night show there. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

L'prof wrote: »
    Beyond fed up of ticketmaster at this stage

in what respect?

the demand far outweighed the supply.
    not much ticketmaster can do about that.

• Advertisement

Peter File wrote: »
    seatwave won't be selling tickets.

How come? Just out of interest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    How come? Just out of interest

There is a restriction on entry based on card used to buy the tickets so a secondary site can't guarantee that the rule wont be enforced

Peter File wrote: »
    There is a restriction on entry based on card used to buy the tickets so a secondary site can't guarantee that the rule wont be enforced

Oh brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

in what respect?

the demand far outweighed the supply.
    not much ticketmaster can do about that.

I can't speak for that poster but I had two problems this morning.

1. Shortly after the countdown I got an error.
    2. Had 2 tickets for Wednesday but got an error when I tried to pay.

Hopefully it'll be like Radiohead and people will trade/sell tickets on here when people can't make it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Got 4 standing for the Wednesday!!

For future purchases, the Ticketmaster app (I'm using it on iphone) is awesome! I've never missed getting tickets with it yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I got 2 for Wednesday. Thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

budgemook wrote: »
    I can't speak for that poster but I had two problems this morning.

1. Shortly after the countdown I got an error.
    2. Had 2 tickets for Wednesday but got an error when I tried to pay.

Hopefully it'll be like Radiohead and people will trade/sell tickets on here when people can't make it.

Completely agree with the original poster that the demand outweighed the supply but I had the laptop open and site on my phone. Refreshed both at literally 9:00:00 and both received 'No tickets available'

Atleast give me some hope! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

Third time in a row I've failed to get tickets when I've been online as soon as the tickets were released. Fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

Just keep trying folks. I wouldn't have multiple browser windows open though. Just 1 on desktop and the app. Don't know how people post here at 9:02 saying it's sold out. I would just keep trying. You'll eventually get some. I have never missed out for a gig I wanted. You just have to keep trying on both devices constantly. It's 9:45 now though but there is still a chance. I got Pitch 2 for U2 at 10:30 after everyone thought it was sold out.

I think people give up to early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Zarkandar

Wheety wrote: »
    Just keep trying folks. I wouldn't have multiple browser windows open though. Just 1 on desktop and the app. Don't know how people post here at 9:02 saying it's sold out. I would just keep trying. You'll eventually get some. I have never missed out for a gig I wanted. You just have to keep trying on both devices constantly. It's 9:45 now though but there is still a chance. I got Pitch 2 for U2 at 10:30 after everyone thought it was sold out.

I think people give up to early.

Big time, TM just sent me an email to say there may still be some LCD tickets left, you'd probably need to be searching for 1 ticket at a time

Advertisement