Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland's Got Talent!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

wil wrote: »
    A bit anti-climactic. Needs golden ahem.......

What do they call that cloudburst of gold foil that they do in all the other GTs?
    Tickertape!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Has Dustin sneaked off to tv 3

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Solo performers don't stand a chance of winning,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

Gosh the judges are really pushing Zacc and Paul Ryder. Both are great obviously but got more help with production than the dance groups got. So being on their own did benefit them in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

If Jason Byrne and Denise van outen wanted the drag queen act so much why didn't they put it in as the wild card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,319 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    Solo performers don't stand a chance of winning,

Which basically means all the singing acts (unless a choir was there)

Dance acts dominating is not good for the show at all, it's supposed to be variety with all types of acts in the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Brian017 wrote: »
    Tickertape!
    Wiki "Ticker tape technology became obsolete in the 1960s, as television and computers came into use for transmitting financial information.[5] Modern parades utilize waste office paper and toilet paper that have been cut using conventional paper shredders."

Yes, that sounds appropriate:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Icsics

Lucy sounded sick of it & wanted it over, fast. Her tone when announcing the winners was shocking

Terri26 wrote: »
    Gosh the judges are really pushing Zacc and Paul Ryder. Both are great obviously but got more help with production than the dance groups got. So being on their own did benefit them in that regard.
    Paul Rider should not have dumped the dancers who actually got him voted in to the final in the beginning. Very hard on those kids. !

Icsics wrote: »
    Lucy sounded sick of it & wanted it over, fast. Her tone when announcing the winners was shocking
    All she has done is make big brother fans realise how amazing Emma Willis is.

• Advertisement

Disgusted to see the clip put up on Facebook just now of Louis Walsh with hands in the air to other judges surprised that RDC won. They won fair and square. Give credit where credits due.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Farce of a competition. The more FB friends you have ensures ye get through. As some previous poster said the 100 member choir should win it next year.

Disgusted to see the clip put up on Facebook just now of Louis Walsh with hands in the air to other judges surprised that RDC won. They won fair and square. Give credit where credits due.

Any links?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

I thought it was very enjoyable the last few weeks. Nice to see the Irish version of it.

Lucy Kennedy was brutal, so bad i would of preferred Twink or someone else if we are that stuck for a host :pac:

Zacc reminds me of Amanda Knox to look at. :eek:

Well done, RDC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Hunchback wrote: »
    I love me some Michelle Visage

I didnt like her at the start but love her now. She made a serious effort to get in on our humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

We really enjoyed the shows leading up to the final, but last night it should have been called Ireland's got dancing talent. It was a shocking line up for a variety show. Just my opinion though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

sorry lost touch with this show but I did see a very good Country singer[golden buzzer from Lucy] when I looked at the final acts in the paper he wasn't there, what happened to him ? full sure he'd win, can't believe a Dance act won come on give someone with a real talent a chance for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

decky1 wrote: »
    sorry lost touch with this show but I did see a very good Country singer[golden buzzer from Lucy] when I looked at the final acts in the paper he wasn't there, what happened to him ? full sure he'd win, can't believe a Dance act won come on give someone with a real talent a chance for once.

He was in the semi final and to be honest he was out of tune!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Just catching up with this weeks shows. Overall a good series, I feel Lucy was a disaster all week (could just be bad timing issues). Fully agree way to many dance acts in the final. Not sure if I like or don't like Jason as a judge.

My final issue the stage floor in the Helix is way to shiny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

fritzelly wrote: »
    Whats that 2 grand each?

I'd imagine the instructor is getting a chunk of that prize money :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Just catching up with this weeks shows. Overall a good series, I feel Lucy was a disaster all week (could just be bad timing issues). Fully agree way to many dance acts in the final. Not sure if I like or don't like Jason as a judge.

I think Lucy was out of her depth as a presenter (not trying to be mean just don't think she's suited for that type of role)

will56 wrote: »
    I think Lucy was out of her depth as a presenter (not trying to be mean just don't think she's suited for that type of role)

I think Lucy is the least of the problems in all of this. Maybe next year they might be able to stagger the heats so that more singers, musicians, dog acts, comedians, gymnasts etc can get a look in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

will56 wrote: »
    For a couple of episodes all she seemed to say when coming on stage to the act was "good woman"...she was awkward and stilted....also her range of pant suits were shocking!

I actually thought the final was pretty solid (considering how bad some of the semi acts were - that comedian in particular...horrendous) but it was shame only singing and dance acts made it through though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

gmisk wrote: »
    For a couple of episodes all she seemed to say when coming on stage to the act was "good woman"...she was awkward and stilted....also her range of pant suits were shocking!

It's something I meant to post during the week. I am a guy and generally don't really care but I found the styling to be poor during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

It's something I meant to post during the week. I am a guy and generally don't really care but I found the styling to be poor during the week.

I was sure you were a female lol. but totallly agree. .her stylist needs sacking. .She looked godawful and I really liked Lucy on Live at 7pm. or whatever it was called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

I was wondering cud TV3 make this profitable, production levels must cost a fortune,the 4 gimps get paid more than they Shud(guessing here);Lucy on a bit,the rights must cost and probably a Max of 5/600 k viewership. Ads and phone calls add up,but could they make it pay?. PS;did the acts have to pay their own expenses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

DrumSteve wrote: »
    If your applying next year make sure there is at least 50 of you.

Do the other 49 have to be visible :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Average 350k viewers, an expensive punt for TV3 not knowing the relicencing costs

I'm actually surprised it's back for a second season, a beauty from All Ireland Talent Show (check some YT vids, was far better talent back then)

Can't find a better quality one, but it makes you smile!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Just watching tv late at night and switched over to Ireland AM repeat on TV3, The winner Billie Jean and her 2 daughters were on, no one else from the dance company were on from as much as I could see. I know there is an angle to reporting but making it about a family is weird for a multiple person dance troop.

I am not sure what day the original interview was on tv

• Advertisement

Lucy's golden buzzer act hunky Chris King is going to try and break the Country Music scene in Ireland, move over Nathan Carter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

decky1 wrote: »

Susan Boyle lost out to a dance act, afaik Diversity!
    Average 350k viewers, an expensive punt for TV3 not knowing the relicencing costs

I'm actually surprised it's back for a second season, a beauty from All Ireland Talent Show (check some YT vids, was far better talent back then)

Can't find a better quality one, but it makes you smile!

Is the show gonna be repeated on ITV2?
    Should get money for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Ireland really didnt have much talent, did it?

Try_harder wrote: »

it gets a bit worn out, when Louis walsh says, "Im gonna make you a star" :rolleyes:

it gets a bit worn out, when Louis walsh says, "Im gonna make you a star" :rolleyes:

Hows Kerri Ann getting on these days? Did she get perm in Pennys after?

It had loads. But only certain acts got through for some reason.

• Advertisement

Didnt see any good talent passed over tbf

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    Just watching tv late at night and switched over to Ireland AM repeat on TV3, The winner Billie Jean and her 2 daughters were on, no one else from the dance company were on from as much as I could see. I know there is an angle to reporting but making it about a family is weird for a multiple person dance troop.

I am not sure what day the original interview was on tv
    Billie jean featured all her dancers constantly in interviews. Unlike Paul Rider who dumped the dancers who got him through the first round which was ignorant hurtful and extremely upsetting for the kids.

Didnt see any good talent passed over tbf
    I'm talking about the auditions.

I doubt TV3 would exclude more talented acts- that doesnt make any sense.

Have you actual examples? How do you know?

Show was dominated by dancers and singers with just an handful of variety acts - makes you wonder did they have some kind of agenda for the show.
    Compare it to BGT where there is wide range of acts from the auditions to the final

• Advertisement

No point in going into it now. It's over. Plenty of amazing acts didn't get through. Pity really. Am delighted the act that won was encouraging and kind to said pupils. That was nice.

Show was dominated by dancers and singers with just an handful of variety acts - makes you wonder did they have some kind of agenda for the show.
    Compare it to BGT where there is wide range of acts from the auditions to the final

Reckon that the quality was just really poor - like a regional audition in the uk

Afaik, i read today that it's been shown daily on 5Star :confused:
    At least they have somewhere to go now, with Brexit on nx yr :D

The winner's story now on VM1

Bit boring to be honest - more like an extended intro piece to the main show, at least BGT is back tonight

And a quarter million pounds - very nice for the solo/duo artists

Dire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The judges talk shoite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭breadmond

Is it just me or was that a ****e singing performance

• Advertisement
Advertisement