Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's Got Talent!

Options
1363738394042»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,506 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

fritzelly wrote: »
    Twitter and Facebook blowing up with peeps saying fix and they should never have won, gotta agree, weak dance group

I often wonder how many of these people actually vote!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,476 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I often wonder how many of these people actually vote!

Dunno, not many supporting them. Don't know why they don't have the app voting here, maybe money maker with the phones. Suffice to say they were not a popular choice even going by the comments here, thought they were very average if not even that

• Registered Users Posts: 33,748 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Jennifer Aniston is great in the Horrible Bosses films

The scenes with her are my favourite :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

I’m still back at that GOD AWFUL CRINGE INDUCING supposed Irish dancer jake o Shea, I truly didn’t know whether it was dirty dancing, river dance or what it was he was doing. The B-witched part made me want to hurl violently on top of the Telly - so I switched channels. It’s a crime that we pay a tv license to be subjected to that tripe. Also what was the idea of dressing Lucy like something that comes out of the oven Xmas day?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Vicarious Function

Apart from the members of the dance group, their classmates, families and fellow parishioners, there's a particular person who's elated by this result - Jason, who gave them his golden buzzer. LOL!

I don't imagine the other judges are too delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Vicarious Function

skearnsot wrote: »
    I’m still back at that GOD AWFUL CRINGE INDUCING supposed Irish dancer jake o Shea, I truly didn’t know whether it was dirty dancing, river dance or what it was he was doing. The B-witched part made me want to hurl violently on top of the Telly - so I switched channels. It’s a crime that we pay a tv license to be subjected to that tripe. Also what was the idea of dressing Lucy like something that comes out of the oven Xmas day?

I agree Jakes' final performance was a mess. What was it about? He's a great Irish dancer. Unfortunately, we saw very little of it in that performance. On a personal level I liked him, so was disappointed he was not able to put on a better show.

Re Lucy, I've loved her from Living with Lucy - where she dressed fairly casually. Loved her look in the last semi-final (Saturday), but agree last night's makeover was not so successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Say the winners on morning tv, thought it was interesting they said they toured around the schools & gave performances. These are the people who vote

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Icsics wrote: »
    Say the winners on morning tv, thought it was interesting they said they toured around the schools & gave performances. These are the people who vote

Lots of people on social media saying Ireland is way too small a country to have 40 strong dance troupes competing and for it not to influence the voting.

And if the watching public have no confidence in the integrity of the vote, the whole show becomes pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Strazdas wrote: »

And if the watching public have no confidence in the integrity of the vote, the whole show becomes pointless.

Then if you leave it all down to the judges and stop with the public vote, then the judges themselves are guaranteed to know some people taking part in the competition such is the size of our country. Sure many people are saying that Jason Byrne had relatives in the dance group that won the competition last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

I like this type of show but what's with all the dance acts is this really a Talent , whatever happened to a good old band with lead singer, bass and lead and a set of drums instead of this dance rubbish, or is it a thing that there's no real Talent out there?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

skearnsot wrote: »
    It’s a crime that we pay a tv license to be subjected to that tripe.

Actually Virgin Media is privately owned... our TV Licence pays for RTE, TG4 and RTE Radio...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Then if you leave it all down to the judges and stop with the public vote, then the judges themselves are guaranteed to know some people taking part in the competition such is the size of our country. Sure many people are saying that Jason Byrne had relatives in the dance group that won the competition last night.

For sure, but nobody is going to watch the final of a show where the top 3 is already decided and where their own vote wouldn't even count. Last night was a complete disaster for the show - the only thing people are discussing is the unfairness of the voting set up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

There’s two foreigners and I don’t think Louis spends too much time here. He’d be outvoted even if he had relatives (which is hearsay).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,529 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Strazdas wrote: »
    For sure, but nobody is going to watch the final of a show where the top 3 is already decided and where their own vote wouldn't even count. Last night was a complete disaster for the show - the only thing people are discussing is the unfairness of the voting set up
    Hard to see it coming back unless huge changes happen.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

pjohnson wrote: »
    Hard to see it coming back unless huge changes happen.

Like no more dance groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,242 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I looked up Lyra there because I remember Laura Brophy. I think it was 2004.
    It says Lyra was 27 and Laura would be over 30 now.(I think).
    As I said I could be wrong.
    Laura did have another older sister so they could all be into signing.

Laura came to visit us when I school. I was gutted it wasn't Jean Elliot!

My mate said Instagram for Sarah confirms Laura is Lyra, maybe hiding her age and Your A Star background, reinvention :p

Advertisement