Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Iver - Cork Opera House - 15/09/17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

We got through to payment and tried 3 different cards.. all came back with error. Not impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

got 2 on the phone a while back, thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Basq wrote: »
    We got through to payment and tried 3 different cards.. all came back with error. Not impressed!

Same here ,ffs ,this is a shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ebowdia

Just got through on phone 5 mins ago and there are still some standing left.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Keeps rejecting my credit card, but it came up as payment accepted no my Revolut app, despite the site telling me it was rejected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Keeps rejecting my credit card, but it came up as payment accepted no my Revolut app, despite the site telling me it was rejected
    Yep, am about €500 down after multiple payment attempts despite site telling me "successfully refunded"..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Got through on the phone just now. They still have standing tickets available.

Basq wrote: »
    Yep, am about ?500 down after multiple payment attempts despite site telling me "successfully refunded"..
    Fukit, got this on 3 cards:
    Your order could not be processed and has been successfully refunded (Error #-20009)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Same... this is a complete joke

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sophievdp

tailgunner wrote: »
    Got through on the phone just now. They still have standing tickets available.

How are people getting through on the phone?? I've literally been on the phone for like an hour just constantly ringing and it's always engaged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sophievdp wrote: »
    How are people getting through on the phone?? I've literally been on the phone for like an hour just constantly ringing and it's always engaged

I was just hammering redial on the work phone, took about 10 mins to get through you just have to keep at it and get a bit of luck

Mine was engaged for about 80 - 90 attempts, it eventually rang, and then put in a 8 minute call queue, sorted then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Sophievdp wrote: »

I had to redial dozens of times. Eventually got through to a queue and they answered after 5 minutes or so.

lol eventually get through after literally an hour of redialling and of course it's sold out. this was a fu****g joke :mad::mad::mad:

Fckin shítshow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

whatever76 wrote: »
    On another note am so impressed with OH and getting these 2 big names that weekend - its great to see gigs like this getting to Cork !

All the more reason why I so badly hope the Events Centre will be built.

Got through on the phone and they told me ,its sold out .
    What an absolute shambles of a website.

2 hours of my work day wasted on this .
    I got through at about 5 past ten but I couldn't select standing tickets ,only seats as standing was looking for a code.
    I then tried to buy 2 seats but got timed out.

Back in on the queue later on,select 2 standing and I get an error with my credit card .
    Try debit card ,same error ,then Revolut ,same error.

Woman on the phone ,oh I am sorry ,unless you got a confirmation email then the order didnt go through.
    There were 6000 people trying to get through ,sorry about that.

Hopeless system,it cant handle 6000 people ,pathetic .

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Grimsvotn

Waited in the queue for 2 hours until I see this message:

Please Note: Bon Iver is currently offsale

Complete and utter shambles

gave out stink to them in an email there, made me feel slightly better lol

Just had a look there ,my credit card has been debited 5 times, debit card once and Revolut once .
    What a shambles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Just had a look there ,my credit card has been debited 5 times, debit card once and Revolut once .
    What a shambles.

If they have taken money I would demand the tickets. For at least one order.

I went down to The Opera House and queued up. Decent queue there towards the end and everyone got sorted. I tried to go back up as friends were having no luck online but I wasn't allowed purchase any more than the 4 max tickets (to which I've no problems with) as that was the rule. I also tried to buy some online for friends. I got as far as getting seated tickets to my cart but I couldn't check out. The website couldn't handle the traffic.

The queue down the Opera House finished around 10.30. I presume they started picking up the phones then and sold the standing ones that couldn't be purchased online for some reason.

I went down to The Opera House and queued up. Decent queue there towards the end and everyone got sorted. I tried to go back up as friends were having no luck online but I wasn't allowed purchase any more than the 4 max tickets (to which I've no problems with) as that was the rule. I also tried to buy some online for friends. I got as far as getting seated tickets to my cart but I couldn't check out. The website couldn't handle the traffic.

The queue down the Opera House finished around 10.30. I presume they started picking up the phones then and sold the standing ones that couldn't be purchased online for some reason.

What time did you start queueing?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

If they have taken money I would demand the tickets. For at least one order.

They are incomplete transactions I'd imagine, the charges will be pending on the card but not 'claimed' and will be released - funds go back to card

Bit of a joke their system allows for it though

What time did you start queueing?

8am. The queue got bigger around 9am.

Our group might have 2 spare now. Does anyone want to swap two Bon Iver for two for The National in the Opera House? Give me a shout and we'll see if we can sort something out.

Not for sale without the swap. Thanks.

Mods, feel free to move if not allowed to offer here.

Cork Opera House have put out a pretty dubious statement.
    Saying tickets were already sold out when people had transactions refunded.
    That's simply not true as they were selling tickets on the phone for 45 minutes after I placed my transactions this morning.
    Statement with regards to Bon Iver ticket sale this morning -

Tickets for Bon Iver went on sale at 10am this morning, through Cork Opera House’s three ticket selling platforms; online, phone and counter.

To deal with the volume of ticket buyers, additional staff were put in place and all box office phone lines were manned. A high volume of sales were processed by phone, online and at the counter this morning. All customers who physically queued from early morning received tickets.
    However due to the sheer volume of interest in this concert, we were not able to facilitate every patron in their desire to purchase tickets.

Regrettably, a problem arose with Cork Opera House’s service providers Tickets.com, after the tickets had sold out. Many patrons who were online and mid-transaction at the time of sell out were not successful in purchasing tickets, however had an amount pending a transaction on their cards.
    These transactions were never actually charged to the patrons’ cards. In some cases the money was temporarily held, but has subsequently been refunded. Tickets.com are doing their upmost to ensure that funds are released back into our patron’s accounts as quickly as possible.

Eibhl?n Gleeson, CEO of Cork Opera House said:
    “We understand how deeply frustrating, disappointing and impactful this was on our valued patrons. We are reviewing our ticketing system in light of this experience. I have requested a full statement from Tickets.com to detail exactly what caused this issue and ensure that any outstanding issues are resolved. I want to apologise to all of those who were affected and I can assure you that we are working to ensure that this does not occur again.

We will be individually contacting all of our patrons who have been adversely financially affected by this unfortunate error and we will do what we can to rectify the situation as soon as possible. We urge anyone who is in this scenario to contact us via email on showe@corkoperahouse.ie.”

Andy Buckland, Director of Service Delivery at Tickets.com said:
    "Due to technical problems with our online systems, some customers attempting to purchase tickets for the above event this morning (21/6/2017) have had their cards charged and immediately refunded as well as not being able to complete their purchase.

Tickets.com would like to apologise for the inconvenience this has caused customers of Cork Opera House who themselves are in no way responsible for the failure."

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Ariana Grande

I'm crying I didn't get tickets :'(

Cork Opera House have put out a pretty dubious statement.
    Saying tickets were already sold out when people had transactions refunded.
    That's simply not true as they were selling tickets on the phone for 45 minutes after I placed my transactions this morning.
    Definitely wasn't sold out, as I had the 4 in my basket and it told me there were 82 more tickets left at that stage.
    Complete cock up with their payment system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Such a mess. Ive four transactions for four tickets still waiting to be put back into my account. 708e ffs

Il never give out about ticketmaster again

Advertisement