Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's Got Talent!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Not gonna lie, the granny at the end had me sobbing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Sounded like it was recorded in a pub in terms of sound quality did anyone else pick up on that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

We had a friendly bet on how soon it would take Louis to utter those immortal words...

"...and you're only (insert age)" :pac:

And he didn't let us down :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

K.Flyer wrote: »
    We had a friendly bet on how soon it would take Louis to utter those immortal words...

"...and you're only (insert age)" :pac:

And he didn't let us down :D

Yeah, if you were doing a Louis Walsh drinking game tonight you'd have lost your liver, sure didn't he tell the dancer guy that opened the show he could be a "superstar" or some nonsense like that? Still, he was positively restrained by his standards, so thank goodness for small mercies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,821 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Wife thought one of the judges looked like Nana Mouskouri lol :D

I presume she didn't mean Louie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,889 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

am I crap enough?

Yes.
    DeadHand wrote:
    The flag of the Republic was left forgotten, crumbled on the floor at the back of the stage like a discarded newspaper as the idiots presented themselves like submissive spaniels, eager for the praise of the vapid parasites on the judging panel.

You got all that from a disinterested glimpse out of the corner of your eye while otherwise enjoying a night out? Right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Wife thought one of the judges looked like Nana Mouskouri lol :D

I presume she didn't mean Louie
    Yeah defo looks like nana. So we have nana and Eileen Reid now. Will watch main show next week. But NOT The after one as it's Crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Woman who sang at end 2 page spread in Nathan Carter's Sunday comic. Previously known as Sunday world. !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Er well it was better than the all Ireland talent show I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Sorry I missed the party. . Forgot about this thread and got pissed off with the talent or lack thereof so recorded the rest and was able to fast forward,

What an appalling show!!Are we really so bereft of talent?

Apart from the thirteen year old girl and the bloke at the end. .Loved through the comedian guy with him being so corny. .It worked for me .Had me lolling .

Can see him with his own show.

Is that judge a drag queen? She is damned good.

What's with the judges going OTT with lousy acts like the first dancer. He was crap. So few of the acts would have gotten through on British tv. .

See you all next week, ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

LOL'd at Lulu Walsh as he kept saying he thought Michelle was a man :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    Sorry I missed the party. . Forgot about this thread and got pissed off with the talent or lack thereof so recorded the rest and was able to fast forward,

What an appalling show!!Are we really so bereft of talent?

Apart from the thirteen year old girl and the bloke at the end. .Loved through the comedian guy with him being so corny. .It worked for me .Had me lolling .

Can see him with his own show.

Is that judge a drag queen? She is damned good.

What's with the judges going OTT with lousy acts like the first dancer. He was crap. So few of the acts would have gotten through on British tv. .

See you all next week, ,

Because they have to make the most of what they have. The talent pool is going to be much smaller in Ireland, hence they have to make a bigger deal of any semi-decent acts. Anybody who's outstanding is not going to apply to Ireland's Got Talent, or probably a reality tv show in general. Probably just best to enjoy it for what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,821 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

i'd say if this show makes it to another series then the quality and caliber of the second series will be much higher , thats what I think.

I think maybe people will look at this first series and think "they were crap, I can do much better than that" and then apply for the second series.

even BGT was pretty rough when it first started, and i remember people saying how rubbish that was at first but like a good wine it got better as it matured (or maybe not, for prople who think BGT is rubbish too lol )

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Because they have to make the most of what they have. The talent pool is going to be much smaller in Ireland, hence they have to make a bigger deal of any semi-decent acts. Anybody who's outstanding is not going to apply to Ireland's Got Talent, or probably a reality tv show in general. Probably just best to enjoy it for what it is.

It was such a cringefest to watch them giving standing ovations to crap acts. They have lost all credibility. But it is good to know I am not alone in thinking the standard is abysmal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    LOL'd at Lulu Walsh as he kept saying he thought Michelle was a man :p

I thought so too, tbf.

She "dragged" him up onto the stage at a RuPaul show in the Olympia last year and made him mime to a Dolly Parton song, complete with a curly blond wig. He says that was the first time he had met her, but he knew then that she would be great for the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

K.Flyer wrote: »
    She "dragged" him up onto the stage at a RuPaul show in the Olympia last year and made him mime to a Dolly Parton song, complete with a curly blond wig. He says that was the first time he had met her, but he knew then that she would be great for the show.

I'd say Lulu Walsh is game for anything :p especially to promote a show he is on

I was surprised Michelle choose the nana for her golden buzzer act

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'd say Lulu Walsh is game for anything :p especially to promote a show he is on

I was surprised Michelle choose the nana for her golden buzzer act

He was actually really reluctant to go on the stage, but he sort of knew that he had to do it, he looked so uncomfortable, which made it all the more hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Just saw the first episode and must say it was well put together unlike the cheap RTE versions. Just a little to much open mouths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Ready everyone?

• Advertisement

Not too shabby that first act...

Number 2's a winner!!!

3 in a row this week again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭CH3OH

just posting so you know you're not alone!!!

CH3OH wrote: »
    just posting so you know you're not alone!!!

It's dead compared to last week???

She's ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Oh OH they are not great

She should pipe down a bit

I hope she's gonna be deadly...

• Advertisement

I hope she's gonna be deadly...