Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunchtime parking Dublin city centre

• 13-06-2017 6:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

I haven't parked a motorbike in town for a few years.
    Can anyone recommend safe on or off street parking within a few minutes walk of O'Connell street and Henry Street Junction.
    I've a selection of chains and locks but I've had bikes robbed in the past even with these and I want to avoid parking tickets too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Zebbedee wrote: »
    I haven't parked a motorbike in town for a few years.
    Can anyone recommend safe on or off street parking within a few minutes walk of O'Connell street and Henry Street Junction.
    I've a selection of chains and locks but I've had bikes robbed in the past even with these and I want to avoid parking tickets too.

There's motorbike parking on the road between the gpo and pennys just off O'Connell street.

I havn't parked there myself but there always seems to be bikes there and there is usually a Guard around too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,030 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    There's motorbike parking on the road between the gpo and pennys just off O'Connell street.

I havn't parked there myself but there always seems to be bikes there and there is usually a Guard around too

It's the main cash route out of the GPO, plenty of Gardai and CCTV. Not that scumbags are worried about CCTV.

Del2005 wrote: »
    It's the main cash route out of the GPO, plenty of Gardai and CCTV. Not that scumbags are worried about CCTV.

Has he got valid insurance though?
    His bike might have mods, they may not pay out???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I often park there. But one time a delivery guy stopped my topbox from being opened with a screw driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hi I've always parked up on paths or motorbike bays but suggest have at minimum 2 good lock and lock to a decent pole.

If a path always make sure wide and use lamp post to fix to.and also help hide its space taken if you me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement