Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Iver - Cork Opera House - 15/09/17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

It's gonna be a special weekend, the National the day after

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Gonna be so hard to tickets for this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

maximoose wrote: »
    https://www.corkoperahouse.ie/event/bon-iver/2017-09-15/

Date: Friday, 15th September, 2017
    Time: 10pm
    Tickets: From €40

Deadly.
    Was just saying yesterday, if they're coming back anywhere indoors within flying distance, I'm going..
    The rain at forbidden fruit put a bit of a dampener on things - can't wait for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

****, nearly fell over when I saw this on FB.

What is the best method to increase chances of tickets? I think I might go down and queue up at the Opera house? Is this allowed. I missed tickets for The National trying online but Bon Iver are probably my favourite act of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Wait, do people think it'll be very hard to get tickets for this so? I absolutely need to get my hands on them! They were incredible at Forbidden Fruit.

• Advertisement

Wait, do people think it'll be very hard to get tickets for this so? I absolutely need to get my hands on them! They were incredible at Forbidden Fruit.

Serious? I just came back from Primavera where he killed it in front of 40 - 50k

Serious? I just came back from Primavera where he killed it in front 40 - 50k

Ugh. I kind of don't want to think of the possibility that I won't get tickets I suppose. I mean I was shocked that the Monday of Forbidden Fruit wasn't sold out considering how huge their fanbase is.

Ugh. I kind of don't want to think of the possibility that I won't get tickets I suppose. I mean I was shocked that the Monday of Forbidden Fruit wasn't sold out considering how huge their fanbase is.

Tickets to the National went smoothly for me, but I heard others had an awful time, I'd advise try get signed up for any presales you can find

Tickets to the National went smoothly for me, but I heard others had an awful time, I'd advise try get signed up for any presales you can find

Phoned them.
    No presale..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

OH online system really is a lottery and not the best in dealing with High traffic .... National was a complete disaster for me . So mad ; Was in the queue but never got accepted in - picks people completely at random regardless of wait time and at that you might think you are in and get told Sold out once you ready to transact.

Worth checking to see if they doing over counter sales - might be your best bet but tickets for this for sure will be in high demand.

On another note am so impressed with OH and getting these 2 big names that weekend - its great to see gigs like this getting to Cork !

• Advertisement

whatever76 wrote: »
    OH online system really is a lottery and not the best in dealing with High traffic .... National was a complete disaster for me . So mad ; Was in the queue but never got accepted in - picks people completely at random regardless of wait time and at that you might think you are in and get told Sold out once you ready to transact.

Worth checking to see if they doing over counter sales - might be your best bet but tickets for this for sure will be in high demand.

On another note am so impressed with OH and getting these 2 big names that weekend - its great to see gigs like this getting to Cork !

This is not news I want to hear, but thanks for the heads up. Might ring the opera house tomorrow and ask about over the counter sales. I'd absolutely love to get tickets, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

How many tickets are actually being sold? I'm guessing the OH can't hold too many people.

I rang the OH today and was told that the tickets will be sold online, over the counter or by phone - does anyone have any experience of ringing them to buy tickets? I'd be a bit worried that the phone line would be insanely busy. I'm not from Cork so I don't think I'll be able to go to buy them at the box office itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭ngunners

I rang the OH today and was told that the tickets will be sold online, over the counter or by phone - does anyone have any experience of ringing them to buy tickets? I'd be a bit worried that the phone line would be insanely busy. I'm not from Cork so I don't think I'll be able to go to buy them at the box office itself!

Tried calling them for the National. Phone was off the hook, I think. No luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I take it that Bon Iver are playing in Cork due to the friendship with The National/Aaron Dessner? I doubt there will be futher shows announced for Ireland?

Think id swap my EP tickets for tickets both Bon Iver and The National in Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

These virtual queues never fill me with hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

maximoose wrote: »
    These virtual queues never fill me with hope...
    At least there was no presale this time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The site is absolute rubbish.
    I got through pretty quickly but when I try to select standing tickets it says I need to enter a code .
    Seating is sold out .

My guy was trundling along the queue bar nicely but stuck around half way saying "The queue is paused" for a while now.

Seated now showing Sold Out

This is so annoying. I am still in the queue, and I tried ringing but the phone lines are off the hook from what I can tell.

Will I even be able to get tickets, if seating is sold out and I don't have a code for the standing tickets?

Phew!
    Got in on the phone.

Seating was all gone.
    Someone hit me up if they'd prefer standing...

• Advertisement

This is so annoying. I am still in the queue, and I tried ringing but the phone lines are off the hook from what I can tell.

For future reference, they started the phone queue at 9:59 - I was ringing from 9:50

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

PLEASE NOTE: We are currently experiencing technical issues with downstairs standing sales for Bon Iver. You will be passed through the queue at the earliest opportunity. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Amateurs

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

PLEASE NOTE: We are currently experiencing technical issues with downstairs standing sales for Bon Iver. You will be passed through the queue at the earliest opportunity. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Got standing on the phone just now, wanted seated but that'll do nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Just got 4 standing through the phone - think its the only way to buy tickets at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Gunner5

420441.PNG

False hope? :'(

Yeah probably best to get calling now!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Standing relatively easily gotten over phone now apparently..

.. not much use for me on a ferry at minute! :(

I just managed to get standing tickets over the phone - i'd say it is the only way to go about getting them now. And it was relatively fast. Thank god!

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    Standing relatively easily gotten over phone now apparently..

.. not much use for me on a ferry at minute! :(

I just checked and the queue is back moving again so you might still have luck with the online sales!

Advertisement