Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan Query

Options
  • 13-06-2017 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently applied for a car loan and I am awaiting a decision. I have tried to call but was redirected to two wrong departments (firstly I was redirected through to car insurance and secondly I was redirected through to loan arrears). I then spent another 15 minutes waiting for someone to answer in the loan department but I had to hang up. I waited for a total of 38 minutes.

Can you please arrange for somebody to call me directly immediately? I can Pm my details

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

What did the call cost you? BoI have a habit of directing you around their automated voice system to extract call charges from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

thegills wrote: »
    What did the call cost you? BoI have a habit of directing you around their automated voice system to extract call charges from you.
    I'm not sure as I was calling off the landline in work on my break.  I tried ringing twice on Friday as well as I had applied for the loan through the app (apparently they didn't receive the application so beware of applying through the app) and I was also put through hoops to finally get talking to somebody. The only other opportunity I will get to call today will be at 1.30 when its their busiest time for calls so there'll be no chance! Really dreadful service. I ring plenty of other banks as part of my job and none of them are as bad as BoI. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

smeal wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently applied for a car loan and I am awaiting a decision. I have tried to call but was redirected to two wrong departments (firstly I was redirected through to car insurance and secondly I was redirected through to loan arrears). I then spent another 15 minutes waiting for someone to answer in the loan department but I had to hang up. I waited for a total of 38 minutes.

Can you please arrange for somebody to call me directly immediately? I can Pm my details
    Good Afternoon smeal, 

Thank you for getting in touch and I'm very sorry to hear of your recent experience. 

We'd like to help with this further. Can you send us a PM with your name and contact number and we'll be happy to look into this for you. 

When sending a PM please make sure you have signatures set to display in your control panel settings and then click in the link in my signature below to send the message. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Thanks Elaine I have tried to PM you but it is saying that you cannot receive Private Messages?

FYI, I just rang BOI and got through after 9 minutes but when I was transferred through to loans I was disconnected after a minute :( 

smeal wrote: »
    Thanks Elaine I have tried to PM you but it is saying that you cannot receive Private Messages?

FYI, I just rang BOI and got through after 9 minutes but when I was transferred through to loans I was disconnected after a minute :( 
    Never mind, I figured it out how to PM you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement