Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc securewatch, wireless?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

kub wrote: »
    Well reading what you just wrote there, you have me smiling, so you are admitting in a roundabout way that the Free Notification cannot contact you so if you are out of 4g and 3g.
    Am I the agressive guy?
    Now KK you should know better than to be promoting things that at the rate of change in Irish telecommuncations will no longer be able to work soon.
    In order for a text to get to you, then you have to pay a subscription to someone, see that is not free, so is it relevant?
    I don't need to peddle any brand, I use the best manufacturers systems as i want to give my customers quality so we use Vanderbilt and HKC.
    Now what is so upsetting about Vanderbilt or is it just HKC that upsets you?

You appear to be a little confused..
    A voice dialler give a free notification would you not receive that if you were put of 3/4g coverage..
    As for other text/alert options you really need to do some research. There are lots of options out there that can be free. There are also lot of other options that can give you alerts & app back up for a lot less than €60 per year.
    Vanderbilt have an option of a 3G GSM dialler as a back up for the app & text notifications etc. That works out cheaper than €60 per year with the fastest polling around. How come we never see you promoting them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

KoolKid wrote: »
    So you just wish to highlight the issues with free services & not the paid ones.
    Or maybe just not the HKC ones...
    So are you just going to hijack everyone's thread for your own agenda?
    Why not just start your own thread?

Your presumption knows no ends. You just presume what events I attend or not.I might head to ISEC soon. Better keep my receipt I suppose just in case I need to prove anything.
    So now a customer paying for a notification service has to notify their installer if the service goes down. I for one would prefer to be notifying the customer first if they are paying for a service thats not working. As it was mentioned at the road shows its clearly known about. Many thanks for confirming that. So if you knew about an issue with a customers comms connections would you not be the one notifying them?:confused:
    Ant then you pass the buck to Comreg? :eek: Customers kine has a problem & they have no monitoring service & your response is they need to take it up with com reg.
    I have to say that is a very poor attitude towards a paying customer.
    And when the free options go down they send a notification within a few minutes. People are finding out about this weeks later.:eek:

Right, your first question, I have told you a lot of times and i will keep telling you until it sinks in that if you mention the word Free, I will come on, whatever thread you are on and i will ensure you spell out the vulnerabilites to that persons ' security :rolleyes:' system. Basic vulnerabilities at that.

BUT I DID START MY OWN THREAD IN THE PRIVATE FORUM, WHY ARE YOU NOT DEBATING WITH ME IN THERE? IS IT STAGE FRIGHT..
    I put that thread up in there as soon as Stoner closed the other one, but i am sure you know that already.

I am not talking about ISEC, I am talking about HKC's roadshow and you know it too, or maybe you don't :D

The issue with informing the customer first in this reagrd is, you would need a crystal ball to know what areas will be affected which no one knows.
    Oh but you are that wonderful, I suppose you can sense these things, be quite you are sounding silly now.

Who is talking about Monitoring? Who mentioned Monitoring please?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

It really depends on what system you have set up. But I am more than happy to help you with the ones you don't seem to understand.
    You could have a voice dialler over PSTN line.
    You could have a GSM dialler .
    You could use a wireless/GPRS ISP provider that would not be reliant on mains power.
    Very presumptuous for you to come onto a public forum stating that all free options , or options without subscriptions would not work without mains power when you do not know the configuration of any given job.
    Its amazing what some people will say to promote one system.
    As you know there are other options for Apps with GPRS back up if users are happy to pay for subscriptions.
    There is plenty of information in the sticky here that might help you.
    You may also find this post helpful in the comparison on the paid GSM/GPRS back up options.
    If you have any further questions on this it might be more beneficial to all if you posted them in the sticky.;)

No you're grand I don't think anyone here would look for your "help". Yes we are aware that you can pay for backups for the free systems or else's they won't work in the event of a power fail. So they aren't FREE !!!

Phone lines are not free ( line rental costs more than HKCs basic package) you won't get alerts of a line cut. Who even uses landlines. It's silly to think a home owner will have a landline installed just to allow the alarm dial out as a backup

GSM diallers are not free as they require SIM cards.

Wireless gprs/isps are again not free.

I don't get your point here ? You've confirmed that unless paying for another option your free push notifications won't reach your device if the mains is gone or the phone line cut.

Virgin. Useless for mains backup even with a UPS
    Sky/Eir/Vodafone . Useless with a pair of snips
    Imagine WiMAX . Useless with a pair of snips

You're the one trying to hide all the facts and offer a free system which are useless should the power go simply because you have an issue with HKC. The rest of us are offering a system which will work regardless of broadband and yes it costs €4.99 per month. Covers voice push notifictions and SMS alerts
    Are you going to hijack every thread with your free free free nonsense ? Do you see me going into the Siemens or visonic thread and preaching to use HKC gear ?

You appear to be a little confused..
    A voice dialler give a free notification would you not receive that if you were put of 3/4g coverage..
    As for other text/alert options you really need to do some research. There are lots of options out there that can be free. There are also lot of other options that can give you alerts & app back up for a lot less than ?60 per year.
    Vanderbilt have an option of a 3G GSM dialler as a back up for the app & text notifications etc. That works out cheaper than ?60 per year with the fastest polling around. How come we never see you promoting them?

ME CONFUSED, NOT AT ALL, MORE LIKE YOU ARE. Here you are tonight blowing about voice diallers and free text alerts while last night in response to a query on another thread here, you said;

KoolKid
    white_star_4.gif

Adverts | Friends
    Mod: Information Security, GPS, Mobile Application, Plumbing & Heating

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spongerobinson viewpost.gif
    Would also be curious to know this. Had a SecureText system stop working recently with Vodafone. Had opted out of their VOIP changeover. Latest phone bill shows when the alarm goes off, it's dialing out to the HKC number over and over again, until it presumably gives up.

All phone lines are eventually going like this.Too many providers & too many variables.The landlines days are numbered.Time to move on

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You are a funny man

Oh and in case you forgot, it is the last post of this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057751064

ME CONFUSED, NOT AT ALL, MORE LIKE YOU ARE. Here you are tonight blowing about voice diallers and free text alerts while last night in response to a query on another thread here, you said;

KoolKid
    white_star_4.gif

Adverts | Friends
    Mod: Information Security, GPS, Mobile Application, Plumbing & Heating

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spongerobinson viewpost.gif
    Would also be curious to know this. Had a SecureText system stop working recently with Vodafone. Had opted out of their VOIP changeover. Latest phone bill shows when the alarm goes off, it's dialing out to the HKC number over and over again, until it presumably gives up.

All phone lines are eventually going like this.Too many providers & too many variables.The landlines days are numbered.Time to move on

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You are a funny man

Copped that myself today ! Funny man is right 🀣😂🀣😂

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Right, your first question, I have told you a lot of times and i will keep telling you until it sinks in that if you mention the word Free, I will come on, whatever thread you are on and i will ensure you spell out the vulnerabilites to that persons ' security :rolleyes:' system. Basic vulnerabilities at that.
    And yet you don't mention your own vulnerabilities with your system of choice.
    Nice sales speel yet again.
    All systems have vulnerabilities, yet you just happen to keep homing in on the ones your system of choice doesn't offer . Even after I have shown various options both free & paid for that are equal to or cheaper & equal to or better in notifications , you still harp back to the same thing, almost to the point of obsession at this stage.
    BUT I DID START MY OWN THREAD IN THE PRIVATE FORUM, WHY ARE YOU NOT DEBATING WITH ME IN THERE? IS IT STAGE FRIGHT..
    I put that thread up in there as soon as Stoner closed the other one, but i am sure you know that already.
    I know & I have no interest in it. I have told you that numerous times. It must be really bothering you.If it makes you feel better coming out with stage fright etc, go ahead.If you want to keep debating it out here go ahead. But I'm sure people will get bored with this hijacking of every thread just for your own obvious agenda.
    I am not talking about ISEC, I am talking about HKC's roadshow and you know it too, or maybe you don't :D
    Was there meant to be a question here? Apologies , I'm not sure what point your trying to make.
    The issue with informing the customer first in this reagrd is, you would need a crystal ball to know what areas will be affected which no one knows.
    Oh but you are that wonderful, I suppose you can sense these things, be quite you are sounding silly now.
    But it was brought up at the road show so they do know about it.Simple solution here is notify everyone and ask them to test.
    What would you do if there was an issue with customers test calls over a PSTN line?
    Blame comreg & everyone else.?
    If this was any other company you would be over it like a rash. Sure you hopped onto this thread to have a go at Vanderbilt /Siemens for something that was local to one customer.
    Who is talking about Monitoring? Who mentioned Monitoring please?
    All of us apparently.

If you are going to quote me please do it right. (Anyway I tidied it up for you.;)
    Yes I said that , the whole world knows it. But we still use whats there.
    Have you no systems still monitored over PSTN?
    Lots of things we are using now are on the way out.whats your point?

And yet you don't mention your own vulnerabilities with your system of choice.
    Nice sales speel yet again.
    All systems have vulnerabilities, yet you just happen to keep homing in on the ones your system of choice doesn't offer . Even after I have shown various options both free & paid for that are equal to or cheaper & equal to or better in notifications , you still harp back to the same thing, almost to the point of obsession at this stage..

I know now after that post above that you are getting very confused.
    'My own vulnerabilities with my system of choice' what like some sort of a physological issue is it ?

All systems do have vulnerabilities, just so happens that the Free ones you promote have the most and easiest vulnerabilities.
    As long as you are going to refuse to enter into debate in the private forum, then i will keep persisting in following you up out here.
    Oh and note too that some of your paid options are as you said yourself, on the way out :rolleyes:

I know & I have no interest in it. I have told you that numerous times. It must be really bothering you.If it makes you feel better coming out with stage fright etc, go ahead.If you want to keep debating it out here go ahead. But I'm sure people will get bored with this hijacking of every thread just for your own obvious agenda.

I will indeed keep picking you u out here when you start coming out with those Free notifications and also if not surprisingly one of those Free notifications goes down

Was there meant to be a question here? Apologies , I'm not sure what point your trying to make.

I doubt you would waste your time going, although you might, i can just picture you walking up and down outside with a placard :D

• Advertisement

I know now after that post above that you are getting very confused.
    'My own vulnerabilities with my system of choice' what like some sort of a physological issue is it ?

All systems do have vulnerabilities, just so happens that the Free ones you promote have the most and easiest vulnerabilities.
    As long as you are going to refuse to enter into debate in the private forum, then i will keep persisting in following you up out here.
    Oh and note too that some of your paid options are as you said yourself, on the way out :rolleyes:

We have done the debate, we have gone over both the free options & the paid options. But you also ignore the paid options because there are cheaper comparable options to what you are offering.
    We have debated about the free options. A poster even came on your last thread and told you what he wanted & what he didn't & you still went on.
    We even wend down the all comms fail options where your system of choice doesn't notify you for 90 minutes etc ,. But you just keep bouncing back to the word that upsets you so much FREE.
    Yes there are free options, yes there are multiple paid option & there appear to be lots in between you either don't know about our don't understand.
    No if you want to start another debate feel free to start another thread & we'll do it all again. But its really getting boring at this stage & I would like to move on with helping people here.

But it was brought up at the road show so they do know about it.Simple solution here is notify everyone and ask them to test.
    What would you do if there was an issue with customers test calls over a PSTN line?
    Blame comreg & everyone else.?
    If this was any other company you would be over it like a rash. Sure you hopped onto this thread to have a go at Vanderbilt /Siemens for something that was local to one customer.

No i would not blame everyone else, see a few posts back you recommended voice diallers, knowing, as you did last night that these would not work into the future, that is not too professional now is it?

No i jumped onto that thread as that was the result of what can happen when the Free option is used.

All of us apparently.

No we are discussing notification not professional monitoring, because that costs money.

If you are going to quote me please do it right. (Anyway I tidied it up for you.;)
    Yes I said that , the whole world knows it. But we still use whats there.
    Have you no systems still monitored over PSTN?
    Lots of things we are using now are on the way out.whats your point?

Is it the way you cannot remember what you post or what?

When we discussed failure of notifcations in the event of your device being out of 3g and 4 g coverage, your solution was a voice dialler and a text dialler, both of which may not currently and most certaily will not work soon, so what was your point in bringing them into the equation?

We have done the debate, we have gone over both the free options & the paid options. But you also ignore the paid options because there are cheaper comparable options to what you are offering.
    We have debated about the free options. A poster even came on your last thread and told you what he wanted & what he didn't & you still went on.
    We even wend down the all comms fail options where your system of choice doesn't notify you for 90 minutes etc ,. But you just keep bouncing back to the word that upsets you so much FREE.
    Yes there are free options, yes there are multiple paid option & there appear to be lots in between you either don't know about our don't understand.
    No if you want to start another debate feel free to start another thread & we'll do it all again. But its really getting boring at this stage & I would like to move on with helping people here.

Oh yes that is right, the poster who could not log on here for a few days because his broadband was in trouble, that same broadband that you were recommending for his self free notification.
    Again, not really too professional that is it?

What are these cheaper comparable offerings again please? How could they be comparable when they are not connected to a superior system?

Which is my system of choice? HKC or Vanderbilt?

I do keep bouncing back to Free, because it is not real security that you as a so called professional is offering people.

Again for the 3rd time, there is a thread in the Private Forum just awaiting your input.

I understand all options, you need not worry about what I know or don't.

KK you haven't a clue with regard to HKCs polling times do you ? Log in via your SmartLink account and you'll see the polling times

With regards to vulnerabilities what exactly would you like to know ?

Mod Edit.

These comments were offered as an option, but I'm removing them anyway as some might view them as Ott

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Lads, Kub and Koolkid,

you guys have a private forum to try to reduce the amount of derails.

I had to ask you both to not post in a thread last week too.

Please sort your differences out somewhere else.

Time to take a break for a few days each .

Note the addition to the charter on three strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Secure Solutions

Evolution1, which panel / system are you referring to as Koolkid system of choice that has problems?

Will discuss with you in the private thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Secure Solutions

I am not currently in the private thread, sent enquiry to join but not sure of process or who to talk to.
    If you have identified legimate problems, why not clarify here?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I am not currently in the private thread, sent enquiry to join but not sure of process or who to talk to.

Send me a PM and I will provide you with details of how to gain access.

If you have identified legimate problems, why not clarify here?

Because these discussions have been repeated on this forum many times frequently resulting in threads being derailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Murray13

Thanks for the replies folks.
    I had an electrican out to take a look and be advised to go wired for simplicity and to reuse our current system. It seems like the cost and hassle of changing batteries in the wire free systems is something to consider.
    Is worth mention we are rewiring the whole house and drylining the walls so wires can easily be hidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Murray13 wrote: »
    I had an electrican out to take a look and be advised to go wired for simplicity and to reuse our current system. It seems like the cost and hassle of changing batteries in the wire free systems is something to consider.
    Is worth mention we are rewiring the whole house and drylining the walls so wires can easily be hidden.

That is the better option if wires can be installed and protected.

Murray13 wrote: »

Thanks for the update.
    That would seem like the better option in that case alright.

Makes sense. Ask your electrician to split up as many zones as possible. Don't settle for front windows / back windows ect. You want to know exactly what window/door triggered the alarm.

Some ideas

Wire for 12v smokes ( they'll trigger the alarm)
    Wire for a siren downstairs and upstairs
    Wire for beams in as many rooms as possible /affordable for reliable alarm confirmation these can be looped as your panel supports smart point ID sensors.
    Wire for any extra keypads or panic buttons.

Murray13 wrote:
    Thanks for the replies folks. I had an electrican out to take a look and be advised to go wired for simplicity and to reuse our current system. It seems like the cost and hassle of changing batteries in the wire free systems is something to consider. Is worth mention we are rewiring the whole house and drylining the walls so wires can easily be hidden.

That is great OP, there is plenty of life in that control panel yet and I am glad you are availing of it.

Advertisement