Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir problem

Options
  • 13-06-2017 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi.

I'm writing as a final try to see if anything can be resolved before I involve a lawyer which O would prefer not to spend money on.

Hoping someone reasonable will reply

Basically, 2 years ago I cancelled my account with eir as I had to move home to my parents as my Dad died and my Mum became terminally ill (was diagnosed with motor neuron that same week) I needed to care for my mum. I cancelled everything in the house I was renting and every service company was very understanding apart from one...... guess who!

I terminated my account but I kept being charged. I couldn't transfer to my parents house as they had all their services. So I said on the phone that I need to cancel but I left the direct debits to keep being taken for another 8 months. I thought it was only fair. With no income then I had to cancel. More than €200 extra had been taken which was more than the cancellation fee. A few times I had called Eir but every time (3 times) I had spoken to customer service and been transferred to the cancellation team the phone just cut off.

So a year and a half later I now have a bill of €435 and and have been harassed and badgered by both Eir and a collection agency, through the period off my mum and Dad dying and a lot of illness and surgeries myself. It is truly despicable. Anyone I talk to there has been extremely rude and forceful. I have no funds to pay that and on principle I won't anyway. I did cancel. The 3 rid time I tried to cancel the person who transferred me told me they would continue with the cancellation if I was cut off again. Eir has no record at all of it and refuse that I cancelled. I would not make that up. I now see that this is quite common that every conversation is not recorded. You definitely have not recorded or deleted my conversations with you and this is just not fair. That is all I look for. I paid over the cancellation fee and now I see this as a complete scam that Eir is doing. To be harassed when going through 2 bereavements, many health problems myself with complications with my diabetes, surgeries, loss of sight and a separation with my kids being taken from my life is pretty awful and caused me even more stress. Now my mum has just passed away and I'm pretty pissed off that I am still being chased for this. Something which because of a mistake on your part that everyone I speak to refuses to acknowledge and says that your system doesn't make mistakes. Yet, I see on this board that I am not the only one that this has happened to.

I hope you can help resolve this but I am seeing a new lawyer this week and will talk to them about this too. I can't afford to spend this money, being on disability and not working but on principle I will fight it. I am shocked at your business practices.

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Danjams wrote: »
    Hi.

I'm writing as a final try to see if anything can be resolved before I involve a lawyer which O would prefer not to spend money on.

Hoping someone reasonable will reply

Basically, 2 years ago I cancelled my account with eir as I had to move home to my parents as my Dad died and my Mum became terminally ill (was diagnosed with motor neuron that same week) I needed to care for my mum. I cancelled everything in the house I was renting and every service company was very understanding apart from one...... guess who!  

I terminated my account but I kept being charged. I couldn't transfer to my parents house as they had all their services. So I said on the phone that I need to cancel but I left the direct debits to keep being taken for another 8 months. I thought it was only fair. With no income then I had to cancel. More than €200 extra had been taken which was more than the cancellation fee. A few times I had called Eir but every time (3 times) I had spoken to customer service and been transferred to the cancellation team the phone just cut off.

So a year and a half later I now have a bill of €435 and and have been harassed and badgered by both Eir and a collection agency, through the period off my mum and Dad dying and a lot of illness and surgeries myself. It is truly despicable. Anyone I talk to there has been extremely rude and forceful. I have no funds to pay that and on principle I won't anyway. I did cancel. The 3 rid time I tried to cancel the person who transferred me told me they would continue with the cancellation if I was cut off again. Eir has no record at all of it and refuse that I cancelled. I would not make that up. I now see that this is quite common that every conversation is not recorded. You definitely have not recorded or deleted my conversations with you and this is just not fair. That is all I look for. I paid over the cancellation fee and now I see this as a complete scam that Eir is doing. To be harassed when going through 2 bereavements, many health problems myself with complications with my diabetes, surgeries, loss of sight and a separation with my kids being taken from my life is pretty awful and caused me even more stress. Now my mum has just passed away and I'm pretty pissed off that I am still being chased for this. Something which because of a mistake on your part that everyone I speak to refuses to acknowledge and says that your system doesn't make mistakes. Yet, I see on this board that I am not the only one that this has happened to.

I hope you can help resolve this but I am seeing a new lawyer this week and will talk to them about this too. I can't afford to spend this money, being on disability and not working but on principle I will fight it. I am shocked at your business practices.

Thank you
    Hi Danjames, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

Firstly, I would like to offer my condolences for your loss and I am really sorry to hear of your situation. I understand how distressing this can be. 

Can you please PM me your account details and I will be more than happy to look into this for you?

Thanks, 
    Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭cmore123

I have been charged a good sized 4 figure sum for "data usage" which I categorically did NOT use. The period covered is some 30 hours only! Even if I had been online all this time, with no sleep, it would still have been €2 per minute, which seems impossible.

I repeat, I wasn't online using any data at all - for a good reason - I was at a wedding and function the whole time. The phone remained in my pocket too, so there is zero chance that someone else might have used it, convenient as it might be for me to try to claim that they had!

Now they have taken it by direct debit. The amount equates to roughly seven years usage at pay-as-you-go rates before I was with this contract. The company (eir) insists that their billing systems are foolproof and that the amount is correct. It isn't. How do I get my money back? I can't afford this amount anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

cmore123 wrote: »
    I have been charged a good sized 4 figure sum for "data usage" which I categorically did NOT use. The period covered is some 30 hours only! Even if I had been online all this time, with no sleep, it would still have been €2 per minute, which seems impossible.

I repeat, I wasn't online using any data at all - for a good reason - I was at a wedding and function the whole time. The phone remained in my pocket too, so there is zero chance that someone else might have used it, convenient as it might be for me to try to claim that they had!

Now they have taken it by direct debit. The amount equates to roughly seven years usage at pay-as-you-go rates before I was with this contract. The company (eir) insists that their billing systems are foolproof and that the amount is correct. It isn't. How do I get my money back? I can't afford this amount anyway.
    Start by instructing (TELLING) your bank to do a chargeback.  Thats a start, and then discuss it with them.  The bank must do as told and then work from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

cmore123 wrote: »

Hi therecmore123

Thank you for getting in touch with us here.

If you call Customer Care directly, they will be able to assist you with this.  Just confirm with them the exact charges you're referring to (times & dates) and they will escalate if needed.

-Kyle

Advertisement