Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online FTTH order

Options
  • 13-06-2017 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi, I used the online chat yesterday to enquire about FTTH.   The person was very helpful and gave me a price for a package with 1000mb broadband, 15gb eir mobile package etc.  The price was 75 per month for 6 months, then 80 per month for 6 months and 125 after that.   This sounded like a decent deal to me. 

I went onto the online chat then in the evening to order the package. I was told that price was incorrect and it was actually 10euro dearer per month. I queried this and was then told that I have the package at the original price quoted.   I went through all the details and then at the very end was told the price in fact was wrong and it would be the 10 euro dearer.  I found this astonishing and there was no way I was paying more than I had been quoted. 

I decided to go for the cheapr package with the eir mobile 1GB. I was given a list of the free phones, chose one, and was told that one was out of stock.  I picked another one.  Went through more details and then was told the phone was actually 29 euro. I know its not much money but again I was quoted one price and then told another.

I feel that the original price I was offered should have been honoured and I found the whole process very frustrating.  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Chieftain,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today.

I am really sorry to hear this, Can you please PM me your account details and I will be more than happy to have a further look into this for you?

Thanks,
    Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi Chieftain, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

I am really sorry to hear this, Can you please PM me your account details and I will be more than happy to have a  further look into this for you?

Thanks, 
    Leanne.
    PM sent, thanks

No problem.

I'm working through my PM's now and I will reply back shortly.

Thanks,
    Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

@anna I have PM'd you also.

Hi fbradyirl,

I have responded to your PM:)

Thanks,
    Anna.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Thanks Anna. It has been now 5 days since I did the online order but I haven't had any confirmation email or installation date. Can you check that for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi fbradyirl,

Sorry to hear you still haven't received an order confirmation email. Can you PM me your full name, home address and email address please? I'll look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Adam

Advertisement