Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Soundsystem - UK/Ireland Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

dmm82 wrote: »
    Why will toutless not be selling them?

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26460

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

dmm82 wrote: »
    Why will toutless not be selling them?

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26460

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

It would have been crap. And too big for them in Dublin

Got to be kidding me. They played a stormer headlining Ep last year. 3 arena would've been unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

So, for people who did actually get them - Was it web? App? - did you have multiple browsers? Is there tricks? (like the www1)

This is the first time I've never gotten a ticket and I'm just wondering have things changed or is it luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

So, for people who did actually get them - Was it web? App? - did you have multiple browsers? Is there tricks? (like the www1)

This is the first time I've never gotten a ticket and I'm just wondering have things changed or is it luck?

I got tickets on the Wednesday, so probably the least attractive of the 3 nights;

I had 3 browsers open on 2 separate PC's.
    Refreshed the pages just after 9am and the first browser popped up straight away with the options to buy tickets.
    Process was simple from there and I didnt need the other 2 sessions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Don't like 3 arena myself. Too inconsistent Soundwise and a little too spacious. I do like Olympia but if you get a wrong seat it's crap.

Anyway, caved and bought 3 for the Saturday in London. Same price as 2 in Dublin. You could have had 4 in Manchester for the same price again.

Flights and tickets together only 125 and we have a place to stay. Saturday night in London should beat a Wednesday in Dublin bar the outrageous prices and sh!te beer over there that'll be on offer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

So, for people who did actually get them - Was it web? App? - did you have multiple browsers? Is there tricks? (like the www1

No tricks. Just the app on iPhone at 9am sharp (and I was using a vpn cos I'm away with work)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

in what respect?

the demand far outweighed the supply.
    not much ticketmaster can do about that.

In general and not necessarily today: website crashes, infuriating captchkas, redirects to card protection pages that resulted in website timing out and losing standing tickets to another gig, tickets instantly being sold at a premium on their sister touting site Seatwave. I just think it could be so much better!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

I had chrome and safari open and just let the timer run down and got offers of 4 standing in one and 4 seats in the other, both for the Thursday night - went with the seats in the end.

But every other person I know who tried, got nothing. It really is the luck of the queuing system and when the timer runs down.

Used to be that you could time a page refresh 2 seconds before 9am and if you were quick enough in filling out the number of tickets and location, you could get tickets to anything. I nearly always got in the first 3 circle rows in the Olympia for any show I was trying with that technique, but the new system makes it that much harder.

The point is definitely not too big for them, the place would have been hopping if they had played there. But most would agree, an act this popular playing the Olympia is pretty special

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I had it open on browser on pc and browser (chrome) on phone. Ended up working for me on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

ConorGM21 wrote: »
    With Toutless not selling them, where else is a fairly reliable place to try and get secondary tickets?

I'm a big believer in ticketswap as well:

https://www.ticketswap.ie/event/lcd-soundsystem/6e0b2a2c-950c-4597-9079-cbb1d466b1c8

https://www.ticketswap.ie/event/lcd-soundsystem/b4919429-d222-4894-a832-e59880d125cd

https://www.ticketswap.ie/event/lcd-soundsystem/147b5cd9-c547-44ad-b8ce-bafebde7f5f7
    budgemook wrote: »
    I don't think it would have been crap or too big.

I disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

wow someone aiming for the stars here , looking to swap 2 upper circle for standing :)

http://www.adverts.ie/concerts-festivals/lcd-soundsystem-thursday/13437424

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

peteeeed wrote: »
    wow someone aiming for the stars here , looking to swap 2 upper circle for standing :)

http://www.adverts.ie/concerts-festivals/lcd-soundsystem-thursday/13437424

Good luck with getting that swap

SachaJ wrote: »
    They were good at EP last year and that was a big enough venue.....
    Got to be kidding me. They played a stormer headlining Ep last year. 3 arena would've been unreal.

Did you actually see the crowd that was at them at EP?

They were incredible! Definite an all-time gig highlight for me, but seriously... the crowd wasn't heaving by any stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Did you actually see the crowd that was at them at EP?

They were incredible! Definite an all-time gig highlight for me, but seriously... the crowd wasn't heaving by any stretch.

Also that is a festival crowd, they are there anyway so you can't use that as an indicator of who will go and see them in a gig. Personally, I don't think LCD Soundsystem can fill 3 Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Also that is a festival crowd, they are there anyway so you can't use that as an indicator of who will go and see them in a gig. Personally, I don't think LCD Soundsystem can fill 3 Arena.

do you think they'd fill another 2 nights in the Olympia? 3 Arena isn't that big.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

do you think they'd fill another 2 nights in the Olympia? 3 Arena isn't that big.

easily...and it would still be impossible to get tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

3Arena is 13,000
    another 2 nights would have taken it 8,000 in the Olympia over 5 nights (Olympia is 1600).

no chance they'd sell out the 3Arena. that's the equivalent of 8 nights in the Olympia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

3 nights in the Olympia in about a minute. They'd fill the 3Arena for sure.

Yeah you misread me. That's what I was getting at. The crowd for them at EP was pretty small. Didn't fill all the way back to the soundstage from my recall.

No way they would fill 3Arena.

People always vastly overestimate band's popularity that they like. LCD being a huge victim of this.

It is that big
    3Arena is 13,000
    another 2 nights would have taken it 8,000 in the Olympia over 5 nights (Olympia is 1600).

no chance they'd sell out the 3Arena.

Exactly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I got a ticket for the upper circle on the Wednesday night, possibly the worst combo of ticket/night. But tbh I've had tix for upper circle before and it's been grand. Saw Franz Ferdinand a few years back in upper circle and everyone just stood up and danced for the entire gig.

Feck it, I don't particularly care where I am standing/sitting. Happy to just see LCD live!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

3Arena is 13,000

no chance they'd sell out the 3Arena.

I think you'd be surprised. 13000 mightn't show up, and plenty would take the chance to see if they'd get one cheaper.

There are a fair few travelling to see them thinking they wouldn't be playing here too.

I'd say the hype alone would see it sell out, even if a load of tix went to touts but they'd be losing out in the end

With this venue, it'll be class, but still a load will be going to touts who will be raking it in unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Yeah you misread me.

No, I was agreeing with you ... that's why I started with "Also, ... "

Weepsie wrote: »
    I think you'd be surprised. 13000 mightn't show up, and plenty would take the chance to see if they'd get one cheaper.

There are a fair few travelling to see them thinking they wouldn't be playing here too.

I'd say the hype alone would see it sell out, even if a load of tix went to touts but they'd be losing out in the end

With this venue, it'll be class, but still a load will be going to touts who will be raking it in unfortunately

Me being one of those
    No, I was agreeing with you ... that's why I started with "Also, ... "

Then I misread you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

This is all just opinions but imo LCD would sell out the 3Arena - Maybe not an instant sell out, but less than a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

If ticket prices were the same and they played a Friday night in the 3arena I think it would sell out also. Seems to be a massive amount of people who missed out.

Managed to get two tickets in the end but they were separate transactions. I used the app as well, wasnt having any luck on the website. Both seated in the circle, row M and H. Have only been to the Olympia twice but do people think most people in the circle will be standing or will it be strictly assigned to your seat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I was refreshing like a mad man on 3 different computers. Managed to get 2 in the Circle for the Thursday. Can't wait. Been in the Olympia for a few things over the years but never for a band this good. Really don't understand why they didn't do a bigger gig. They'd sell it out no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

3Arena is 13,000

no chance they'd sell out the 3Arena. that's the equivalent of 8 nights in the Olympia.

They could have closed off the top level in the 3arena ,that would reduce the capacity down to ~10,000 and would have been perfect.
    I think the ID and credit card checks will deter most touts,although its a bit ridiculous implementing ID checks with e tickets ,it should be hard copy only.

If ticket prices were the same and they played a Friday night in the 3arena I think it would sell out also. Seems to be a massive amount of people who missed out.

Managed to get two tickets in the end but they were separate transactions. I used the app as well, wasnt having any luck on the website. Both seated in the circle, row M and H. Have only been to the Olympia twice but do people think most people in the circle will be standing or will it be strictly assigned to your seat?

There's assigned seating in the Circle. There's no assigned seating in the Upper Circle.

People will be standing for the entire gig no doubt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Arrived at my local record store at 8 this morning and felt a little foolish until three young lads that have travelled by bus to get tickets for LCD. Ended up none of us got tickets which was a bit of a farce but my friend managed to get them on the phone app. Phone app is the way to go in future

Advertisement