Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc securewatch, wireless?

Options
  • 12-06-2017 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hello,
    I've recently moved to a new house and the alarm that is fitted is a Hkc securewatch. I want to find out if the model I have is wireless? Or can be converted to wireless. The wires in the current system are a mess and I want to install wireless sensors if posible.
    See photos below.
    Board

Panel

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Murray13 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I've recently moved to a new house and the alarm that is fitted is a Hkc securewatch. I want to find out if the model I have is wireless? Or can be converted to wireless. The wires in the current system are a mess and I want to install wireless sensors if posible.
    See photos below.
    Board

Panel

Thanks!

Thats a 8/12 Securewatch system you have.
    The Securewave system is the one that you can add wire free devices too.

You have a few fee zones in that panel if you wanted to add a quickbridge plus wirefree devices to it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hello,
    See photos below.
    Board

Panel

Thanks!

Whats the wiring around the house like?
    If the property is pre-wired its just the panel that needs a little TLC.
    It wouldn't take much to tidy that up.
    Plenty of options if you do want to upgrade to wireless,

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Murray13

Thanks for the replies.
    I am having all the wiring redone in the house and I would like to use wireless sensors on all doors and windows.
    @koolkid The alarm we have works fine but the wires for the alarm have been installed badly and are blocking windows from opening fully, getting in the way of hinges, etc. Replacing the current system fully is probably not possible with our budget right now.

@altor I have 3 doors and 10 windows. I would prefer to use the system I have and replace ALL the sensors with wireless. Do you think that is possible with the quick bridge?
    We will be adding some more doors and windows in the coming months and I figure wireless would be much cleaner to install.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

To add wireless devices onto your existing system would be a little messy. You would have to have a separate wireless quickbridge receiver and then wire from that into the panel.
    For jobs like this we would use the GSD i1070 hybrid panel. It would allow you to add and mix wired and wireless devices.
    https://app.box.com/s/w9nrem10jzuq8pe991mv4ckucnt8fqom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

So you now want the OP, who specifically said that he/ she cannot afford a new alarm to rip out a perfectly functioning HKC panel?
    And of course not to replace it with a HKC 10/70 which as you well know is hybrid also.
    So much for giving all options 🀣

• Advertisement

Are you just going to rant in every thread. You haven't even posted an opinion.
    That's why I started off asking the condition of the existing wiring etc. The cost and mess of adding a quick bridge receiver and separate sensors would be eqcually as costly.
    He's trying to tidy up the job not make it more complicated.

So why would the OP consider another manufacturers control panel?

He needs wireless either way, why wouldn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Murray13

I want to get rid of all wires to windows and doors.
    What kind of price are we talking retro fit current system to be wirefree including all sensors(with quick bridge) V's buying a whole new wire free system (SecureWave)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Op you can add a quik bridge to your perfectly working 8/12 panel to allow additional sensors.
    If having the house rewired you should keep wired sensors and break up the zones as much as possible. You can also add point ID wired smart sensors

HKC also have a module that will allow you to control your alarm system from a smart phone app using the mobile phone network which will continue to work during a power outage. Search for the HKC app on YouTube.

Cost wise you'd be better off replacing the panel with a HKC 10/70 then to use a quik bridge.
    The HKC 10/70 is the 8/12s replacement

• Advertisement

I want to get rid of all wires to windows and doors.
    What kind of price are we talking retro fit current system to be wirefree including all sensors(with quick bridge) V's buying a whole new wire free system (SecureWave)

As you said, you want to tidy up the whole system. If the surface wiring is poor there is no point taking down the existing sensors and replacing with point ID as suggested. This will still require the existing wiring.
    Using a quick bridge is an option but it's making the panel end of the job a bit messy and more complicated.
    Are you looking at installing this yourself or getting a professional in.
    Equipment wise there wouldn't be a lot of difference between adding a quick bridge vs Panel and Keypad.
    As always, shop around and get a few quotes if you are going for a professional installation.
    If you are looking at apps etc definitely shop around prices here vary from free right up to €18 a month etc. You could very well end up tied to payments for the life of the system that will cost significantly more than the installation itself.

KoolKid wrote: »
    As you said, you want to tidy up the whole system. If the surface wiring is poor there is no point taking down the existing sensors and replacing with point ID as suggested. This will still require the existing wiring.
    Using a quick bridge is an option but it's making the panel end of the job a bit messy and more complicated.
    Are you looking at installing this yourself or getting a professional in.
    Equipment wise there wouldn't be a lot of difference between adding a quick bridge vs Panel and Keypad.
    As always, shop around and get a few quotes if you are going for a professional installation.
    If you are looking at apps etc definitely shop around prices here vary from free right up to €18 a month etc. You could very well end up tied to payments for the life of the system that will cost significantly more than the installation itself.

You should probably read the part of my post re the house bring rewired.
    Get lost with your Free this and that tales I've covered it all in my post . Your free systems won't work in a power outage

KoolKid wrote:
    He needs wireless either way, why wouldn't he?

In his OP he mentioned Securewave, HKC make those.
    Again you have failed to give the OP all the options, but you keep saying you do.

You don't end of story.

I mentioned free all the way up, and ye still come back complaing about free .. Are you just going to drag up your same row for every thread?
    It's really getting boring now..
    People will choose what they want get over it.
    UTC, Risco, Visonic and Pyronix etc also do wireless. Didn't see you offer anything other than your sponsors HKC.
    I'd say people are seeing through all the free promotional posts at this stage.

KoolKid wrote:
    As always, shop around and get a few quotes if you are going for a professional installation. If you are looking at apps etc definitely shop around prices here vary from free right up to €18 a month etc. You could very well end up tied to payments for the life of the system that will cost significantly more than the installation itself.

Would you mind please notifying the OP of the implications of FREE.

Evolution 1, do HKC pay you to tell folk here how flexible and good their products are?

Because if they do, as KK mentioned I am very disappointed I am not getting payed by them

kub wrote: »
    Would you mind please notifying the OP of the implications of FREE.

I'll make you a deal. I will post the vulnerabilities of everything in every post when you post all the vulnerabilities of everything you offer in every post.

Now we can do this circle for you in every post you want to drag it up in or we can move on , post our own recommendations and let the posters decides.

KoolKid wrote:
    Now we can do this circle for you in every post you want to drag it up in or we can move on , post our own recommendations and let the posters decides.

AH so you are admitting now that you will not give people all the options, just anything that is not HKC.

KoolKid wrote:
    I'll make you a deal. I will post the vulnerabilities of everything in every post when you post all the vulnerabilities of everything you offer in every post.

I have told you, you mention free and I will ask you to please notify whom ever you are offering it too on a public forum the vulnerabilities of that.

God I wish HKC would sponsor me. Wonder what could I get out of them ? KK do you think I should ask them to sponsor me ? Oh jeez I dunno. I mean they do sell the most popular and reliable system in the country !

Yes KK please go into detail about how your free system will alert end users in the event of a power fail. Also go into detail about how the system will alert them should they go out of 3G/4G coverage ? How will they get alerts then ?

• Advertisement

I have told you, you mention free and I will ask you to please notify whom ever you are offering it too on a public forum the vulnerabilities of that.

And I will list vulnerabilities on everything I mention when you do likewise with all your options.
    We have been around this over & over . Every system & every form of notifications has vulnerabilities. Every sensor .every contact every bell every dialler etc etc etc. Are you going to drag up every vulnerability on every thread?
    All the information on the apps is in the sticky. Really no need for to drag every thread into the same silly argument just because you system of choice has no free option while all others do.

I told you on that thread I would pick you every time you mention free or fail to do what you claim and give people all the options.
    So why are you surprised?

Now also, please tell me this, while we are here on the public forum, why is it that you have chosen not to enter a debate with me in the private installers forum?
    Is that because you feel you have to perform out here?

KoolKid wrote:
    And I will list vulnerabilities on everything I mention when you do likewise with all your options. We have been around this over & over . Every system & every form of notifications has vulnerabilities. Every sensor .every contact every bell every dialler etc etc etc. Are you going to drag up every vulnerability on every thread? All the information on the apps is in the sticky. Really no need for to drag every thread into the same silly argument just because you system of choice has no free option while all others do.

Oh and the most vulnerable are the free ones.
    Now as Evolution pointed out some very interesting points above, would you please answer his quiries, because I am looking forward to your response

Evolution1 wrote: »

Yes KK please go into detail about how your free system will alert end users in the event of a power fail. Also go into detail about how the system will alert them should they go out of 3G/4G coverage ? How will they get alerts then ?

It really depends on what system you have set up. But I am more than happy to help you with the ones you don't seem to understand.
    You could have a voice dialler over PSTN line.
    You could have a GSM dialler .
    You could use a wireless/GPRS ISP provider that would not be reliant on mains power.
    Very presumptuous for you to come onto a public forum stating that all free options , or options without subscriptions would not work without mains power when you do not know the configuration of any given job.
    Its amazing what some people will say to promote one system.
    As you know there are other options for Apps with GPRS back up if users are happy to pay for subscriptions.
    There is plenty of information in the sticky here that might help you.
    You may also find this post helpful in the comparison on the paid GSM/GPRS back up options.
    If you have any further questions on this it might be more beneficial to all if you posted them in the sticky.;)

Now also, please tell me this, while we are here on the public forum, why is it that you have chosen not to enter a debate with me in the private installers forum?
    Is that because you feel you have to perform out here?
    I don't think you should be discussing the content of a private forum out here do you?
    We have done all the debate and you went around in circles, you still are.
    I have suggested numerous times adding any new information to the sticky.
    I noticed you haven't mentioned any of the vulnerabilities on your paid services.
    Notably this one where customers didn't get any notification their monitoring/notification service , which they are paying for, was down.:eek:
    Lets hope there is more redundancy when they start their own monitoring service shortly.

It really depends on what system you have set up. But I am more than happy to help you with the ones you don't seem to understand.
    You could have a voice dialler over PSTN line.
    You could have a GSM dialler .
    You could use a wireless/GPRS ISP provider that would not be reliant on mains power.
    Very presumptuous for you to come onto a public forum stating that all free options , or options without subscriptions would not work without mains power when you do not know the configuration of any given job.
    Its amazing what some people will say to promote one system.
    As you know there are other options for Apps with GPRS back up if users are happy to pay for subscriptions.
    There is plenty of information in the sticky here that might help you.
    You may also find this post helpful in the comparison on the paid GSM/GPRS back up options.
    If you have any further questions on this it might be more beneficial to all if you posted them in the sticky.;)

That seems very patronsing KK, please expand for me so, how do these super duper systems you peddle, that I might add provide Free notification and Free Apps.
    How do they notify you, if you are out of 3g and 4 g coverage?

Is it possible prey tell ?

Not trying to be patronising, just friendly. I find it much better than the aggressive guys who feel the need to jump into every post with the same questions that they really should know the answers to.
    I think you might need to do some research.
    Again I am not the one peddling one brand here so it would really depend on which system you use. There are really plenty to choose from when you do a bit of research.
    A Voice Dialler would notify you if you are out of data coverage
    A Text dialler would notify you if you were out of 3/4G coverage
    Emails can be received without coverage on your phone.
    There are multiple other options to convert different notifications to text/voice as you well know but you never seem keen on telling anyone about them.
    Not to mention all those free messaging centres around. Oh wait, we better not talk about them here they are free, what about some peoples ongoing subscriptions.:eek:

I don't think you should be discussing the content of a private forum out here do you?
    We have done all the debate and you went around in circles, you still are.
    I have suggested numerous times adding any new information to the sticky.
    I noticed you haven't mentioned any of the vulnerabilities on your paid services.
    Notably this one where customers didn't get any notification their monitoring/notification service , which they are paying for, was down.:eek:
    Lets hope there is more redundancy when they start their own monitoring service shortly.

Well if you are not prepared to debate with me in there, well we will just have to debate out here then. I have not discussed anything in there, would you like me to cut and paste my invitation to you in there, you know the one you never responded too ? I have a feeling I might get a reaction out here amongst your fans and devoted followers :D.

The vulnerabilities of the payed services are way up the standard compared to the free false sense of security you are peddling.

Oh and with regard to that HKC Text thing, I don't suppose you were at any of the installer roadshow events were you? Of course you were not :rolleyes:
    anyway, word is anyone with that issue is to contact their installer.

As i previously said HKC are not ComReg, if people have an issue with what their phone lines can and cannot do any longer, they need to take it up with ComReg

Not trying to be patronising, just friendly. I find it much better than the aggressive guys who feel the need to jump into every post with the same questions that they really should know the answers to.
    I think you might need to do some research.
    Again I am not the one peddling one brand here so it would really depend on which system you use. There are really plenty to choose from when you do a bit of research.
    A Voice Dialler would notify you if you are out of data coverage
    A Text dialler would notify you if you were out of 3/4G coverage
    Emails can be received without coverage on your phone.
    There are multiple other options to convert different notifications to text/voice as you well know but you never seem keen on telling anyone about them.
    Not to mention all those free messaging centres around. Oh wait, we better not talk about them here they are free, what about some peoples ongoing subscriptions.:eek:

Well reading what you just wrote there, you have me smiling, so you are admitting in a roundabout way that the Free Notification cannot contact you so if you are out of 4g and 3g.
    Am I the agressive guy?
    Now KK you should know better than to be promoting things that at the rate of change in Irish telecommuncations will no longer be able to work soon.
    In order for a text to get to you, then you have to pay a subscription to someone, see that is not free, so is it relevant?
    I don't need to peddle any brand, I use the best manufacturers systems as i want to give my customers quality so we use Vanderbilt and HKC.
    Now what is so upsetting about Vanderbilt or is it just HKC that upsets you?

• Advertisement

So you just wish to highlight the issues with free services & not the paid ones.
    Or maybe just not the HKC ones...
    So are you just going to hijack everyone's thread for your own agenda?
    Why not just start your own thread?

Oh and with regard to that HKC Text thing, I don't suppose you were at any of the installer roadshow events were you? Of course you were not :rolleyes:
    anyway, word is anyone with that issue is to contact their installer.

As i previously said HKC are not ComReg, if people have an issue with what their phone lines can and cannot do any longer, they need to take it up with ComReg

Your presumption knows no ends. You just presume what events I attend or not.I might head to ISEC soon. Better keep my receipt I suppose just in case I need to prove anything.
    So now a customer paying for a notification service has to notify their installer if the service goes down. I for one would prefer to be notifying the customer first if they are paying for a service thats not working. As it was mentioned at the road shows its clearly known about. Many thanks for confirming that. So if you knew about an issue with a customers comms connections would you not be the one notifying them?:confused:
    Ant then you pass the buck to Comreg? :eek: Customers kine has a problem & they have no monitoring service & your response is they need to take it up with com reg.
    I have to say that is a very poor attitude towards a paying customer.
    And when the free options go down they send a notification within a few minutes. People are finding out about this weeks later.:eek:

Advertisement