Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

chrislad wrote: »
    Off the top of my head, it’s some weapons now, chellenges and mp maps in Dec and new single player content next year

I think I'll pass on that for now. Plenty in the game left to do exploring and challenge-wise and those weapons are probably not as powerful as the ones I just bought from the shop upon finishing the main game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Sparko

I finished World 3 last night, really enjoyed that boss! One more chest to find and 2 chapters to redo to try and get perfect score and then on to the next world. I'm really enjoying this game and trying to make it last as long as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I have the 2nd world nearly done.

I am enjoying it but desgeha 5 I found to be way more dun and better then this as the battling in that you have to use your head a lot more while in this simple mistakes you be going I am grand will in desghea one mistake you done for ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Just started on World 3 and I'm finding it much harder. Is it normal practice to go back to the first 2 world to upgrade things more or should I be able to plough straight through the game?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've yet to get back to this, only trying the tutorial... to my shame...

Just no time!

And the eshop is so tempting... too many distractions!

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've yet to get back to this, only trying the tutorial... to my shame...

Just no time!

And the eshop is so tempting... too many distractions!
    I know, games overload. Only way I was able to do this was by being off work since Saturday after hurting my back. Enjoying it now though. It was hard to stick with at the start, as I've never got into tactical rpg stuff before but now I'm glad I did.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I only got Ocarina of Time finished, for the first time, when it was released for the 3DS and I ended up in hospital for a night with chest pains a few years ago! A night in a ward with a dude to the left of me who wanted all the lights on and snored!
    Couldn't sleep a wink so out came the 3DS, and off I went on my travels around Hyrule instead of the observation ward in Beaumont....
    Much better!
    And finished it!

So, in a nutshell, if I'm to have any chance of completing the Switch Rabbids game, I'd better have another health crisis!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I only got Ocarina of Time finished, for the first time, when it was released for the 3DS and I ended up in hospital for a night with chest pains a few years ago! A night in a ward with a dude to the left of me who wanted all the lights on and snored!
    Couldn't sleep a wink so out came the 3DS, and off I went on my travels around Hyrule instead of the observation ward in Beaumont....
    Much better!
    And finished it!

So, in a nutshell, if I'm to have any chance of completing the Switch Rabbids game, I'd better have another health crisis!
    I blame mobile phones for the lack of spare time. If you spent as much time playing games rather than reading and writing about them you'd probably be replaying oot cause you were bored.
    But saying that, with the world the way it is, it's probably easier to just break your leg and get stuck in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

iamtony wrote: »
    Just started on World 3 and I'm finding it much harder. Is it normal practice to go back to the first 2 world to upgrade things more or should I be able to plough straight through the game?

I'd go back and upgrade the weapons to the best from the previous world, and also getting points to upgrade abilities... but some times you just need to plow on!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

You can reset your abilities at any time as well so if you need to remove a characters abilities to beef up another ability to beat a challenge, that's a possibility.

As soon as I had Mario, Luigi and Rabbid Peach on the one team, I never changed. Mario's Hero Gaze and Luigi's Steely Stare as well as Rabbid Peachs healing ability changed my tactics completely. The little moving robot bombs were handy too. I think your characters dictate how you play so if you're finding it tough, try others.

Some of the later characters are fantastic tanks and great for high damage too, especially Rabbid Mario and Yoshi.

• Advertisement

Rhyme wrote: »
    You can reset your abilities at any time as well so if you need to remove a characters abilities to beef up another ability to beat a challenge, that's a possibility.

As soon as I had Mario, Luigi and Rabbid Peach on the one team, I never changed. Mario's Hero Gaze and Luigi's Steely Stare as well as Rabbid Peachs healing ability changed my tactics completely. The little moving robot bombs were handy too. I think your characters dictate how you play so if you're finding it tough, try others.

Some of the later characters are fantastic tanks and great for high damage too, especially Rabbid Mario and Yoshi.
    Whilst getting thrashed on World 3-4 I decided to look at the level on utube and the person playing it had a much better set up than me. He was getting 160 damage with just the initial slide tackle think where I'm only getting 30 or 40 for it. Think I'll definitely have to revisit the skill tree today. After the first few times doing it I started to use the auto fill function. I think theorin lies the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Whilst getting thrashed on World 3-4 I decided to look at the level on utube and the person playing it had a much better set up than me. He was getting 160 damage with just the initial slide tackle think where I'm only getting 30 or 40 for it. Think I'll definitely have to revisit the skill tree today. After the first few times doing it I started to use the auto fill function. I think theorin lies the problem.

Your movement is nearly more important than your weapon strength. With Rabbid Luigi, with his Vampire ability, you heal for 160 for each slide tackle, so two tackles will get you back to full health and a good push or honey weapon will keep enemies from getting too close.

chrislad wrote: »
    Your movement is nearly more important than your weapon strength. With Rabbid Luigi, with his Vampire ability, you heal for 160 for each slide tackle, so two tackles will get you back to full health and a good push or honey weapon will keep enemies from getting too close.
    Thanks. Yeah I'm doin it all wrong. It's my first time to play a game of this type so a bit of a learning curve. Plus I'm back working so play time has reduced dramatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

Me too, I just went through, even did a mission on easy. The weapons it unlocked made World 4 fairly easy too, so far.

I'll go back later.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Me too, I just went through, even did a mission on easy. The weapons it unlocked made World 4 fairly easy too, so far.

I'll go back later.
    Havent hit that easy button yet. Shame....... Shame....... Shame.......

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

First DLC drops tomorrow (challenge maps)

The next DLC (story content) has a date of January 16th 2018,

http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-patch-out-now-first-part-of-dlc-dropping-tomorrow-part-two-in-january/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mario and Rabbids is getting a Versus mode tomorrow, which is a competitive multiplayer mode that allows two players go head to head locally.

Oh and it's also free.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,351 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Here's the trailer for the update.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - Versus Mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym8QAzF8oF4

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Fantastic! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭antifyre

This is gonna make Christmas hilarious and filled with cursing....(That they are dropping this separate and for nada, must mean they are fairly confident on the next story mission....)

• Advertisement

Famitsu reviewed the Japanese version of this game and gave it a very positive score.

9/8/9/10

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Donkey Kong Adventure Gameplay Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_xgvjVYEBHE

"Separated from her friends, the unforgettable Rabbid Peach will team up with two new heroes with very unique abilities to save the day: the banana-loving hero Donkey Kong and the stubborn Rabbid Cranky in Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle’s new DLC, Donkey Kong Adventure!

Donkey Kong is the iconic hero of this DLC. “When we first started working on Donkey Kong as a new character for a new story of Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, we started to think about how he would impact the battle system,” says Davide Soliani, Creative Director at Ubisoft Milan. “He has big arms, so we wanted to use them extensively through the combat. And he’s a gorilla, so it makes sense for him to have more mobility options.” This resulted in giving Donkey Kong a powerful grab-and-throw skill that propels friends, foes, and cover stones. He can also travel in the air by jumping from one dandelion to another! You can even chain together new moves like swinging with dandelions or climbing high grounds to conquer your foes.

When you play as Rabbid Cranky, you have the gift of shooting enemies mid-air and re-gaining energy by taking naps!

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Donkey Kong Adventure DLC will be available for download exclusively on Nintendo Switch™ as a part of the Season Pass or as a standalone purchase."

https://rabbids.ubisoft.com/portal/en-gb/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-322769-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Excellent, warrants a reinstall then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

The gold edition is getting a physical release to coincide with the DK DLC. Really tempted to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I really have to get back to playing this

Advertisement