Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

youth population of Finglas

Options
  • 12-06-2017 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

would anyone have any idea on where i can find the stats on the youth population in Finglas...tried looking on the CSO but its only giving me the demographics of dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

You need to dig into the last census results. They're all online, 2011 I think but they should give you exactly what you are looking for. I had to get the figures for my own area recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moving to Dublin City (as this is not a Personal Issue). Mods, please feel free to move again if this is not the right spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kizzykim1

You need to dig into the last census results. They're all online, 2011 I think but they should give you exactly what you are looking for. I had to get the figures for my own area recently.

I have already looked and all i'm finding is the population of dublin and not finglas

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ask the Department of Education. They should know. I think either Tullamore or Marlborough street do statistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

kizzykim1 wrote: »
    I have already looked and all i'm finding is the population of dublin and not finglas

They're there. You may need to do some work to sum together the exact area you're looking for. If it's Fingal as a whole then it's simpler.

http://www.cso.ie/en/census/census2011smallareapopulationstatisticssaps/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

They're there. You may need to do some work to sum together the exact area you're looking for. If it's Fingal as a whole then it's simpler.

http://www.cso.ie/en/census/census2011smallareapopulationstatisticssaps/

Finglas is not part of Fingal, it's D11

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭kksaints

Try airo and go to mapping resources and maps at national level. Then go to census 2016 summary results (1) and view visualisation.Then selected the popualtion by age category and the three categories for people under 18. Then move the mouse over the Electoral District that you want figures for and left-click to get up values, then click on the arrows on the top right of the pop up to get values for each category. Be advised that Finglas is made up of multiple EDs so you will have to add up figures. Here is a link to the maps.

http://airo.maynoothuniversity.ie/mapping-resources/airo-census-mapping/national-viewers/census-2016-summary-results-1

Advertisement