If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4K Projectors

Options
  • 12-06-2017 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

John/Lads,

I see that Optoma have brought out a 'relatively' affordable 4K projector and Richersounds will be selling them soon https://www.richersounds.com/product/projectors/optoma/uhd65/opto-uhd65-projector.

Its probably still outside of my price range but will this signal a start to more affordable 4k projectors coming onto the market? 

What are the whispers coming from Richer Towers? LOL

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

John/Lads,

I see that Optoma have brought out a 'relatively' affordable 4K projector and Richersounds will be selling them soon https://www.richersounds.com/product/projectors/optoma/uhd65/opto-uhd65-projector.

Its probably still outside of my price range but will this signal a start to more affordable 4k projectors coming onto the market? 

Hi Fred,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you - we are awaiting the UHD65 with bated breath - it will be on dem in the demo room within 5 minutes of it landing :D :D 

Its inevitable that as 4K UHD becomes standard across TV and indeed mainstream for broadcast that 4K PJ's will start to drop in price ( unfortunately that's the nature of our industry!) - Feel free to drop me a PM or a mail directly with a target price and I'll keep my ear to teh ground for you...

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Steekers

I am also interested in this post. As a long time JVC projector lover, i just cant fork out what they are asking for the 4k versions...

I'll be up for a look at this when it is demo'd

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chemicalfred

John/Lads,

Hi Fred,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you - we are awaiting the UHD65 with bated breath - it will be on dem in the demo room within 5 minutes of it landing :D :D 

Its inevitable that as 4K UHD becomes standard across TV and indeed mainstream for broadcast that 4K PJ's will start to drop in price ( unfortunately that's the nature of our industry!) - Feel free to drop me a PM or a mail directly with a target price and I'll keep my ear to teh ground for you...

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John,

I think if you get the UHD65 I may take a long awaited trip up to ye to see it :). I'll send you a PM with my price range in the off chance something comes on the market. Having an affordable 4K projector would be a driver for me to get the likes of SKY Q in, considering how good a job my current Optoma HD projector does

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

John/Lads,

Hi Fred,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John,

I think if you get the UHD65 I may take a long awaited trip up to ye to see it :). I'll send you a PM with my price range in the off chance something comes on the market. Having an affordable 4K projector would be a driver for me to get the likes of SKY Q in, considering how good a job my current Optoma HD projector does
    No problem keep us posted!

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Really interesting read from this article of these new type of lens well worth a read.
    Looking forward to seeing this in demo. 

http://www.projectorcentral.com/4k-dlp-projectors.htm

Is the UHD65 available in white do you know John?

• Advertisement

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Really interesting read from this article of these new type of lens well worth a read.
    Looking forward to seeing this in demo. 

http://www.projectorcentral.com/4k-dlp-projectors.htm

Is the UHD65 available in white do you know John?
    Hi TCP/IP,

I have been having a look online and can't find the UHD65 available in white, only black. You can get the UHD60 in white but wouldn't be as well spec'd as the 65 (lower contrast ratio).

Many thanks.

David

• Registered Users Posts: 20 batfin

any sign of either of these projectors yet? I'm swaying towards the UHD60 just due to the input lag being less as the projector has my xbox linked up to it and I use it quite a bit for gaming on

batfin wrote: »
    any sign of either of these projectors yet? I'm swaying towards the UHD60 just due to the input lag being less as the projector has my xbox linked up to it and I use it quite a bit for gaming on
    Hi batfin,

I had a look at our scheduled warehouse deliveries but unfortunately we still don't have a release date. I will check with our purchasing department to see if they even have a vague date but as of yet we still have nothing I'm afraid.

I will keep you posted.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Hello. Just wanted to register my interest on these! Snipped by Mod, but i've tended to buy my larger home cinema equipment from you over the years and its worked out well

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Manonboard,

thanks for the post - I did get a look at your post before it was snipped and I can see that Amazon are selling some of the UHD60 around £2k - if these come from a genuine UK / IRL source I'm happy to price match of course once they come with a reasonable 5/6 year warranty like our own.

However the lowest price on Amazon at the moment only includes a standard warranty and it's via a company based in Germany - nothing against German companies but we are a touch more local and easier to deal with in the event of any issue ;) 

So...of course we will look at any pricebeat but generally they should be Irl / UK based but do always try us!

Also I'm sure you do know but there have been other Optoma UHD 4K PJ's launched since the UHD60 / UHD65 have a look at the UHD40 and the UHD550:

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-203145-401396.aspx

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-203103-319265.aspx

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.