Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone out for 4 days - cant get any info

Options
  • 12-06-2017 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

My aunt is in her 80's and lives alone.  Her phone is out of action since Thursday.  It is the only phone she has access to.  I rang customer services to find out when it will be working again.  The Agent couldn't even tell me if they had even started to repair the fault, let alone when it was likely to be fixed.  She told me she could not give an expected DATE of reinstatement - I was expecting a time of reinstatement, not a date!!  She was unable to even tell me what the fault was other than an "area" fault.  She said she would email "them", and if they bothered to respond she would phone me back.  I did not not get a phone call.  

I worked as a cabler/jointer on telecom networks on both E side and D side construction and maintenance for 15 years and never once did we leave an outage for this long.  It's shocking and disgraceful, as is the level of customer "service".  Other than picking up the phone and saying her name, the Agent was unable to tell me anything else.  I would be grateful if you would contact me for the phone number etc.  I don't have the account number as I can't contact my aunt to ask her.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi kja1888,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I am really sorry to hear this. It can take up to 3-5 days to resolve a fault once it's logged. Repeat faults do get treated with a higher priority, however, they can also still take up to 3-5 days.

I'm afraid we are unable to arrange call backs from here. If you wish to speak with someone directly I would recommend the account holder speaking with customer care on 1901. Due to data protection, we would be unable to assist you with this if you are not listed on the account as a point of contact or cannot provide us with the account number. Once you are listed on the account as a point of contact and can provide us with an account number, we would be happy to have a further look into this for you. 

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused here. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kja1888

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi kja1888,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I am really sorry to hear this. It can take up to 3-5 days to resolve a fault once it's logged. Repeat faults do get treated with a higher priority, however, they can also still take up to 3-5 days.

I'm afraid we are unable to arrange call backs from here. If you wish to speak with someone directly I would recommend the account holder speaking with customer care on 1901. Due to data protection, we would be unable to assist you with this if you are not listed on the account as a point of contact or cannot provide us with the account number. Once you are listed on the account as a point of contact and can provide us with an account number, we would be happy to have a further look into this for you. 

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused here. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 
    Hi Leanne.

Thanks for your computer-generated response.

I will take your advice and get listed as a point of contact for my aunts account.

As to your suggestion that she ring 1901, I thought I had couched the issue simply enough in my original message, however I will attempt to help you understand the issue more clearly; the only phone my aunt has access to is her house landline - in other words, the single, solitary and only phone she can use is the phone in her house. I would be grateful if you could explain how she could ring 1901 if the effing thing isn't working?

I'm sure you'll agree, it's interactions like this with "customer service" that make you wonder what the point of the job actually is?

I hope one day you have an important issue to get dealt with and you get same amount of assistance and resolution that I did.

Keith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Keith, 

I'm really sorry to hear you feel this way. 

If your aunt has not got any other access to a handset to contact our customer care team I would recommend your aunt popping into her local eir store and they will be happy to have a further look into this for her. 

Thanks, 
    Anna.

Advertisement