Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Logitech cameras with HomeKit being launched

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

OU812 wrote: »
    Interesting development.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/06/13/logitech-announces-circle-2/

Seems like the most flexible "kit" on the market. Nest better get their finger out.

Just wanted to bump this thread.

The Circle 2 is currently on pre-order from Logitech. The wireless version is coming in at £199 but I've noticed someone posted a code in BA for 30% off if you order three products directly from Logitech.

By my working that's £139 each for the wireless if you order 3 or £119 for the wired version.

Code is JT7AIZQHA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Pity about the £79.99 per camera, per year subscription!

That would turn a lot of people off going for it, doesn't have motion detection zones without the add on.

Davy wrote: »
    Pity about the £79.99 per camera, per year subscription!

That would turn a lot of people off going for it, doesn't have motion detection zones without the add on.

Ah I didn't realise that.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ah I didn't realise that.

Sorry, should have been more clear - its optional.

You get 1 day cloud recording free but you get all the USP's that this offers over other options, you would need to pay the subscription

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I have the Circle 1 and I have to say that the 24 hours free cloud recording is great.

I don't think most people really need a subscription, not unless you specifically need motion zones.

If you are just looking for a baby or pet monitor or security camera * then the 24 hours free is perfectly fine IMO.

* Where you don't need motion zones, either indoor or where any movement outdoors should be notified of.
    Motion zones are really only needed where you are using them outdoors and need to preclude a specific area (e.g. street beyond your gate).

Having said that, I think the Circle 2 is WAY too expensive. I paid just €70 for my circle 1 (amazon sale), might be worth about €120, I'm not sure worth the £200 or so they are looking for these!

• Advertisement

bk wrote: »
    I don't think most people really need a subscription, not unless you specifically need motion zones.

I use the motion zones, on my camera for different areas and find it useful. Handy to sent different sensitivity for the different zones.

This Nokia Home is another option, that has a air quality and lullaby music and lighting future as a USP.

https://health.nokia.com/ie/en/home

nokia-withings-home-camera-price-dubai.jpg

I use the motion zones, on my camera for different areas and find it useful. Handy to sent different sensitivity for the different zones.

This Nokia Home is another option, that has a air quality and lullaby music and lighting future as a USP.

https://health.nokia.com/ie/en/home

nokia-withings-home-camera-price-dubai.jpg

That's a really nice looking device. That's on the watch list now for a sale :)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's a really nice looking device. That's on the watch list now for a sale :)

There is a code out to take 25% off at the minute so works out at €149 delivered :)

There is a code out to take 25% off at the minute so works out at €149 delivered :)

Hmmmmm.... I got in trouble yesterday when herself found out I spent £112 on a Harmony Elite and I do have a Canary Cam due tomorrow so I better hold off until next week :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭THE ALM

I have two of those Nokia Cams (withings as they were) and they have steadily gone downhill with each app and firmware update although I believe things are better on apple. Checking the reviews on the google play store confirms I am not alone.

Picture quality has gone downhill and I am currently contemplating sending one of them back. The 24hr playback used to be in 1-2 mins snapshots then went out to 5mins and now is currently 10mins, so if something occurs that it not triggered by the motion/noise sensor you can forget about it as it would be over and you would never know, a lot can happen in 10mins! I would think the 10min snapshots and lower picture quality could be a bandwith/storage issue with there servers and has been lowered to deal with it, imo.

The Android app, is now, really poor with constant crashes or when viewing the live feed the picture will just go black, not great.

Currently looking at alternatives

• Advertisement
Advertisement