Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows and doors

• 12-06-2017 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all.
    We've recently bought a house in Limerick and needs new windows and doors (along with the rest).
    We are going to get a few quotes. Can people PM me with experiences with the following window companies please.

Munster Joinery
    Mid West Windows
    Costello Windows
    Senator Windows
    Walsh Windows

Or even other companies.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I went with Munster Joinery good quality, date given for delivery 2 weeks in advance, good value and shocking customer service once fitted if you have a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,622 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Know of someone just waiting on windows from Poland. Supposed to be very good value if you have a local fitter. Sorry don't have details ATM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Here's a review of Costello Windows. Not used them myself...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=102231762

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Refurb2017

That's one we can take off the list!! Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭manna452121

I have got great work done with John Lynch,he worked with Christy Campbell for a long time.Give him a ring for a quote. http://johnlynchupvc.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Refurb2017

Water John wrote: »
    Know of someone just waiting on windows from Poland. Supposed to be very good value if you have a local fitter. Sorry don't have details ATM.

Thanks. Don't think I'll go that route though, might be a nightmare if any problems arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭overthebridge

kilburn wrote: »
    I went with Munster Joinery good quality, date given for delivery 2 weeks in advance, good value and shocking customer service once fitted if you have a problem

+1 on all of the above. Got new back windows fitted 2 months and about a week after they fitted them I noticed an portion of the window was missing sealant.
    I'm still waiting for the servie engineer to come back and seal it.

Apart from I couldn't fault them.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Better off joining one of the Facebook construction groups where you'll have some hope of getting honest feedback. Anything negative will be removed off here and the thread locked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I had a good experience with munster joinery. Did a fair bit of haggling to get the prices down. Front door was a bit sticky to close a few weeks later and they came out promptly to fix it. You can also claim tax back with the home renovation incentive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I had M&L window and door repair do some work in the house last year and found then very good. Polish guys based in Nenagh. (I'm in Limerick, they will travel) I recommended them to my neighbour and he was very happy with them too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭LMK

I got Doors & Windows this year from Sean Barron Askeaton.. Very good quality, workmanship was v good also... does the work himself too..
    http://seanbarronupvc.ie/contact/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Just a piece of advice ... no matter who you go with, get the lowest possible u-value that you can afford. This is one of the most important issues when choosing windows and doors, but most people aren't aware of it. You'll save a hell of a lot of money on heating costs in the long run if you give this attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

I would recommend Munster Joinery, good quality and affordable. Went for triple glaze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

I can highly recommend Senator Windows. New windows and doors, great job, neat and tidy. Re-plastered where necessary. Even came back a few weeks later when we noticed that the bay window had dropped. Fixed it and all perfect. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Mollywolly wrote:
    I can highly recommend Senator Windows. New windows and doors, great job, neat and tidy. Re-plastered where necessary. Even came back a few weeks later when we noticed that the bay window had dropped. Fixed it and all perfect. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for!

What u-value are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

From memory, I think it was 1.10. I'd have to find the paperwork! Not the lowest but best we could afford.

Advertisement