Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclists on ring road

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

many a time I would be flying by down the footpath that has a cycle track joined to it and see a lance Armstrong wannabe out on the road, holding up traffic that cant pass them. I say blow them out of it. I don't want to see your backside for 5 minutes because I cant overtake you.

But I blame the politicians for this issue.

Sorry, your post is a bit "hard to follow" ?
    When you do " be flying by down the footpath" - Are you on the road ? Cycling, or in a motor vehicle (Car, van, truck,bus)
    "Cycle track joined to it " - There is the Velodrome in Dublin for Track cycling? or would it be a "Cycle Path" ? I know you are fully aware that cyclists arent under any obligation to use these Cycle Paths , as most by design arent fit for purpose.
    "blow them out of it" - What would that solve? Would it solve traffic congestion in the city? Make cyclists disappear? Or just make little bully boys and girls relieve their stress because they cant bear to be delayed for a wee while behind another road user on the public road.
    "for 5 mins because i cant overtake you " - Have you been stuck behind a cyclist for 5 mins ? Really now , Have you ? I somehow doubt it, but if you have been, Thank you for being so patient.
    and remember "You own the car, Not the Road"

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

greenspurs wrote: »
    When you do " be flying by down the footpath" - Are you on the road ? Cycling, or in a motor vehicle (Car, van, truck,bus)

In a wheelchair I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

I don't want to see your backside for 5 minutes because I cant overtake you.

But I blame the politicians for this issue.
    I have no love for politicians, but I don't see how they can possibly be blamed for either your poor driving skills or your rubbish car.

Take the car to a garage and have it seen to and/or take some driving lessons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Tutsy Barry

In a wheelchair I think...
    Yeah you got it right dastard. Whats the problem, cant a wheelchair user use this place ? Typical, my life is a constant battle against the people who both literally and emotionally look down on me and these cyclists have no respect for me.
    greenspurs wrote: »
    "Cycle track joined to it " - There is the Velodrome in Dublin for Track cycling? or would it be a "Cycle Path" ? I know you are fully aware that cyclists arent under any obligation to use these Cycle Paths , as most by design arent fit for purpose.
    "blow them out of it" - What would that solve? Would it solve traffic congestion in the city? Make cyclists disappear? Or just make little bully boys and girls relieve their stress because they cant bear to be delayed for a wee while behind another road user on the public road.
    "for 5 mins because i cant overtake you " - Have you been stuck behind a cyclist for 5 mins ? Really now , Have you ? I somehow doubt it, but if you have been, Thank you for being so patient.
    and remember "You own the car, Not the Road"
    Is it hard to follow? sorry the keyboard is above my eye line cos I had to use the public computer in the library cos my own laptop was robbed by decko after the mammoth sesh we had dere just a few weeks ago .

I'm struggling to understand some of your post, I'm not the bully I'm the one BEING bullied by the cyclists in their lycra. And yes 5 minutes and 14 seconds I timed it on my casio watch. How would you like it if your late for the early scoop because of some cyclist who is too headstrong to use the cycle lane right beside him
    I have no love for politicians, but I don't see how they can possibly be blamed for either your poor driving skills or your rubbish car.

Take the car to a garage and have it seen to and/or take some driving lessons.
    Trust me they do , the all seeing eyes as we call them , I'm sure they use this forum so ill tread lightly as I might come under fire from them...

and my driving skills are well up to par. I cant drive now but I do be getting lifts from my buddies

these cyclists have no respect for me.
    What cyclists are you referring to?
    many a time I would be flying by down the footpath that has a cycle track joined to it and see a lance Armstrong wannabe out on the road
    I'm the one BEING bullied by the cyclists in their lycra.
    How are you being bullied if you're on the footpath and they're on the road?

I take it people on bicycles sans lycra are fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Supra lover 87

By a lot of arguments I don't think the road is fit for purpose so Il use the footpath when I drive home.

Just use the cycle lane unless you have a proper road bike that is fast.

If you can't handle going on and off a ramp between round abouts and if the man holds are slippy you should not be near a bike and I'd suggest getting rid of your bald bike tyres and replace with tyres fit for purpose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

By a lot of arguments I don't think the road is fit for purpose so Il use the footpath when I drive home.

Just use the cycle lane unless you have a proper road bike that is fast.

If you can't handle going on and off a ramp between round abouts and if the man holds are slippy you should not be near a bike and I'd suggest getting rid of your bald bike tyres and replace with tyres fit for purpose

Cyclists are entitled to cycle on that road, motorists aren't entitled to drive on footpaths.

From what I've read of this subject, although that is a problem, it isn't the main problem. It's a combination of loss of priority and sight lines.

From what I've read of this subject, although that is a problem, it isn't the main problem. It's a combination of loss of priority and sight lines.

I dont think the OP and a few others would be interested in the reasoning ...
    Its just another Anti Cyclist Thread on Boards !!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

There are many reasons (already mentioned) why cyclists do not use the dedicated "cyclepaths" and here is one of them - they are dangerous, not designed or built for purpose and... inconvenient to use to say the least...

11258231013_1285caf0e0_c.jpg

• Advertisement

Seweryn wrote: »
    So now the new tyres have been fitted, what about lamp posts? Any suggestions for dealing with them?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I was just looking at the N10 and N77 -- lol. Classic **** Irish design and yet people still wonder why cyclists don't use them.

The junctions are lethally designed and most collisions happen at junctions -- anybody using them thinking they are much safer than the road is kidding themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Seweryn wrote: »
    There are many reasons (already mentioned) why cyclists do not use the dedicated "cyclepaths" and here is one of them - they are dangerous, not designed or built for purpose and... inconvenient to use to say the least...

I think lampposts should be in the middle of the road lanes just to see how people in cars like it.

i often cycle that long road out to killian hill donned in my elvis costume. the thing is, i can bop and swing around those poles so why can't you

Neither funny, nor correctly spelt ...
    *Cillin Hill

I think lampposts should be in the middle of the road lanes just to see how people in cars like it.
    No way. There's enough damage done to lamp posts by motorists where they are. The councils would be bankrupted if they were moved to the road.

rereg wrote: »
    Trollish.

Selves - not 'self' ........
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D (annoying is'nt it ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

i often cycle that long road out to killian hill donned in my elvis costume. the thing is, i can bop and swing around those poles so why can't you

In other word's 'Ah shur it'll do'. Typically Irish!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Tutsy Barry

What cyclists are you referring to?

How are you being bullied if you're on the footpath and they're on the road?

I take it people on bicycles sans lycra are fine.

A little smart arse now are we, the cyclists on the road sure

It depends on how I'm feeling. Some days I'll be on the road in the wheelchair trying to blend in with the automobiles. But people bully the cripple in the wheelchair just like on this forum.

Well now, if she's a nice young lass she can wear lycra no problem ;) but not if he's a boyo

A little smart arse now are we
    :confused:

It was a straightforward question.
    But people bully the cripple in the wheelchair just like on this forum.
    Haven't seen any of that here.
    Well now, if she's a nice young lass she can wear lycra no problem ;) but not if he's a boyo
    Still don't understand what lycra has to do with it. If you want to perv at women, you can do that anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

How is this thread still going? :pac: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

How is this thread still going? :pac: :D

Because there's a lot of angry little motorists who don't realise the main purpose of a ring road is for women to get excercise walking round it.

Advertisement