Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

deadl0ck wrote: »
    How often does it save ? Is it after each battle or can you manually save it ?

Looking to save scum a Mario game? :D

I'd take amiibo and pre-launch dlc over the **** they do with Pokémon where 80% of the events don't get here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

finished world one last night, really enjoying the game, i feel its a more undocked on the move type game played in bursts than doing a lot in one sitting. unlocked skills but have no idea which ones to go for and love that
    luigi is a sniper in a mario game, whod have guessed
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Looking to save scum a Mario game? :D

I'd take amiibo and pre-launch dlc over the **** they do with Pokémon where 80% of the events don't get here.
    I have young kids and can get interrupted easily, especially if they want to play something on the Switch.
    It would be really annoying mid-battle to have to quit out to play Mario Kart, and then have to go back and start again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was watching a stream on twitch this morning. It auto-saves before and after every battle and at level transitions.

The game looks great and the music is fantastic. I've a lot of bills in September and October, plus a SNES Mini preorder, so I might have to wait a few months to grab this myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That_Guy wrote: »
    Ordered from The Game Collection through Parcel Motel and still no sign of it despite the game being shipped on Monday.

Anyone else having this issue?

Literally just arrived in the PM depot. Should have it this evening. Looking forward to getting stuck into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You can manually save, from what I recall, and it seems to save before and after each battle as well as during area transitions. I don't think you can save mid battle, but battles don't seem to be big affairs so far anyway. 10-15 minutes or so if you're strategising, but at the start, even shorter than that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Got this on launch and what little time I've had with it, I've enjoyed hugely. Buckets of charm and once the battlefields begin to become complex (pipes, height, obstacles etc) it really gets fun.

Didn't do too well against
    the piranha plant boss, tried to surround it and strafe but it just ran up to Mario and beat on him, pinning him down until he was dead
    . My other guys had to clean up from either side of the battlefield. Glad to have Luigi now, sniper power and leading enemies into killboxes.

Mostly 'perfect' but a few 'goods', is there any way to go back to repeat those? Wouldn't mind the extra coins once there are some good weapons to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Rhyme wrote: »

Mostly 'perfect' but a few 'goods', is there any way to go back to repeat those? Wouldn't mind the extra coins once there are some good weapons to buy.

When you complete world 1 you get the 'push' ability and can use the Ancient Garden cannon to go back and get missed items / scores.

That's as far as I got to last night - the robot bomb with Luigi and his sniping is great!

Grassey wrote: »
    When you complete world 1 you get the 'push' ability and can use the Ancient Garden cannon to go back and get missed items / scores.

That's as far as I got to last night - the robot bomb with Luigi and his sniping is great!

Cool, I'll give that a go. Most of the 'good's have been due to silly mistakes and not understanding the angles of a battlefield when it comes to enemy fire.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My local GS has the Rabbid Amiibo in stock, €19.99 each and there's four of them, so you would want to really love the things to invest €80!!

• Advertisement

I may be missing something obvious, but is there a reverse action? Say, you move a character but realise it's a bad move, can you revert it to the original position or are you stuck?

I've not really looked in game, it just popped into my head as I was reading this. I moved onto 1-8 last night. It's definitely getting a bit trickier to get those Perfects :)

chrislad wrote: »
    I may be missing something obvious, but is there a reverse action? Say, you move a character but realise it's a bad move, can you revert it to the original position or are you stuck?

I've not really looked in game, it just popped into my head as I was reading this. I moved onto 1-8 last night. It's definitely getting a bit trickier to get those Perfects :)

Not that I know of. The only way of reversing an action is if you're using the move command and dash through an enemy or through a pipe it creates a 'point' that you can reverse through within the move command but not after you move.

A few times I've made a move and then realised I'm exposed and then the entire round is spent removing that threat and not spending time with the broader strategy.

Just got the 'Heal' ability. Thanks Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My local GS has the Rabbid Amiibo in stock, €19.99 each and there's four of them, so you would want to really love the things to invest €80!!

Are they amiibo? I thought they were just figurines? When they revealed them in June there was no mention of the A word except in the context that they were NOT amiibo, but they cost more than amiibo and it was the existing Mario & co amiibo that unlocked stuff.
    Has that turned out to not be true?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

20 quid for useless figures? Takes all sorts I suppose.

I dont think they are amiibo, Nintendolife did an unboxing of the special ed. They are just figures i think, which is a pity because they look pretty good, i would have brought 1 at least.

You unlock an amiibo lab in world 1 and it has 4 silhouettes but none of them are rabbid shape tho, i think its just the classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Amazon.co.uk have discounts on new titles at the minute until Sunday.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/30/get-20-off-games-on-amazon-this-week-if-you-spend-150-get-the-codes-here-6889295/

Valid on Mario & Rabbids

£5 off a £35 or more spend – VG5OFF35
    £10 off a £75 or more spend – VG10OFF75
    £20 off a £150 or more spend – VG20OFF150

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    Are they amiibo? I thought they were just figurines? When they revealed them in June there was no mention of the A word except in the context that they were NOT amiibo, but they cost more than amiibo and it was the existing Mario & co amiibo that unlocked stuff.
    Has that turned out to not be true?

You are absolutely right.
    Bugger.

Those sneaky (read as "schnaaaakey") so and so's in GS have them hanging with the Amiibo figures and, to my rheumy old eyes they look like dem Amiibo things yer man Leitrim-each loves so much...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I caved - just bought it so I'll get a go tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Gamestop has big versions of the figures for €40 too, they look nice, but bit of a waste of money if you ask me!

Halfway through World 2 now. It's a lot of fun and a very good looking game. I think I'll end up picking up the Season Pass for it, if this quality keeps up through the whole game. New mechanics are being introduced often enough to keep the game fresh, but not so fast that things get messy.

• Advertisement

Halfway through World 2 now. It's a lot of fun and a very good looking game. I think I'll end up picking up the Season Pass for it, if this quality keeps up through the whole game. New mechanics are being introduced often enough to keep the game fresh, but not so fast that things get messy.

Also, going back to earlier worlds to do the challenges and turn those 'goods' into 'perfects' shows the unusual pleasure of completely out-strategising the enemies after making a ton of mistakes the first time through.

Fully upgrading Luigi's Steely Stare and Mario's Hero Vision takes the hurt out of some of the trickier challenges, especially the 'kill everyone in 1 turn' challenges.

Also, going back to earlier worlds to do the challenges and turn those 'goods' into 'perfects' shows the unusual pleasure of completely out-strategising the enemies after making a ton of mistakes the first time through.

Fully upgrading Luigi's Steely Stare and Mario's Hero Vision takes the hurt out of some of the trickier challenges, especially the 'kill everyone in 1 turn' challenges.

Not to toot my own horn, but I'm all Perfects so far! :D

Now I've probably jinxed myself.

Not to toot my own horn, but I'm all Perfects so far! :D

Now I've probably jinxed myself.

I was pretty sloppy to be fair, scraped through a few, especially the secret missions. Didn't want to buy weapons for ages but now that I've finished World 2 I've bought up my favourite weapons, perfected World 1 and now am trawling World 2 for challenges and chests.

I'm not really a 100% person but I like to have the tools to kick Rabbid arse so getting bonus purple orbs helps :)

im just glad you can reset the skill trees if you are not happy with previous choices

Finished it last night with a thrilling but, on reflection, easy last boss. Fully upgraded Hero Vision/Steely Eye, weapons with good 'Bounce' and a view on enemies move patterns and you can walk through it. Great fun though.

Now back to explore some of the areas I missed, challenges I skipped and chests I missed. Might see how some of the other characters play as well as I've had my team of Mario, Luigi and Rabbid Peach together for more-or-less the entire game.

Found the 'Ultimate Challenges' as well. Extremely daunting but, with strategy, are probably doable as-is.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

How long did it take you?

Mr E wrote: »
    How long did it take you?

I'll have to check my playtime tonight but I got it on launch and played it occasionally since then with a few gaps in between (house-hunting at the moment so viewings and meetings with the bank/solicitor took up some valuable game time). Re-did a few battles and did some exploring between worlds (
    you get an ability after each world that lets you interact with a new aspect of the game be it pushing blocks, drill disturbed earth etc.
    ).

I felt it was a good length of game with plenty to go back to. The challenges offer something a bit harder as well while the 'easy mode'* allows the game to be accessible for younger kids. If the Rabbids don't irritate you/them of course :) I've grown to like them so their particular brand of humour is appealing to me.

*heals your characters and gives them double health for that battle.

I'm taking my time through this too. I've completed all of World 1, and one more challenge to do in World 2. I'm just past the mid boss in World 3, and just taking my time, enjoying it. It's a really fun game, and I'm definitely on the edge of picking up the season pass, though the story content isn't out until next year. I'll probably get through to the end of this month on this game, as I've decided not to bother with Pokken, and I believe Steamworld Dig 2 will be out soon, so those will tide me over until Mario hits.

What's in the season pass? Is it a little something now and something else later on sort of deal?

Edit: just checked there, I'm at "25 hours or more" on the game.

• Advertisement

What's in the season pass? Is it a little something now and something else later on sort of deal?

Edit: just checked there, I'm at "25 hours or more" on the game.

Off the top of my head, it’s some weapons now, challenges and mp maps in Dec and new single player content next year

Advertisement