Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removal of alarm system

Options
  • 12-06-2017 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey,

I was hoping someone could tell me how much and how easy it is to disable/remove an alarm system? I can do most of the grunt work myself. I think I would just need someone to completely disable the system. I am currently only able to set and unset at the keypad. It shows a battery fault and I am unable to knock off the mains power to the house to do other work without the siren going off. It's beginning to bug me!

I do not have the engineers code and have tried to open the control panel but it just sets off the alarm. We don't want the system at all so it will not be reused at a later date.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Take the cover off the bellbox and start snipping wires, including those to the small battery if present. Wear a pair of earplugs. Just unscrew from the wall when finished and tuck away the wires that are left. If you have an internal sounder that will go off when opening the control panel (tamper alarm), again wire snips will take care of that. Make sure you disconnect power and battery before snipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 EvanUpwards

degsie, by bellbox do you mean the outside sounder? Also will it be apparent if a battery is present once I open it?

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

As long as its not the old metal bell boxes, the easiest way is to open the main control panel & remove the mains fuse & disconnect the battery. The external bell will ring for about 20 minutes & then power down.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 EvanUpwards

KoolKid, thanks for the reply. I'm fairly sure it's a plastic bellbox, if it's the same thing I'm thinking of. Is there any way to do this without sounding the alarm for 20 mins? I live in a terraced house and not sure my neighbours would be appreciative. I also don't mind paying someone (a reasonable amount) if it means a quieter removal.

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You would need to get up and disconnect the external bell.
    Surly 20 minutes during the day would be Ok.
    We do it all the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement