Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Mobile App Battery Drain

Options
  • 13-06-2017 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed that the BOI Mobile app on android is causing battery drain.

I'm running Android 7 on a Galaxy S7 and every time I use the BOI Mobile app and close it, android reports it later on for draining battery even when it's in the background. It requires being killed to stop the battery drain.

I have removed and reinstalled the app, but the behaviour remains.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon techdiver, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

We are going to look into this further for you with our mobile app team and will come back to you here once we have more information. Just to mention, you can save power on your battery by placing the app in sleep mode via your Settings on the phone. The mobile app will automatically 'wake up' when you next log in. 

Thanks again,

Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

We are going to look into this further for you with our mobile app team and will come back to you here once we have more information. Just to mention, you can save power on your battery by placing the app in sleep mode via your Settings on the phone. The mobile app will automatically 'wake up' when you next log in. 

Thanks again,

Elaine 
    Hi Elaine,

I'm aware of that feature, but this happens once the app is opened and then put in the background. It's the only app that the system is flagging as draining battery when it's not being actively used.

Ian

techdiver wrote: »

Thanks again,

Elaine 
    Hi Elaine,

I'm aware of that feature, but this happens once the app is opened and then put in the background. It's the only app that the system is flagging as draining battery when it's not being actively used.

Ian
    Thanks Ian, 

I've asked our mobile app team to investigate this further and I'll come back to you here as soon as possible. 

Elaine 

techdiver wrote: »

Thanks again,

Elaine 
    Hi Elaine,

Ian
    Good Morning Ian, 

Thank you for your patience. 

Our digital team have confirmed that they are aware of this situation. They have advised that while the battery usage of the app is quite low, they continue to work on optimising performance and thank you for your feedback on this.  

Thanks again,
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

Had to uninstall the app because of this issue. I'm sure it's still being addressed. Just an FYI

• Advertisement
Advertisement