Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Code Institute

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

Mr Floyd wrote: »
    Never heard of a conversation course, did you mean conversion? In my own personal situation I'm coming from a background of working in Localization since 2001 and was enjoying that while always having plans on learning to code at some stage. Not a bad CV as I've worked in Microsoft along the way but the tech industry seems like its gonna a tough one to break into. But there are plenty of great courses by the likes of Wes Bos, Stephen Grider and Brad Traversy to get my skills upgraded as well as this course and build a strong portfolio. Because at the end of the day it really depends on yourself to learn and practice by building things and making mistakes, no matter what course you are doing. Stack overflow is another great resource for help also. No excuses!! Although I will admit, selling myself is something I have to improve.

Yes, conversion - I try to subdue autocorrect but it sometimes makes itself felt.

These courses are great for improving your skills, but I thought the idea was to improve the CV. Unfortunately, irrespective of how good they are, they won't influence the usual HR filters.

Advertisement