Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Soundsystem - UK/Ireland Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

There was me and another fella waiting at the ticketmaster in carlow and we both got tickets.. Chap working opened the server for tickets around 8.55am and ran them off as soon as they went on sale..

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Been refreshing for 6 hours now. Should probably throw in the towel at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Been refreshing for 6 hours now. Should probably throw in the towel at this stage.

:D:D I think so. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I missed out. Me and my housemate both tried on laptops and the app but no luck. 3 nights at the Olympia is still substantially less tickets than one night at the 3 arena which was what I thought they'd do, I think it would have easily sold out too but might have been a bit easier to get tickets. I saw them twice last year so I'm not too pissed though it'd be nice to hear the new tunes and see them in a small venue. I'm going to keep checking ticketmaster and toutless etc I'll get tickets eventually, I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Since toutless doesn't allow it, can we use Boards to buy/sell/swap tickets?
    Should be a simple matter of walking in at the same time as the buyer (if they even end up enforcing it on the night)
    I'm looking for 2 standing any night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

I have friends looking for friday night tickets too. Preferably standing but will take anything id say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Since toutless doesn't allow it, can we use Boards to buy/sell/swap tickets?
    Should be a simple matter of walking in at the same time as the buyer (if they even end up enforcing it on the night)
    I'm looking for 2 standing any night

The mods allowed it (or turned a blind eye) for Radiohead.
    Hopefully they'll do the same here.
    It allows genuine fans help other genuine fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I was also unlucky this morning as was my mate, desperate for 2 Friday tickets if anyone has any spares nearer the time it would make my year. Have the day booked off work and driving down from the North, I need to attend this gig :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Didn't realise this gig would have ID checks, was hoping to get one on Toutless closer to the time. Hopefully there's some face value tickets from genuine people going then!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

So, for people who did actually get them - Was it web? App? - did you have multiple browsers? Is there tricks? (like the www1)

This is the first time I've never gotten a ticket and I'm just wondering have things changed or is it luck?

So, I never used to have issues getting tickets but wasn't able to get tickets to U2 and London Grammar. I did manage to get tickets to Coldplay but that's because I accidentally went for the premium ones, which cost an absolute fortune (but were worth every penny in the end.)

I logged on at 9am not expecting to get tickets, but I got in straight away and got 2x standing for the Wednesday night. I'd say it was partially luck and partially because most people probably tried for Friday night first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

Got two tickets to the Wednesday night having been both on the computer and the app open. Nothing on the computer then got two (Upper Circle standing) on the app after trying a few times. Experience with the app has always been good.
    With regard to venues, regardless of whether they'd sell out the 3 Arena or not, the fact is that I wouldn't go and see them there and I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people who bought tickets this morning specifically got them because it's LCD at the Olympia, which for me is a special venue to see a band I know will light the place up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

mosstin wrote: »
    (Upper Circle standing)

Upper Circle is seated, just first come first served (undoubtedly, it'll be standing in / on your seat for this gig though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Upper Circle is seated, just first come first served (undoubtedly, it'll be standing in / on your seat for this gig though!

That's what I meant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

A few mates and I were trying to get tickets at 9 on the nose this morning, half going for Thursday, half going for Friday. I was the only one to get any tickets in the cart, stuck in my card info to pay and got an error message. That kept happening until the tickets timed out. I was fairly raging honestly...

BUT... got a Ticketmaster confirmation just there to say that I had in fact bought the tickets! :D Delighted! Reading some people had similar experiences of getting kicked out after having secured tickets, so double check, you might have a nice surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

mosstin wrote: »
    Got two tickets to the Wednesday night having been both on the computer and the app open. Nothing on the computer then got two (Upper Circle standing) on the app after trying a few times. Experience with the app has always been good.
    With regard to venues, regardless of whether they'd sell out the 3 Arena or not, the fact is that I wouldn't go and see them there and I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people who bought tickets this morning specifically got them because it's LCD at the Olympia, which for me is a special venue to see a band I know will light the place up.

Got the ticket in spite of it being the Olympia as never seen LCD live before. Terrible venue and I quietly am concerned about safety in there.

It's not a refurbished music hall in the vein of the Camden Palace or O2 Brixton but it continues to be promoted as such.

If the 3Arena is considered too dank the promoters should have rode bareback and gone for Bord Gais.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Got the ticket in spite of it being the Olympia as never seen LCD live before. Terrible venue and I quietly am concerned about safety in there.

The Olympia is a great venue. Best in the city for gigs imo. Not too sure what the safety concerns might be. It's got fire escapes like any other venue, and has to pass the normal regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

alastair wrote: »
    The Olympia is a great venue. Best in the city for gigs imo. Not too sure what the safety concerns might be. It's got fire escapes like any other venue, and has to pass the normal regulations.

A lot of restricted view seats on the circle and tiny cramped seats and poor sound quality in the upper circle. Vicar street is way better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

alastair wrote: »

Concern is that the rickety dress circle and upper circle are not sturdy enough for large groups of people hoofing it. Security men downstairs in standing can be very rough about forcing everyone between the lines and leaving no give in the stalls area at all. Three times I've walked out of there. Thankfully I have a seat for LCD (so at least I'll have an allocated standing spot!).

I've no skin in the game but if the seats in the stalls of Bord Gais are partly removable then I think this run of gigs should have been held there. Capacity is 2,100 and the spec would be perfect for the show. And far fewer people would be left ticketless and disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Peter File wrote: »
    A lot of restricted view seats on the circle and tiny cramped seats
    I was really hoping they would do something with the seats in the last renovation. They need to get rid of a row or 2 and just have more space, shifting them all a little, probably a big job.

It was opened in 1879 and could well have the same seating as back then. I was reading before about this issue being related to old venues -simply down to being built when people were shorter.

I doubt any venue opening today would agree to having such cramped seats, some are not too bad, some are terrible, this is since the arrangement of seats in front of you is not even.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-23896855
    The average height of men has risen by almost 11cm since the mid-19th century, experts have found.
    Data was collected on hundreds of thousands of men from 15 European countries.
    For British men, the average height at age 21 rose from 167.05cm (5ft 5in) in 1871-75 to 177.37cm (5ft 10in) in 1971-75.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Ticket going for the low low price of 700 euro over on DoneDeal :eek:

https://www.donedeal.ie/musictickets-for-sale/lcd-soundsystem-olympia/16181217

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

budgemook wrote: »

Nobody is gonna pay that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Nobody is gonna pay that

No, I very much doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

Nobody is gonna pay that

It's like when the papers report that Adele tickets were going for £20k. They wen're 'going' for that price. They were just listed for that price.

Same person probably had tickets for sale at £500 so it looks a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Wheety wrote: »
    They were just listed for that price.
    possibly by the very same journo reporting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

could see some of the more obsessive fan types (all bands have them) paying out 100-150 tops but no more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

budgemook wrote: »

I thought you cant sell for above face value on Done Deal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Zardoz wrote: »
    I thought you cant sell for above face value on Done Deal ?

Hah, no chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

I have 2 upper circle tickets for the Friday, looking to swap for 2 standing Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I have 2 upper circle tickets for the Friday, looking to swap for 2 standing Friday

thumbs-up.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I have money, looking to swap for tickets for any night :)

Advertisement